Contract mission: Kill X Cybers/Pirates to get chosen type of ore

First, I love 1.2.1 and I love current pvp (Great job guys). But I realize I miss the mission of hunting agents in open space. Raiding ‘Sanctuary’ was awesome - You dash through pack of cybers damaging your target, pick hidden valuable minerals while active modules refresh and go back to dock when your ship is filled with what you’ve been looking for. 

So I was thinking: If players go to certain maps to hunt specific type of minerals why lets add an auto-repeatable contract mission where you choose the type of ore and you have to kill X cybers/pirates in the most dangerous locations to get one.This way you get to use your weapons and not just hiding abilities while hunting for ore.

Also I guess we all like to kill cybers and pirates (and aliens) but picking dropped cargo in open area is just too dangerous (long time to decelerate and stay still) so lets attract mercenaries with valuables :wink:

+1000

This would be amazing. And the amount of enemies to kill could scale with the amount and value of the material.

The system could easily be implemented like this:

Material: [select type]

Amount: [imput number up to 20]

Mission: assigned once you hit enter with amount of enemies. Type of enemies varies by station you are docked at.

Maybe you could also select things like Iridium and ship parts. But ship parts would have to be like 200 kills per.

Hello.

First, I love 1.2.1 and I love current pvp (Great job guys). But I realize I miss the mission of hunting agents in open space. 

Thank you for this. We will implement a lot of new events pretty soon.

So I was thinking: If players go to certain maps to hunt specific type of minerals why lets  add an auto-repeatable contract mission where you choose the type of ore and you have to kill X cybers/pirates in the most dangerous locations to get one.This way you get to use your weapons and not just hiding abilities while hunting for ore.

About your suggestion, it will significantly change the current game’s economy, but maybe we’ll consider it in a slightly different way. Thanks again.