Crash when typing unusual characters

Character name: - 3cxO

Small description: - When pressing certain combination of keys the client prints out an error. Using a QWERTY layout 104 key keyboard. To replicate this you need to enter game chat (enter key) then type ´q or é or í or á. Pressing Ok, crashes the game. Pressing Continue allows you to tab into the game but the Queue sometimes bugs due to this.

What was your last action you did when the game crashed: - Typing the characters in the description.

Are there any Error messages, if yes please upload a screenshot of the message: - http://prntscr.com/a79tb

Is the bug reproduceable, if yes please describe how to reproduce the bug: - Every time you press enter then type ´q on a 104 key QWERTY keyboard.

At last please attach these files, which are located in you Star Conflict installation folder: 1)DeviceCaps.log 2)game.log 3)game.net.log 4)user_config.cfg

Could not find the files listed in this point. They are not present in the star conflict beta $cwd.

I attached the dxdiag with the relevant input information regarding the keyboard layout.

I believe this layout is used for most latin derived languages (french/portuguese/italian/spanish/etc).

Upon request I can add any information needed.

[DxDiag.txt](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2774)

Thanks for your good report. I will forward this to the devs.

pressing ABNT2(aka brazilian) keyboard’s tilde key also results in a crash.

apparently, given its text-display only nature, it’s probably related to the game’s text font not having these characters(or having them in another resolution, dunno).

pressing ABNT2(aka brazilian) keyboard’s tilde key also results in a crash.

apparently, given its text-display only nature, it’s probably related to the game’s text font not having these characters(or having them in another resolution, dunno).

We will find out soon what is causing these crashes.