Critical Damage to Damage per Second Calculator (Simple)

A simple one to let you see how much “true” dps you are doing with all your crits (or lack of ;p).

This dps is while you are firing constantly and does not take into account cooldowns.

You simply put in your weapon stats from mouse hover.

I may make another one with all options regarding the weapon but that will be a wide sheet ;p

Doc here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dTdKrXcIpvw6iMdVqFVb2E4TKCPwvgxpDE-Rm5UvSuE/edit?usp=sharing

Blog: https://rennieash.wordpress.com/2015/06/06/star-conflict-critical-to-damage-calculator/

Sample Pic:  sccalc.png

Don’t use Base dps as a foundation for calculations, use dmg per shot with shots per minute (or seconds), because ions and hwy blaster have different formula for showing up DPS number in your stat sheet since it is floating value depending on different conditions.

Here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vj1crltujP-8n9DkGtUMOeJaQQ_OWmoQXpgldlRipJc/edit#gid=1552545167

posted this around years ago.

Alright, so here’s the big question.

Each weapon has a base damage value listed in the warehouse or on the blueprint. This number jumps when the weapon is installed on a ship. So why the stat change? I understand some ships have natural bonuses to damage, crit chance, etc. But on ships that do not display these bonuses, the number still jumps. So what gives? Where does this increase in damage come from?

Say for instance, that I wanted to try to predict my average DPS for a build on a Secret Project ship. How do I figure out how much the guns base damage is going to be boosted by installing it on said ship? Thus far, it seems like slapping a gun on a ship produces a random jump in figures with no predictable pattern.

At present, the best I can come up with as far as planning is trying to hit the magical 50% crit chance as close as possible with a Mark 4 gun and just hope for the best. But that is even sketchy at best, since there is no telling if future project ships will have a natural bonus to crit chance, damage, or whatever. And there seems to be no way to predict how much the base damage will be boosted by installing the gun on said ship without building it first?

EDIT: I suppose this stat change could also be due to Implant bonuses being applied to the weapon, though sometimes the jump in stats seems to be far greater than the implant could manage alone.

It probably lists it for one gun, and you have 4 or 6.

Also I changed the formula for damage hit/fire rate but Ion Emitter is listing less dps…

At present, the best I can come up with as far as planning is trying to hit the magical 50% crit chance as close as possible with a Mark 4 gun

Why do you want 50%? The ideal crit chance change dynamicly with the %bonus damage on crit. And I thought the max chance was 75%…

It probably lists it for one gun, and you have 4 or 6.

Yup, that’s it. And implants (+8% fire rate, +7% base damage…). btw, you forget the 2 for ceptors. That’s why the value chance.

I didn’t do the math to check your formulas, but it’s easy to do anyway. It’s much more interesting to have a formula that say when it’s more interesting to take 10% crit or 20% bonus crit damage, or 10% speed vs 10% damage (with all different modificators in it).

@Kostyan : you don’t care for the “real estimation” of dps. You just want to be able to compare beetween implant / module. So base dps is valid enough to base calculation on it.

The calcs do allow for testing 10% crit chance vs 20% crit bonus, just add it to the module-less stats if you are trying to figure out whether to buy or not.

Also, max crit chance is 100%. Got 98% on a cov ops once just to see how far it goes XD

It might have been changed then… Or I’m wrong wince the beginning :stuck_out_tongue:

It might have been changed then… Or I’m wrong wince the beginning :stuck_out_tongue:

There was a rumor around loong time ago that crit chance is capped at 75% internally (i even remember that it was a Luckyo spreading this information), but this has never been proven to be true or it has been changed just as long time ago.

Also I changed the formula for damage hit/fire rate but Ion Emitter is listing less dps…

Yes, because in game DPS stat for Ion is some what an average between no resistance ignore mode to fully resistance ignore, that is why i recommend using dmg per shot/amount fo shots and then assume the increase depending on conditions. Same thing for Hwy Blaster since it has that fire rate wind up that affects dps output.

My calcs is weapon on dps. Most times you aren’t firing for so long. In any case now I know why my ions seen weakened despite the stated dps, because the non ignore hits are weaker :stuck_out_tongue:

Why do you want 50%? The ideal crit chance change dynamicly with the %bonus damage on crit.

Unless you know something I don’t, the general rule of thumb has always been “boost chance until 50%, then boost damage.”

Now again, I don’t know if that varies from gun to gun. All I know is that is the formula I follow for a critical build.

And thanks, btw. I should have realized the number of turrets on the ship was the missing factor. Duh.

Well now you can see the effects of ttc on different critical chances :stuck_out_tongue:

From what i understand, you can’t really calculate “DPS with crits” since its random. The probability is increased for each shot but 50% doesn’t guarantee 5/10 hits to be critical

So you can get 5 crits in a row with low crit chance, and no crits in 5 consecutive shots with high crit chance

Therefore any calculated DPS is just an approximate and in some cases way off

Unless I’m wrong

random_number.png

And yet, CovOps consistently do more dmg than ECMs with main guns even without orion, statistical approximation is not that far from truth in a long run.

I know I wrote somewhere else about how crits are a trade of from steady dps but getting 3 big crits in a row is nice :slight_smile:

statistical approximation is not that far from truth in a long run.

I didn’t say it is. But we’re talking damage per second here, not a long run. Sure, over a long time period the variation normalizes (although never goes away completely)

I was looking for this too damn long… Very good tool Rennie :slight_smile:

Yeah I just wanted to get a rough idea of how much damage I was doing. You can calculate even with perfect formula bit then your error because you missed the target will still be there >:)

Cool calculator Rennie.

I didn’t know that a mass driver mauler deal more damage than your magic Archdragon… 

In your opinion, is better using Pulse Dischargers or Iridium Heatsinks?

I use iridium because I use shared cooler and do a lot of strafing. If you sit around or use charged weapons etc then you can use pulse discharger or a combo. Just make sure you aren’t hampered by the energy regeneration loses

Cool calculator Rennie.

I didn’t know that a mass driver mauler deal more damage than your magic Archdragon… 

In your opinion, is better using Pulse Dischargers or Iridium Heatsinks?

Mainly, depends. The heatsinks increase the damage of the lasers more than pulse dischargers but I use only two hetsinks on my mauler, because you can already achieve 300 (max) RpM with two heatsinks. another heatsink would be useless, so I use one pulse discharger above that all…