Combat Drones Not Following Locks Properly

They are supposed to stop attacking when no lock is acquired, but they still attack the last enemy locked.  I had a kill from my drones over 9K m away because I hadn’t locked onto anyone in a long time and they hunted down some interceptor without me doing anything.  How is that fair?  They are acting on their own; I would have preferred them next to me to take a lock from a nearby enemy.

Imo, this is a bug; they used to work, now they don’t.

I knew about this issue months ago.

It was forwarded, but apparently it’s still not fixed.

I am not surprised anymore.

It’s probably on bug ignore list.

Pressing a key to holster or deselect targets, do not always work as it should.

However, drones will auto return, if your target is out of your radar range or behind an obstacle.

Can we get some verification that this will be addressed in an upcoming patch?

Here is how it work, if there is no PROPER bug report, following a proper standard form - there is no bug , telling some one on skype or any other means of not official communication most likely will not do anything as well, because devs have a list to do, and every item on the list should be clearly presented to them, otherwise they will not start working, at best they will send it back to super testers to attempt to recreate a bug or make a proper bug report, but since it is not direct responsibility of s testers and they have plenty of stuff to do otherwise, stuff like this gets buried under records and reports and never gets to be worked on.

You want something to get fixed, make a proper bug report, that is how it works with any software company.

Here is how it work, if there is no PROPER bug report, following a proper standard form - there is no bug , telling some one on skype or any other means of not official communication most likely will not do anything as well, because devs have a list to do, and every item on the list should be clearly presented to them, otherwise they will not start working, at best they will send it back to super testers to attempt to recreate a bug or make a proper bug report, but since it is not direct responsibility of s testers and they have plenty of stuff to do otherwise, stuff like this gets buried under records and reports and never gets to be worked on.

You want something to get fixed, make a proper bug report, that is how it works with any software company.

Fair enough.

Designer said it is not a bug, he did not say why though :frowning:

Designer said it is not a bug, he did not say why though :frowning:

Please, try to find out more, if possible, xKostyan.

I wish to know, why my drones sometimes do not obey me.

Thank you.

Please, try to find out more, if possible, xKostyan.

Thank you.

+1 

It is fustrating when I have cancelled the lock of a retreating ship ( mostly recons warping away or cloaked tackler) and

the drones continue on.   

I know I should not be griping as there are times while I have engaged another target the drones have finished off the orginal.   

Also the drones will go off on thier OWN if the enemy is close and you have NOT targeted anyone.   

This is just my opinion but the manufactured attack drones do not act in a simular fashion as the attack drones that you have on the Engineer frigates.    

335px-You_Will_Obey!.jpg