Contest 'Best Autumn Screenshot' (Discussion)

9ea2477cef22af62a05ef312bdd0.jpg

We all spend our days in battles in the vast expanse of space and the universe of Star Conflict, fighting biomorphs and Aliens, proving our rights to the sector and the deserved fame, exploring the most remote and dangerous places, hoping to find precious trophies.

But has anyone ever stopped for a moment to admire the world where we’re waging war? We’re offering you to move away from constant battles and show everyone how beautiful the world of Star Conflict is. We want you to [find a piece of Autumn in it](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/31410-contest-best-autumn-screenshot/)!

where can I see the results? I would like to see something exotic!

I completely agree with this contest. It is a good contest. Now if only classes weren’t eating my time and life via homework.

Akaurl, you should know something. Broken shadows and absence of Lens Flare graphical effect will make any photos much worse.

Of course, how much screenshots can I post here? One or more?

15 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Of course, how much screenshots can I post here? One or more?

Can you read?

does it has to be specifically related to autumn?

“Have a good mood, pilots!”

LoL

I just noticed this on the bottom of the contest description. Did they sense some bad mood in the air?  ![:unsure:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/unsure.gif “:unsure:”)

Just wondering, may i post a gif animation or need to be just a .jpg etc.?

Would this one count as a valid entry? ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

20160520185436_1.jpg.db10ecd6643780a2122a6b63a58546a0.jpg

22 hours ago, FilthHound said:

Would this one count as a valid entry? ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

it was one of the winners of our Steam Screenshot contest on FB ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) I guess not)

On 9/14/2016 at 4:43 PM, Akaurl said:

9ea2477cef22af62a05ef312bdd0.jpg

20160916151403_1.jpg.719f2b3eb7431dd0aa442608bcff147c.jpg

Hahaha, one player copy pasted the contest screenshot.

38 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Well, he did change the angle a bit ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

7 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

lol thats actually creative xDDD

The contest screenshot is actually MY screenshot from May, see http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693289036

It apparently even won me 250GS in a weekly steam screenshot contest I didn’t even know existed. So I reused the concept, this time with graphics on high, although still in a small laptop screen resolution. See my cheeky post above. I tried many different ships of my fleet but the Brokk just looks the coolest ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

1 minute ago, FilthHound said:

The contest screenshot is actually MY screenshot from May, see http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693289036

It apparently even won me 250GS in a weekly steam screenshot contest I didn’t even know existed. So I reused the concept, this time with graphics on high, although still in a small laptop screen resolution. See my cheeky post above. I tried many different ships of my fleet but the Brokk just looks the coolest ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

If you win, I call Pay2Win  ![:004_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004_2.png “:004_2:”)

screenshot-151117-211526.jpg

this is totally first [@Sinaka](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/247730-sinaka/)

also how can I compete in the steam competitions? I never get notifications for them, and I can’t find them anywhere on star conflict’s community page or facebook

19 hours ago, PapyMcBites said:

screenshot-151117-211526.jpg

this is totally first [@Sinaka](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/247730-sinaka/)

also how can I compete in the steam competitions? I never get notifications for them, and I can’t find them anywhere on star conflict’s community page or facebook

Just upload a screenshot with your ign in description on sc steam page (that will be upload there by default anyway) and you need a steam account ofc ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) result given every Monday afternoon on facebook

Apparently the winners are announced od Star Conflict’s Facebook page only. There are two winners of 250 GS every week. One winner is chosen by the developers, the other winner is the screenshot that has the most “thumbs up” on Steam Community. The results of the community choice is somewhat random I’d say. When you open the Steam Community page it will show a random (afaik) set of screenshots, if you made a good looking screenshot that somehow happens to be shown to a lot of people, you win. You can actually upload a set of good looking screenshots and the least pretty will win while the good ones will never be seen by anyone (See This FB post.). 

And recently someone upload a s*** load of screenshot to be sure to win (like 50 of them) i’m pretty sure some screenshot don’t even be seen because of this, so please only ONE screenshot for each player ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Not sure how that would work in that case, but I guess it wouldn’t be too fair towards others. But I still think it’s largely random. Also, if you have your Steam account linked with Star Conflict, you don’t need to have your nickname included in the description to win. They will just pick it anyway and later use it as their own contest picture ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)