[Community Tool] Public Killboard?

Yaaas

Nah. No one does OS anyways nor cares about it enough atm.

So each of your pilots have an app running in a background that detects kills in OS and then reports them to the server.

I might be to hesitant to run something of that sort on my machine, because you know paranoia :slight_smile:

Internally yes, we have a software that upload the combat.log when the file is closed. (mean that you disconnected / quit the game) but it’s only for internal use of FrogSwarm.

If I made a public killboard, you’ll need to upload the combat.log only using the web interface. If no ones are interested, it will stay an internal service for my corporation.

I might be to hesitant to run something of that sort on my machine, because you know paranoia :slight_smile:

I’m with you in this.

A “killboard” like this in the game’s leaderboard or pilot profile would look nice though. 

Internally yes, we have a software that upload the combat.log when the file is closed. (mean that you disconnected / quit the game) but it’s only for internal use of FrogSwarm.

If I made a public killboard, you’ll need to upload the combat.log only using the web interface. If no ones are interested, it will stay an internal service for my corporation.

Why do send the complete file after closed instead of just the information who killed who in open space in real time ?

Realtime mean open stream, mean resources. We wanted to minimize the resources needed of the small software for the client and the server side. Also, we wanted to keep it easy to maintain and let all the “analyzer” part in server sided, which allow us to modify the patterns in case of need without any patch deployment.

Realtime mean open stream, mean resources. We wanted to minimize the resources needed of the small software for the client and the server side.  Analyzing the log and sending only the kill Information wouldn’t need that much more ressources and it the server load would be less (at least I would expect it to be so)

Also, we wanted to keep it easy to maintain and let all the “analyzer” part in server sided, which allow us to modify the patterns in case of need without any patch deployment. True

i’m all yes for a kilboard, but the same concern as kostyan

this should be a suggestion to be put in the game itself better, you get my passing vote

if not much, at least the kb stats would give people more reasons to go in OS?

Hey,

I posted this  :  (A long time ago)

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/28384-star-conflict-kill-board-for-open-space/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/28384-star-conflict-kill-board-for-open-space/)

You actually pulled it off.  To make it go public would be awesome !!!  I would like to help if you need it.

(Personal message sent :slight_smile:

Vikings do care about Open Space. Not sure about this Killboard, but don’t see no harm there. I think the most interesting update would be have the Open Space matters for the Sector Conquest.

So in the end, it’s seems that a public killboard doesn’t seems to be interesting for the majority, then for now it will stay private to FrogSwarm until the dev is finished and I will provide a public version after in case of some want it or mind change. Let me know in the futur.

So in the end, it’s seems that a public killboard doesn’t seems to interest corporations, then for now it will stay private to FrogSwarm until the dev is finished and I will provide a public version after in case of some want it or mind change.

I don’t know of many corporation that have active invasion pvp as it can be found in EvE. Most of my invasion pvp is just random killing while doing daily mono missions (which I don’t do anymore), to make them kinda fun. And more often than not, I’m not proud of the kills to the point where I want to show off about them to everyone. It’s more just: “I can kill him so why not”.

Now if Invasion had a bounty system, as we have suggested hundreds of times… That would make your tool more relevant! For showing off kills on high-bounty targets!

Yeah of course, or when you are in war against others. It’s kinda really interesting to see the result of a roaming against our war target even if ‘war’ is only means by our own standing board: http://sb.frogswarm.fr/game/sf

heh you have a LOT of enemies :smiley:

Well for me, anything that is not blue is a target. Except corpmates. Well… most of the time :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, if neutral and with a corp tag we do not shoot them.

We are in a kind of crusade were we are trying to make people understand that they need to join a corp, because this is a multiplayer game. Then for it, we shoot only non corped pilots in the OS when they are neutral and if they ask why we killed them we explain they need to get friends by joining a corp whatever the corp is and we’ll not shoot at them anymore, because it’s not a playstation solo game. Unfortunately few of them understand it or don’t understand something else than Russian anyway.

Actually, if neutral and with a corp tag we do not shoot them.

We are in a kind of crusade were we are trying to make people understand that they need to join a corp, because this is a multiplayer game. Then for it, we shoot only non corped pilots in the OS when they are neutral and if they ask why we killed them we explain they need to get friends by joining a corp whatever the corp is and we’ll not shoot at them anymore, because it’s not a playstation solo game. Unfortunately few of them understand it or don’t understand something else than Russian anyway.

Hmm, that’s actually a good idea :slight_smile:

However with the current lack of PVP squads, your efforts are in vain :confused:

We have lots of stats from every game mode and this could be the one i care most.

So in the end, it’s seems that a public killboard doesn’t seems to be interesting for the majority, then for now it will stay private to FrogSwarm until the dev is finished and I will provide a public version after in case of some want it or mind change. Let me know in the futur.

My bad… I was pissed at the OS recent rewards nerfing. I think this Killboard is amazing. I missed the point entirely! May I suggest you do a poll with it’s details and so on? I’ll help you to spread the word between the corps and when you have a decent number there, the developers will also have a feel on what people really think. Cheers!