Classified Documents rework/improvement needed

I have been looking at that distress signal issue for some time now. It can be quite deceptive to players, who are usually thinking, that they have to search for the ship right away.

Sometimes, after 20 minutes, you get “distress signal lost” message and sometimes ship appears with classified documents, which can only contain 15000 loyalty vouchers for random one sub-faction of the the same faction tree. This needs to get properly fixed at once. Also, there shouldn’t be any “signal lost” messages.

I am suggesting the following:

You don’t need to wait 20 minutes anymore to get a distress signal location. You can get it anytime, if you’re prepared to search for the ship.

Each ship’s debris should spawn in 10 minutes, after the “last package” got collected or destroyed.

Each pilot, who jumps at the sector, gets a message - “distress signal detected” and can start searching for it right away.

However, instead of a radar, there should be pings this time.

If you don’t locate the distress signal in 10 minutes, the ship will self-destruct, leaving you with  only a credit loot or maybe nothing at all.

When you get closer, the pings should get louder and faster, until they become almost constant, without any interruption.

When you are within 100 or 200 meters from the object, the ship’s cloak will disengage and the ship will become visible.

After ship becomes visible, the real work begins.

By clicking the scan button, you’re initiating data collection process.

This process requires use of the Spatial Scanner (T3-T5), or just assigned command for a “scan” key bind, default C, for those, who don’t have it.

There should be no penalties for using the spatial scanner of lower technological tier or regular scan at all.

If you disengage, or get attacked, the process stops, but it does not reset itself, so you can resume it later.

It does reset however, if you get killed, or if you leave the sector to come back in again.

Process needs 1 minute to complete, at least to get to 100% data collection. In the meantime, your sensor range is reduced by 50-75%, due to the “power requirements”.

We can also ignore that sensor reduction with no penalties whatsoever.

Now the fun part. I know how some people complain that they don’t need those loyalty vouchers, but they need some other faction’s loyalty vouchers.

I have a solution for this and it makes more sense as well.

If you get a classified documents, you will not get 15000 amount of loyalty vouchers anymore, but 25000 or 50000 vouchers for an entire faction.

Total then is 50000 or 100000 loyatly vouchers in this case. Of course, we can choose, where do we want to deliver them, since we are a freelancer/mercenary.

EMPIRE - Legion,Wardens FEDERATION - Armada, Vanguard, JERICHO - Techs, Raids

Classified documents should remain just that. Classified documents with a neutral signature for vouchers. Read below, why.

I say it again, this means, that it will count for an ENTIRE LOYALTY VOUCHERS FACTION TREE.

Now, since those data contain some really important information about “Biomorphs”, since you love them so much… we have a choice now:

If I want the loyalty vouchers for JERICHO ONLY, I will go to Jericho Sector and deliver it to Mendes - IX, fo example. Same goes for the other factions, like Station Eden,

or Sentinel - 17/Guardian - 17. When I dock at the station, my classified documents will be converted to Empire, for example, both Wardens and Legion for the same amount.

We will always get classified documents. Enemies can and will detect you. You still must deliver them to the Station of your choice.

In this case, we have a choice, and we can choose, what we want, to get, what we want.

To summarise:

Increase the reward of classified documents to at least 25000 minimum, if not 50000 loyalty vouchers as a desired amount for the WHOLE FACTION.

Make ping sound meter, or maybe even voice distortion/unlcear frequency. The closer you get, the more clear it is.

Scanning process and the timer (1:00) should be visible, when the decryption or collection process begins. You need to stay 100 - 200 meters to successfully scan or extract the data.

Neutral Classified Data become/get converted to Empire, Federation or Jericho, if you delivered them to that station.

Feel free to comment on this subject.

Sincerely, Koromac

Edit: Changed the font type and size of the font to 14, as requested by readers.

I won’t support anything that will need mandatory use of a gold only module.

Do you really feel that special that you use some “special” font? that more annoying to read, because it is made rather for a cosmetics than for efficient and clear information presentation.

Might as well use Comic sans

Do you really feel that special that you use some “special” font? that more annoying to read, because it is made rather for a cosmetics than for efficient and clear information presentation.

Might as well use Comic sans

I want comic sans on this post. It would be even better :smiley:

I won’t support anything that will need mandatory use of a gold only module.

I know, but I took into account craftable spatial scanner as well.

I added and edited an option, so it’s fixed now.

I want comic sans on this post. It would be even better :smiley:

Well, it might be just you. I love it.

q1PQxaF.jpg

umm…

What have you done?

You ruined my thread!

Seriously, we are discussing the important issue, so jokes aside!

oh, i removed my sig.

btw do you know you cant keep two classified doc in your ship ? which is not good.

Current I see there is no point of classified docs, why it introduced ? 

hope some day devs will rework it as spatial scanner

may not be the top line thing but he’s right, it could use some tweaks. maybe not that much, but at least make it worth the trip back to base.

I have only seen the “distress signal thing” once or twice, I flew around in that system looking for I don’t know what without success. So I gave it the finger and left the system and I’m not paying any attention to those signals anymore.

On the other note, the amount of immature/non constructive/stupid posts in this topic makes me sick, where are you forum moderators?

To OP, the font is a bit hard to read.

thanks for the input - forwarded to Devs

Thanks for the suggestion. We will think about it, but there will be no comments on the games economy.