Our intelligence beacons just received a distress signal containing distorted information with signatures of unidentified ships. Despite the fact that it was possible to detect the region of space where the data was transmitted from fast enough, capture of unknown ships caused some difficulty — apparently part of the autonomous combat systems were still operational — the pilot who sent the first brief message about this discovery hasn’t contacted us since.
Some researchers from our history department suggest that this squad, designation ‘Ancient Nomads’, could have been created before the First War! However, how it got into Precursor sectors remains a mystery.
Right now technological resources of the history department are fully focused on the search for the remaining records in the XXXVI century archives — the researchers think that they hold the Emperor’s real name, so the department does not intend to redirect their efforts to anything else. However, as this finding is valuable for Command (during the time of the travel across the expanses of space and Precursor sectors, flight recorders must have collected a huge amount of strategic information), we offer mercenaries to participate in finding signatures of the ships in the archive!
Fleet Command does not want to put their pilots under threat, especially as history department has complete deactivation codes for onboard systems of almost all known types of ships. These codes will be transferred to the ‘Nomads’ using unmanned transmitters. However, it is necessary to know their models.
You will be given access to the archive that selects a ship model according to different variants of the name! For more information look at the briefing below.
- 1st place - 5 000 Galactic Standards + 100 000 Free Synergy
- 2nd place - 3 000 Galactic Standards + 70 000 Free Synergy
- 3rd place - 2 000 Galactic Standards + 40 000 Free Synergy
To participate in the contest:
- Pick up a ship that is most similar to the signature of the ancient model in the archive. Archive has no clear structure, refresh the page or enter the name of the ship in the field ‘your name here’ and use the button ‘Build it’.
- Take a screenshot of the ship model.
- Apply colour to it and decals using any graphical editor.
- Create a story of this ship.
- Send the data to email@example.com, using the subject line Contest ‘Ancient Nomads’. Do not forget to add the name of the ship, as well as its story and picture.
Each participant must submit only one work. Entries are accepted from 18 to 25 February. When we finish collecting entries, winners will be selected on the basis of a secret ballot and be announced on February 28.
You can discuss this contest [here](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/22561-contest-%E2%80%98ancient-nomads%E2%80%99-discussion/).
Star Conflict Team