Containers in the Store - RANDOMWARE RANT + my 5 cents

So, we got items in the Store that require 100, 150, 200 or 300 Iridium. No problem.

Prices are very high, though. Daily, we can get around 60-100 Iridium on average, mostly from purple loot spots.

What else? Well, that’s pretty much it. You can’t obtain any Iridium in Open Space, there is no assignments, where you can actually farm Iridium for yourself.

Items no longer give Iridium, once you salvage them.

What’s the problem then? The real problem is, that if you only want one specific item from the same container, like a dozenth time, you most likely still won’t get it.

But there is a Trading system or the Store for that, but you also need GS.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Prices there are mostly too high, most text is written in other languages that you don’t understand and the wall of text is faster than a blaze runner. You get lost in this mess pretty easily.

We got an infection. It’s called RANDOMWARE.

People buy, then they realize that they don’t get what they need, then they quit, because their only option is to either spend some money or GS.

Problem is that RANDOMWARE in Star Conflict became too excessive! Destroyer blueprints should not be touched like they were.

There is a different story for Mark 5 weapons or modules or equipment upgrades, that we don’t even have, …yet.

It would be much more reasonable to do this with such items than with ordinary ones.

What would you do to make trading more reasonable?

Special destroyer packs that maybe require loyalty as an alternative source instead of Iridium or GS?

I got lucky, that I somehow predicted this mess and thus, I created many copies of all destroyer modules that I now use unhindered.

But what about those, who just got a destroyer and got no such things done? Many are unhappy and angry about it.

Yes, Trading system must be changed to the Auction system to be most effective and fair and organized. I think that they took too much initiative with this Trading system.

What do you think?

P.S.:

Rant is welcome!

RANT’O’WARE

I agree that the game should get a normal market.

If only the premium license was everything you needed to get all or most of the special stuff that they just try to milk your wallet for at the moment. And the GS would be for the special stuff like cosmetic items, premium ships and other stuff that does not affect the gameplay as much. If they were able to keep a substantial playerbase they could keep the game development running on just that. But since the steering wheel is apparently in the hands of a three times lobotomized, blindfolded monkey on drugs, Star Conflict is heading towards a cliff at full speed. And as the ship moves in a sharp serpentine towards that cliff, players are falling out. Perhaps the person responsible for managing the financial side of the game should be replaced with someone who could care about the game at least a tiny little bit.

2 hours ago, FilthHound said:

I agree that the game should get a normal market.

If only the premium license was everything you needed to get all or most of the special stuff that they just try to milk your wallet for at the moment. And the GS would be for the special stuff like cosmetic items, premium ships and other stuff that does not affect the gameplay as much. If they were able to keep a substantial playerbase they could keep the game development running on just that. But since the steering wheel is apparently in the hands of a three times lobotomized, blindfolded monkey on drugs, Star Conflict is heading towards a cliff at full speed. And as the ship moves in a sharp serpentine towards that cliff, players are falling out. Perhaps the person responsible for managing the financial side of the game should be replaced with someone who could care about the game at least a tiny little bit.

One does not simply “get” a normal market, when human greed dictates what does/doesn’t get changed in the game.  All they see are $$$ signs, they lack common sense.  They will soon realize, that their current path will only reduce how much $ they make overall in both the long, AND short run.

I am one of the unhappy destroyer owners…

Free2play tends to be grindy. Star Conflict is pretty grindy. Fine, I can deal with that- at least I am having some fun, and am OK spending some cash to alleviate it. 

Randomware multiplies  the negative parts of grindy without giving enough pleasure feedback. Without sufficient pleasure, the game audience reduces to  addicts who aren’t really enjoying the experience anymore, but can’t stop. The supplier continues to get $$$ from these addicts.

I admit, it is hard to hit a good balance of fun vs grind. It takes amazing skills (looking at you, Blizzard…). But, it is worth researching into, if you want a long lasting and profitable game…

But if you’re just trying to milk your audience dry, ignore my rant…

Plus, the market:

Is flooded with useless common items that nobody wants

Has some valuable resources of the newest release items (new alien parts, etc)

Has NO useful and super-necessary parts (ie. “very rare” destroyer module parts)- because nobody can find any!