CRITICAL GAME BUG: Game error erased an entire folder, under Documents - My Games

Bug report:

I cannot provide any logs, since this error completely erased my contents (among other games) in My Games folder.

When I started the Gaijin Launcher, I had to watch an intro movie.

I was planning to provide logs of my bug, but it seems that this bug is a CRITICAL ISSUE, since it ERASED my entire My Games folder.

It did for me. I am 100% sure that I did not delete them by myself. I also checked my actions with windows viewer and recoverable files.

I did not delete those files. They were there, before I started to play this game today.

I also know, that I already started with 1.2.0a update!

I will describe what happened.

I entered a match today in T5 PvE - Cruiser Battle.

I failed it and the last surviving member (do not recall his name, could be VENOM) failed to stop the Cruiser.

Problem started immediately after statistics screen. You also get Launch button now and Close. I selected close option.

Also, I could saw vouchers on that screen instead of the one in the hangar.

After I am returned back to hangar, I get still in battle listed on all of my ship’s slots.

I also get the Booster notification, to extend them again.

I then clicked on my profile icon.

I have received a following error:

I can only provide 2 screenshots, since the game erased/deleted my entire My Games folder with the rest of content!

Screenshot 1:

2rcwwf4.png

Screenshot 2:

euhtg3.png

You can check the time: It shows 12:58 on a screenshot. Take into consideration time differences (UTC+2).

After that, I also got Booster Expiration notice.

I am unable to replicate this issue by any means.

If it repeats, I will inform you immediately.

As I understood, the game erased log files? Can you make screenshot of …\My Games\logs\ folder?

As I understood, the game erased log files? Can you make screenshot of …\My Games\logs\ folder?

Well, that would be of no effect now. When I started the game a new, a new Star Conflict folder was created.

I only needed to change my graphical settings, HUD settings and all the rest, which was not saved.

Controls were saved in cloud, so they were fine.

It may or may not be connected to an issue, which is shown on screenshot 2!

I cannot do what you ask me to, since it is irrelevant now.

However, if this issue will repeat, I will post a new message here immediately.

So far, I got no further problems with this, so I think it is fine now and can be ignored, unless if it happens again.

Please make screenshots with old and new SC folder. Also give me new and old log files.

Can you make video with this sue?

Please make screenshots with old and new SC folder. Also give me new and old log files.

Can you make video with this sue?

I cannot give you logs or screenshots of the old files. I told you. They just disappeared.

It isn’t a big problem, since everything else was fine.

I just had to set all of my settings again.

Now it is fine.

If it happens again, I will let you know.

Update:

You know that I was referring to My Games folder only, including with StarConflict folder?

Game itself was not deleted.

Just the files in those folders, which were recreated later, by running Star Conflict again.

Guess that’s the revenge of the game for you critizising the new MM so much :smiley:

But joking aside, as the files are under “my documents” you can boot windows into an older restore point, copy the files to another destination and then boot up your normal windows again. For windows 7 use this:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/microsoft/windows-7/fix-windows-7-with-a-system-restore-point/

For windows 8 (and I asume 10) follow this:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/restore-from-a-restore-point-in-windows-8.html

Or if you followed instructions during installation of Win8, you might already have a backup enabled so you can conveniently just copy the old files back, the location is somewhere in System->Restore or something like that (I have the german version where it’s called Wiederherstellung).

@Skula1975

You can close this thread now.

If this issue ever happens again, I will create another one!