Contest 'Ultimate Destroyer' (Discussion)

I can’t upload the image of my destroyer.

My Media won’t take it, and the Image URL crashes the site.

Any help?

I can’t upload the image of my destroyer.

My Media won’t take it, and the Image URL crashes the site.

Any help?

Try using Imgur

This entire contest is unbalanced. Take unbalanced ship class, add unbalanced concepts from general public, choose most outlandish one because lol - easy!

I would make a submission called the “Nothing” and watch it drown in a sea of player comments saying its the most balanced thing ever made but one random dev says “nah destros are ok” and then they go with thedarkredfoxes idea whatever that happens to be.

This entire contest is unbalanced. Take unbalanced ship class, add unbalanced concepts from general public, choose most outlandish one because lol - easy!

I would make a submission called the “Nothing” and watch it drown in a sea of player comments saying its the most balanced thing ever made but one random dev says “nah destros are ok” and then they go with thedarkredfoxes idea whatever that happens to be.

No offense, but your comment is stupid. Balance its all about numbers: “destroys all enemy ships of the current game after 1 day”, “reduces resistances, dmg, speed, turning speed, strafe speed, energy regeneration and modules effectivenes by 0,01 pts”, “damages the locked ship no matter the distance or if its behind an obstacle by 1 pt per second”, (or on the opposite) “launches a guided torp dealing 1kk dmg on impact, 270m explotion radious”, “adds 5k resist points to the selected dmg type (phase shield)”, “after the bubble dissapears, your ship maintains invincibility for 1 hour (metastable)”, etc etc…

Just finished my Destroyer proposal! Codename: Colossus.

This is my first time writing in role-play, so I’m new to this. But it’s was fun to write!

Feel free to discuss further balance issues I have.

So I just re-read the competition and apparently it will be decided by the players themselves instead of the devs. I guess that grants me an instant loss. Everyone here hates my ideas. XD

I posted my official contest entry on the other page for a destroyer, but I have something else I would like to see: a carrier class ship… 

not some support-role ship like the engineer, but a ship that uses several different types of attack drones. destroyer sized, it would have bays and be able to loadout drone types in each bay

instead of a weapon like other ships have, it has target painters… ships hit by the target painter become targets for the drones the target painter only lasts 10 seconds…

drones would vary, from repair drones that heal shield and hull, to combat drones with varying abilities, dammage types, and numbers… for example: squadron drones attack in a formation of 6 drones. each drone has a lighter hull than normal attack drones, but squadrons deal em damage and are more… swarmy… the Kamikaze drone flies at a painted target and if it gets within 500m, explodes and leaves a radioactive cloud. wingman drones fly in a V formation. the main drone is like a normal attack drone, but it gets 2 wingmen… drones that repair the attack drone and fire for 1/2 the thermal damage when the attack drone is fully healed. other drones include the corrosion drone, this drone attaches itself to a target’s hull, doing damage which bypasses an enemy’s shield doing a mix of all 3 damage types directly to the attached hull, as a damage over time. it also debuffs the target, making it painted unless they shake the attached drone off (smash it on a rock or other ship) this drone dies when the target dies… and then the scout drones… special drones that can be sent from the carrier, it travels 5000m and then stops, and activates, it paints targets for the carrier.

lastly, you can activate a drone bay, and control a drone manually… some drones have special abilities while active, such as the kamikaze drone, which a pilot can sacrifice while actively controlling it to instead deploy a minefield. this minefield does not recognize friend or foe, and thus cannot be system hacked. mines persist for 180 seconds. While Manually controlling a wingman, the wingman drones support the main ship, and fire along the same projectory as the controlled drone. Corrosion drones can be manually guided to a target, and can manually lock on and attach to a target once it’s within a 200m range… Actively controlling a drone is similar to controlling a guided torpedo.

the carrier only has 6 drone bays, so it can pick any combination of 6 drone types… each drone bay has a cooldown of 120s… so a carrier has to choose whether to use a drone that hits hard, or drones that can sustain damage over longer periods of time. a player has to decide how best to use their drones to maximum effect.

Just finished my Destroyer proposal! Codename: Colossus.

This is my first time writing in role-play, so I’m new to this. But it’s was fun to write!

Feel free to discuss further balance issues I have.

With 12 flak cannons, forty-five lazer toorets, 10 missile batteries, and 12 beam cannons, the Colossus has more fire power than 5 Orion class destroyers combined. 6 Lucifer super destroyers can fit within its massive hull. Spanning 6 kilometres from bow to stern, the Colossus has taken over twenty years to complete

With 12 flak cannons, forty-five lazer toorets, 10 missile batteries, and 12 beam cannons, the Colossus has more fire power than 5 Orion class destroyers combined. 6 Lucifer super destroyers can fit within its massive hull. Spanning 6 kilometres from bow to stern, the Colossus has taken over twenty years to complete

lol

The Potatonator is gonna win. I give up.

I see too many ECM like modules. Would be ultimate for sure.

I see too many ECM like modules. Would be ultimate for sure.

Mine is a completely ECM Destroyer, but I’ve made it a risk/reward option. The range of almost all the modules won’t ever reach 4km, so you have to get pretty close to your enemies, and your low tank makes it hard. 

Guys wait a second… We have to post balanced ships, right? Ships that could be in the game? Because I tried to be as accurate as possible in my concept, and I don’t know if that is actually what the devs wanted from us. 

No, balance is just an advice, if you prefer to make a concept of an ideal Destroyer.

No, balance is just an advice, if you prefer to make a concept of an ideal Destroyer.

Ok, then Millanbel’s potatonator or whatever is the uncontested winner. 

Who knows :fed001:

Well it’s a vote, so you never know! Be convincing and you might win! Not everyone is as crazy as I am…

Well it’s a vote, so you never know! Be convincing and you might win! Not everyone is as crazy as I am…

I tried to make mine as balanced as possible, with strengths and weaknesses, but usually people don’t care about that stuff, all they like is crazy op things which look interesting on paper but that aren’t actually doable in-game. (This isn’t in any way an insult to you, I actually laughed a lot while reading your idea, same as ArcTic’s)

I tired as well, but the whole “ideal destroyer” thing really pushed decent balance out the window. Though still, my current idea could still fit in the game with some decent tweaking.

I tired as well, but the whole “ideal destroyer” thing really pushed decent balance out the window. Though still, my current idea could still fit in the game with some decent tweaking.

Probably you misunderstood my post, I didn’t want to point at someone in particular, I was talking in general. I’m not accusing anyone of having done a bad job at balancing their ideas or anything like that. Actually, I’m blaming myself because I thought too much on the balance an too less on the actual coolness of the ship.  

Have mine added now too, Aries.

Thought pretty much bout only balance while having some cool new weapons and modules.

As well as getting some of the static and campy playstyle of dess players changed both as the pilot and the enemy team.

The Potatonator needs to go into mass production to solo spec ops :00555: