Damage to Destroyers from Weapons in PvE/PvP

Over the past view weeks I have been noticing that certain Weapons like the Flux Phaser and cruise missiles to the Tempest Launcer dealing significantly higher damage than marked to destroyers. You all know how strong my destroyer is with 100 points of resistance at all times, I still have yet to understand this. 

2 days ago I was in a Beacon Capture PvP with full pilots, and I was flying around and a tackler in a Silent Fox cloaks behind me and starts to fire its Flux Phaser, dealing on hit, 6734 damage, and with multi-phase activated, about 4953. A normal Flux Phaser has only 1/3 that damage and I would like an answer. I have also been hit with a Cruise Missle dealing over its marked damage–again with 50% resistance you’d think thats not possible but it is, I know a user by the name of Engle, he was a former GM and he fitted a Flux Phaser and it did the same damage. 

My point is, why don’t you just post the extra damage to destroyers like the LRF’s disintegrator description? I would really like to understand their true reistance and survibility yet here I am with this magical issue. 

On a different note, the same thing applys to PvE bots, in the last undates you have added octopus missles for pretty much all types of ships, interceptors to tacklers. I dont understand why you cant follow the game roll, and a 10,000m target painter? Are you serious? Not to mention the octopus missles that I get and my friend “H0WLINWOLF” gets hit with deal any range from 3500/6000 x8, I have seen it and recorded it, I will upload later as soon as I can find it. 

Please just follow the game… small ships in players hand’s dont have octopus missles, nor 10,000m target painters, if you really want a good player base, stop adding ridiculous things, on the note of ridiculous things, why are the turtles going 500ms and having shrapnel cannons dealing 15 thousand damage up close? Make them go 100 ms and 20,000 dmg XD

Destroyers take 200% explosive damage.

Some weapons and all missiles do Explosion type of dmg (ofcourse except for att drones)

Each ship size has own modifier to explosion damage

Interceptors take 64% of exp dmg

Fighters take 100%

Frigates take 125%

Desstroyers take 200%

Isn’t it 75% for inties ? 

Try take a hit from a T5 missile launcher in dreadnought battle, took down 40k shield in one hit. I’m sitting there like  4THrhGl.gif

Just now, xKostyan said:

Desstroyers take 200%

Survival mode be like 600% with map attack buff 1050% and command buff 1300%?

27 minutes ago, Milfeulle said:

Try take a hit from a T5 missile launcher in dreadnought battle, took down 40k shield in one hit. I’m sitting there like  4THrhGl.gif

I’m going to assume Hamtaro over there is saying f@#$ ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

First, only commands can use the weapon “Flux Phaser” and since there are no federation command ships you mean the “Singularity” cannon. You can equip this on any fighter including tacklers. It deals more damage because it is built like that. Because it counts as “AoE” damage, it will deal more damage to destroyers, just as it deals less to interceptors.

Secondly, even if it -was- actually a Flux Phaser, the damage that is displayed is 100% always wrong. Not only is this because of resistances and buffs etc, but also because the weapon can also shoot slow moving plasma balls just like the Singularity cannon. They will deal insane damage compared to the fast bolts from the standard mode.

Another cause for increased damage for either weapon is due to the fact that they hit all of your modules too. So it hits you, but also hits a total of 6 other things on you, dealing a little more damage for every thing that it hits. It doesn’t do full damage to them, but it does deal damage.

7 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

First, only commands can use the weapon “Flux Phaser” and since there are no federation command ships you mean the “Singularity” cannon. You can equip this on any fighter including tacklers. It deals more damage because it is built like that. Because it counts as “AoE” damage, it will deal more damage to destroyers, just as it deals less to interceptors.

Secondly, even if it -was- actually a Flux Phaser, the damage that is displayed is 100% always wrong. Not only is this because of resistances and buffs etc, but also because the weapon can also shoot slow moving plasma balls just like the Singularity cannon. They will deal insane damage compared to the fast bolts from the standard mode.

Another cause for increased damage for either weapon is due to the fact that they hit all of your modules too. So it hits you, but also hits a total of 6 other things on you, dealing a little more damage for every thing that it hits. It doesn’t do full damage to them, but it does deal damage.

Ahem,maybe you meant “Phaser”,“Flux Phaser” on the other hand can be used on every fighter,it has a small blast radius and if you are still missing a destroyer then you cannot meet the minimum IQ requirements to play the game,or breath,just saying.

Flux Phaser is the weapon that shoots those guided spheres that explode upon impact or upon trigger release. And all fighters can use it. The command weapon is called only Phaser and is availabel from rank 11 up. If it was the slow moving phaser sphere that it would have been much more damage. I didn’t try it much in PvP against destroyers but I remember hitting the cruiser in Fire Support for over 70k damage in a single hit.

What others said, the bigger the ship, the greater the dameg from explosion. There are also buffs and debuffs that can affect the amount of damage.

Edit: Damn thunderninjas

1 hour ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Ahem,maybe you meant “Phaser”,“Flux Phaser” on the other hand can be used on every fighter,it has a small blast radius and if you are still missing a destroyer then you cannot meet the minimum IQ requirements to play the game,or breath,just saying.

Ah right yeah. Never use it so I got it mixed up.

In this case, it is dealing more damage because explosions deal x3 damage to destroyers

19 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Ah right yeah. Never use it so I got it mixed up.

In this case, it is dealing more damage because explosions deal x3 damage to destroyers

it is a double damage not triple damage

5 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

it is a double damage not triple damage

Thought dessies got +200%???

double damage would be +100%, which frigates get.

Nevermind I was seeing additive values not actual values. Taking “200% of damage” would indeed be double. Sry

Yeah it’s 3x in survival mode, not for explosions vs destroyers… Oh hey I figured out where you got your name. Dark red with embarrassment for mixing all this up!!  :stuck_out_tongue:

17 minutes ago, RennieAshII said:

Yeah it’s 3x in survival mode, not for explosions vs destroyers… Oh hey I figured out where you got your name. Dark red with embarrassment for mixing all this up!!  :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah that too. It’s too early and I really shouldn’t even be awake yet.

…What? they add a 200% increase to damage just because they cant get their head out of their money laundering arses and make them survivable? That is quite sad, they shouldn’t be taking that much more damage because they don’t have enough resistance or shield/hull volume. That is ludicrous.

9 hours ago, Milfeulle said:

This is exactly what I mean, 40,000 is the shield STR on the Archon, and every other Jericho(give or take 3000). What the literal FK? This needs to be fixed. NOW.

1 minute ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

…What? they add a 200% increase to damage just because they cant get their head out of their money laundering arses and make them survivable? That is quite sad, they shouldn’t be taking that much more damage because they don’t have enough resistance or shield/hull volume. That is ludicrous.

This is exactly what I mean, 40,000 is the shield STR on the Archon, and every other Jericho(give or take 3000). What the literal FK? This needs to be fixed. NOW.

No. It’s only with explosion type damages. 
A railgun won’t have doubled damage.

This is a mechanic all ships already have :

Interceptors takes 25% reduced explosion damage

Fighter get nothing

frigates get 25% more explosion

And destroyers get 100% more.

It’s not that much of a big deal. 

4 hours ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

Are you this dense? That’s how destroyers were constructed since the beginning.

And if you took damage from a dread missile launcher you deserved it in the first place, those things are not that hard to dodge or block. Those turrets are designed to counter heavy ships unlike the plasma turret counterparts. Learn the gamemode before you spout such bs.

Aktchually, the destroyers were constructed with a 175% explosion damage, then they ramped itup.

it’s funny that in surv mod module can deal 30k on destruction ^^

you basicly get kill by your own weapon