Covert Ops

Smaller ship with better agility, speed, BETTER ARMED (yeah sure 2 guns are better than 4 or even 6) than most of my ships. When I fly one of them at low tier it feels better sealclubber than Tiger at Kursk event (war thunder). HOW I CAN COUNTER THESE FREAKING OP THINGS IN MY KATANA FIGHTER?!

You have to understand that this game is a rock>paper>scissors. Not every ship can kill every other ship. A katana is a command ship, its role is to help the team. If you want to kill ceptors with it, equip gauss or rails with high projectile speed. Other ships effective against interceptors are close-range singularity cannons. Or, if you want to obliterate them, use a tackler with Inhibitor beam and Engine suppressor.

But there are still lots of counters… Other interceptors, guards… 

First I have to get Katana S. Then I can think about getting all goodies. 

You have to understand that this game is a rock>paper>scissors. Not every ship can kill every other ship. A katana is a command ship, its role is to help the team. If you want to kill ceptors with it, equip gauss or rails with high projectile speed. Other ships effective against interceptors are close-range singularity cannons. Or, if you want to obliterate them, use a tackler with Inhibitor beam and Engine suppressor.

But there are still lots of counters… Other interceptors, guards… 

Yeah guards… Then fight with inty Supercharger which deals more dmg than gurad’s coil mortal. Or just wait for “plasma arc” to rekt you in matter of seconds. 

Stay with the team, even when the team is in wrong position. Fire from distance and avoid 1vs1 with 'ceptors (equip weapons with proper range, I don’t fly lower tiers so I dunno how much should be a good range: maybe 3500?), when one of them approach you: use the command special module and the speed buff for gtfo and retreat in the middle of your team.

Stay with the team, even when the team is in wrong position. Fire from distance and avoid 1vs1 with 'ceptors (equip weapons with proper range, I don’t fly lower tiers so I dunno how much should be a good range: maybe 3500?), when one of them approach you: use the command special module and the speed buff for gtfo and retreat in the middle of your team.

So this is COUNTER to them… I thought there werent any ULTIMATE SHIP 

So this is COUNTER to them… I thought there werent any ULTIMATE SHIP 

You have no Idea how a “long range support ship” like a proper tackler or a well fitted command can be a pain in the *** for 'ceptors.

Not to mention a good gunship what can do to them.

What I’ve described is the basic tactic for support role. It’s the easiest way to fly a command, there are other viable tactics (according to ships roles and tiers) but in this case: it should be enough.

And apart that, you are mixing classes and roles by declaring that all “small ships” have no counter. There is a whole universe inside that “small ships thing”, each of them have a counter. It’s like saying that all those “big ships” are op if you fly recons.

which Katana

Katana: best used as bubble command when full syn. so mobile command with good rot. play it more as secondary attack command, who helps gunships and attack teams. would probably go for rails if you want precision, or gauss if you want to play it safe, as i think you cant do it adaptive anymore.

Katana AE: best against ceptors; in the old T3 meta (R7-R9) this was one of the R8 ships that exceeded all R9 variants: the sight range allows you to build a true team based tackling platform with long range freeze ray that shoots as far as you can see. Range is your game. Was one of my fav ships of the game and was long time standard slot 4.

Katana S: many builds exist actually, as the Kat-S is both good as a diffusion tank, but also as a Thermal-EM-Ion Boat, or even, if fitted exoticly, can do a bubble/curved ion speed adaptive version (i call it the tesla build). It can’t top the empi ones on tank but if you are a good shield tank, probably is one of the best commands you could sit in, even if the strong might be better for a more stationary gameplay. Was one of my fav ships of the game and was long time standard slot 3.

Strong: mentioning the GS Katana here, because its the “team command” giving best bonuses, but lacking the teeth all the katanas above have. You basicly do not have a real katana, but with brute force, you also strong.

(My longest (1.5 yrs) standard T3 deck was Eagle-B or Sai / Valor / Kat-S or strong / Kat-AE or fed tack)

The Katana family is probably jerichos most shining moment in the fighter-game, so they are very nice ships especially since you can train them to be good against ceptors.

In the end, fighter vs. ceptor is always also a question of “where is the team”. A jerri fighter stuck behind enemy lines is basicly dead. Commands should be in the middle of the mass. You cant expect to win every duel, you lack the agility, and for a CO you lack the tank for an endurance fight. If you didn’t equip Ion warheads on a command, which you should, equip EM Missiles and keep them for ceptors.

First I have to get Katana S. Then I can think about getting all goodies. 

i dont get it u wanna get rid of interceptors? or u wanna use just a command while doing it? and also in a command u need to watch out for cov ops actually they are fast deadly and can do small timed yolo’s perfect to hunt isolated enemies but if u are a tackler (hyena) u will searching for them to eat them in breakfast…