Countermeasures against forbidden modifications (Discussion)

UMC warns about strict measures which will be applied to players using cheats in the game. Thanks to the care and support of honest mercenaries reporting suspicious cases, our algorithm for recognizing software allowed us to identify players who used banned modifications.

[Today, 6 accounts were blocked for using third-party modifications.](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/35915-countermeasures-against-forbidden-modifications/)

b3ef165617832fa67b2bba6e05b8.jpg

imolel and silkworm ?? i can’t believe it 0_o

Thank for that algorithm, players will think twice before doing Something like this

That was quick.

Cheating scums! And yes, I had a part to play in their “demise”, and I am proud of it!

If I was one of the developers, I would also permanently ban all of their secondary accounts as well!

NO MERCY!   ![:01010:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/01010.png “:01010:”)

I wonder what they gained with their modifications… other than an acc ban. Why do people even run a game if they don’t play or enjoy playing it?

The positive side is that they thought the game was worth risking a ban.

Anyway, their absence won’t make any impact on me… never heard of them.

Guys can you brief me what that is that the banned players use? And how does this function? What could it be? Better the stats of their ships, weapons?? What is the term for it to look it up?

31 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Cheating scums! And yes, I had a part to play in their “demise”, and I am proud of it! …

What was it that you recognized? So that maybe we can look out for some thing similar, too. So far I never thaught of such things like “third party mods” in SC - I maybe blind for such things because they do not come to my mind. What are these third party mods?

18 minutes ago, avarshina said:

What was it that you recognized? So that maybe we can look out for some thing similar, too. So far I never thaught of such things like “third party mods” in SC - I maybe blind for such things because they do not come to my mind. What are these third party mods?

bots I think

WELL DONE !!!

KICK THE SCUM ALL OUT , I’m trully encouraged by this move, in all honesty !

Well done and please keep up the efford, many thanks to ALL that participated in capturing these cheaters !

25 minutes ago, avarshina said:

There is no need for us to know what is it that they have recognized, its their job and ours is to report ANYTHING suspicious. Posting at the forum how and what will cause more harm than good. Not everyone reading the forum is legit/honest and there is no reason to explain the methods used.

6 minutes ago, evo888 said:

bots I think

Ah I found some thing:

Video game bot

Artificial intelligence in video games

… it sounds very complicated coastly and elaborate - who has the time for that?

A friend of mine sent me these screenshots:

ICbdudp.png

Vsr5wHq.png

Do you find anything suspicious?

1 minute ago, ComWittman said:

There is no need for us to know what is it that they have recognized, its their job and ours is to report ANYTHING suspicious. Posting at the forum how and what will cause more harm than good. Not everyone reading the forum is legit/honest and there is no reason to explain the methods used.

Yes I know - not in details but in general terms. It is so that I never recognize suspicious things I just think - man is this player good ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

![:blink:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/blink.gif “:blink:”) ![:00888:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/00888.png “:00888:”) ![:009:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/009.png “:009:”) ![:008:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/008.gif “:008:”)

5 minutes ago, Koromac said:

ICbdudp.png

Vsr5wHq.png

Wuuuut??

Is the player DeleteD [ESB] banned, also?

3 minutes ago, avarshina said:

![:blink:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/blink.gif “:blink:”) ![:00888:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/00888.png “:00888:”) ![:009:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/009.png “:009:”) ![:008:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/008.gif “:008:”)

Wuuuut??

I want to get logs now.

15 minutes ago, Koromac said:

ICbdudp.png

Vsr5wHq.png

Nope, just for you I (uppercase i) and l (lowercase L) look the same in a lot of Fonts (as in Star Conflict).

The only thing I find interesting is that MAM isn’t banned anymore.

11 minutes ago, Koromac said:

ICbdudp.png

Vsr5wHq.png

what in the hell? that has to be a joke, maybe one is DeleteD and the other is DeIeteD with a capital I?

Just now, evo888 said:

what in the hell? that has to be a joke, maybe one is DeleteD and the other is DeIeteD with a capital I?

Yup.

this will be the cherry on the cake if player like DeleteD and xlMaXlx are actual cheater…

1 minute ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

this will be the cherry on the cake if player like DeleteD and xlMaXlx are actual cheater…

Well, they could be. But there is always a death sentence after a ban. 6 coffins await already.