Crystal Plates are...AWESOME!!

First few days running Invincible with Crystal Plates, and specifically for the last match I played, I went with heavy drones instead of shields. LOL I don’t even need shields anymore. The amount of damage I can take with Invincible is unbelievable with crystal plates! I love the fact I can play like a Procyon but can swap over to a tanky tatic too and not get killed in several seconds.

There were many instances where 3-5 interceptors and fighters were ganging on me all at once, it took them a LONG time before my health went down below a quarter of my full HP.

If anybody doesn’t use crystal plates GET IT, it does an amazing job on destroyers.

EDIT: There is one thing I don’t understand, why does it activate when shields are being damaged? I thought it was a hull only modifier.

You get one stack whenever someone damage you. So obviously dealing damage to shield give you one stack. 

But that stack don’t increase shield resistances. 

Ah ok. Thanks.

How did you get the blueprint? I got 3 bp lately but non of the newer things like crystal plates…

I literally just got a crystal plate for my styx yesterday! I flew a few matches and it is sooo nice. Unfortunately I can’t decide what to put into the other two slots. If I plug the kinetic hole then I can’t have reinforced hull and galva, and they are both modules I like using, and if I do use reinforced and galva then I leave quite a kinetic hole (but i can’t decide whether crystal plate is enough to compensate the hole). Some testing is required!

But anyhow I love my new styx build with energy converter, crystal plates and the special combat drones, although it took me over sixth months to get them!!

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

How did you get the blueprint? I got 3 bp lately but non of the newer things like crystal plates…

With iridium. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Yeah crystal plates are awesome! Been wanting those since i first heard about em.

It’s also a breeze doing destroyer missions. Invincible is literally INVINCIBLE, I don’t use static shields and she can absorb an amazing amount of damage.

10 hours ago, HBZK100 said:

With iridium. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

The passive module ‘Crystal Plates 12’ … is it a t3 or t4 blueprint - becaus e saying : ‘allowed ranks : 8-12’?

The active module ‘Energy Converter 13’ … is it t3 or t4 blueprint - because its saying: ‘allowed ranks 9-13’?

I think they might be in the container for 350 Iridium - not in the containers for 200 Iridum, right?

4 hours ago, avarshina said:

The passive module ‘Crystal Plates 12’ … is it a t3 or t4 blueprint - becaus e saying : ‘allowed ranks : 8-12’?

The active module ‘Energy Converter 13’ … is it t3 or t4 blueprint - because its saying: ‘allowed ranks 9-13’?

I think they might be in the container for 350 Iridium - not in the containers for 200 Iridum, right?

T3 is 8-12 T4 is 13-15 I believe.

I got T3 cause that’s where most of my ship levels are at. Plus it’s cheaper. It should be the 350 Iridium yes. 200 iridum containers are for ranks 3-6ish.

But remember, the blueprints are random. So don’t expect to get crystal plates or even energy converter the first time.

not that good after the nerf, no more 143 buff… u get only 64 max…

1 hour ago, I0lOl0I said:

not that good after the nerf, no more 143 buff… u get only 64 max…

Which is still better than galvanized and any form of resistance tanking whatsoever.

39 minutes ago, Mecronmancer said:

Which is still better than galvanized and any form of resistance tanking whatsoever.

Thar’ga r9 implant + crystal armor + 88 base resist + 40 r13 resist + command resist + Milf + 5-10 locks = ?

39 minutes ago, Milfeulle said:

Thar’ga r9 implant + crystal armor + 88 base resist + 40 r13 resist + command resist + Milf + 5-10 locks = ?

Thar’ga r9 implant + crystal armor + 88 base resist + 40 r13 resist + command resist + Milf + 5-10 locks = Someone with a very large ego that needs to be squashed

If it wasn’t you it would be someone else so lets remove the ego and realize that you are just another person that just so happens to have enough money to put into this game to get that ship and the other stuff…

Salt you ask? yep!

I really enjoy playing a game that someone spawn camps and have basically zero chance at winning when faced against that specific set ship… *sarcasm*

Skill? sure, there is skill but I don’t get clobbered when said people use other ships including the so called, “OP”, Vigilant.

Spoiler

more salt:

seems like you are trying harder these days to win everyone over *try hard* lol

Don’t hate the player, hate the game xD

Money have nothing to do with it. 

They did enough events to let you get it for free. 

If you did all the alien tech missions without spending much on useless stuff ; did all the NY missions ; and you are doing the current xenocrystal missions 

Then you’d have a r15 for free by today. 

43 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

you are just another person that just so happens to have enough money to put into this game to get that ship and the other stuff…

Salt you ask? yep!

Skill? sure, there is skill but I don’t get clobbered when said people use other ships including the so called, “OP”, Vigilant

Actually, xKostyan didn’t pay anything and saved xenocrystal for a very long time and unlocked the r13-r15 early…  Milf did bought some GS due to resource shortage. I think tactic weight more than skill as not many player expect a ship just rush past their comfort zone and start popping, then run away when attacked. On topic tho, crystal armor does do an excellent job at stacking up resistance, but make sure you have the right combination of modules to get out while low on hull.