Configuring PC 4gb, core i5 ghz 1.70, have gaming?

Configuring PC 4gb, core i5 ghz 1.70, have gaming?

I spent a lot of time looking for the best computer and downloaded the game, I always found my computer really lag, and I downloaded more ram meme this is (cloud memory)

I feel my computer is smoother with 4bg, so it’s great and I can play more games to play more!

Attach dxdiag and I can tell you exactly what’s wrong.

(though 1.7ghz is… Uh… Probably not enough speed. I’ve actually not heard of a CPU that has a clock that low. My oldest chips have at least 3.2)

6 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Attach dxdiag and I can tell you exactly what’s wrong.

(though 1.7ghz is… Uh… Probably not enough speed. I’ve actually not heard of a CPU that has a clock that low. My oldest chips have at least 3.2)

Intel Core i5-3317U for example. And a  lots of others.

Why that PC is lagging - 4GB nowadays is nothing. The only CPUs that run at such clock speeds are mobile/ultra low power ones - with abysmal performance. 

Key points in priority order:

1. GPU
  2. RAM
  3. 1 and 2 will determine CPU
  4. CPU range will determine motherboards
  5. SSD (mandatory these days - if you don’t have much budget - go for 500 or even 250GB one

So depending on games:

GPU - 1070 is the sweet spot at this moment, however it’s resellable value is very small

RAM - 8GB is absolutely minimum. If on really  tight budget I would consider DDR3 etc etc. 

I could toss together a better PC from junk parts around my house lol.

So yeah no that’s not enough to play games much.

I’d suggest at LEAST 8-16gb of ram, a recent i7 quad core cpu, and some sort of dedicated gpu. Doesn’t really matter what as long as it takes the strain off of your cpu.

If you’re looking for affordable power, start with an am3+ mobo and build off of it. Just don’t get a compact board lol. I got a stubby ASRock board by accident and I think its ram was limited to like 8gb DDR3 OR 8gb DDR2. XD

(let it be known that if you do get an am3+ mobo it won’t work with Intel cpus. Thought I might add that because not everyone likes reading the fine print on these things)