Changes for the contract system

We have encountered a number of problems with the contract system:

1. Negative reactoins for limiting the number of contract, which can be completed at the same time. This had to be done for reasons of balance ( see 4. )

2. Some players did not like a couple of contracts. This is mainly for the contracts with " kill x with weapon …"

3. In practice, it turned out that adjusting the pumping speed is very difficult, especially with the support of a large number of unique contracts for each faction.

4. Completing even simple contracts depends on the player’s skill: new players and casual players could not perform the necessary volume of contracts for a comfortable pumping and on the contrary, strong players have contracts with increased speed, causing them to excessive pumping. Further development of contracts only would reinforce this bundle.

5. Many players stopped to aim for victory in the battle: They were only fixed on their contracts.

This post will inform players about our plans to improve the contract system:

We took counsel and came to the following conclusion: There is a need that contract system provides a decent advantage to the player.

We are planning that the contact system will provide:

1. 10-15% faster increase of reputation compared to players who do not fulfill contracts

2. An additional interest for those players who like to perform certain tasks.

3. Access to special awards, such as weapons, modules, Galactic standards and special items that open a new gaming experience.

4. The mechanism of regulation of global war and the relationship between the clans.

Contractual arrangements will be developed.

In the future it is planned to increase the number of available types of player contracts:

1. Simple contracts (as of now).

2. Long term contracts (this contracts can need a couple of days to be finished).

3. Complex contracts (to perform such a contract you must complete a few simple contracts in a special sequence).

4. Group contracts (When the group leader completes such a contract all team members will be rewarded).

5. Combined contracts (combination of complex, long-term and group contracts).

With the postponement of the substantive contributions from pumping speed on the result of the battle, starting with version 0.5.4 we change the accrual principle, which gets the player reputation for battle. Under the new rules the higher the shooting gallery for each of the ships( on which the player goes into battle), the more credibility it will receive from the battle. Thus, a player who flies on non factional ships (T x.1) will earn a decent amount of reputation for both subfactions and a player who flies on a factional ship ( T x.2) will get a huge amount of experience for a single sub faction. This leaves the possibility to pump the entire faction, flying in the early ships - it just needs more time

Amount of reputation for taking part in a battle reviewed. Players flying at maximum efficiency and completing contracts on a regular basis will advance faster than it is now. We expect that an average pilot will need 2 months of participation in the global war to reach the final tier in ships.

Under the term “average player” we understand a person who spends 2-4 hours a day in game and has an extended pilot’s license (premium account).

In versions starting with 0.5.4 will be slightly altered the balance on arrival/money flow:

1. Increased credit reward based on the result of the battle.

2. We will add paid faction change. The price for changing the faction is determined by the players reputation. As the higher ranks open access to more expensive contracts and increased rewards. Breaking a contract with a faction can give you a penality.

Sounds very promising. As it stands now contracts are completely useless.

I would very appreciate contracts which reward team play and/or tasks which help the team to win a battle (like collecting 1200 points of beacon capture points or saving a mates xxxx in a dogfight). Also there could be some financial contracts which gain just a little amount of rep but a high amount of money. Another thing which could improve the contract system would be random daily contracts: The first time a day you log in a window pops out and says something like “Special contract! The high command has chosen you for a very special mission. (Short ingame text which explains the problem.) Do this, this and this. You will be rewarded with xyz. Do you accept this task?”

1. Some players did not like a couple of contracts. This is mainly for the contracts with " kill x with weapon …"

I am one of them, I guess. :wink:

The Problem: Why force players to use a special weapon, if the game is based on individual ship settings?

P.S.:

I know, this post will be unheard for the devs. I am just spelling out my thoughts. *g*

The posts won’t be unheard. The devs are taking a look into the forum from time to time and the most important things are forwarded to them.

Since we are still in beta there is still a lot work to do so they are very busy.

It could be that there will follow a few more interesting posts today :wink:

I’ll admit to some interest in this discussion, and most of what you’ve said is heartening. The only thing that disturbs me is your definition of an average player…premium and 2-4 hours a day means I’ll be playing for years to hit the highest tier (and long before that, the top tier will be raised or the game will die).

Considering that it’s a good day if I get 1 hour, and I probably average under 4 hrs / week, and totally ignoring the premium question, I’d be looking at 14 months of play. Well…14 months without premium isn’t too bad…but that would be 28 months without, wouldn’t it?

I don’t think I’ve spent 28 months playing a game since the original Civilization. Meh…maybe it’s not unreasonable. But it does mean I’m unlikely to ever see the upper end of this game. And from a personal point of view, I think that would be a shame. :wink:

I’ll admit to some interest in this discussion, and most of what you’ve said is heartening. The only thing that disturbs me is your definition of an average player…premium and 2-4 hours a day means I’ll be playing for years to hit the highest tier (and long before that, the top tier will be raised or the game will die).

Considering that it’s a good day if I get 1 hour, and I probably average under 4 hrs / week, and totally ignoring the premium question, I’d be looking at 14 months of play. Well…14 months without premium isn’t too bad…but that would be 28 months without, wouldn’t it?

I don’t think I’ve spent 28 months playing a game since the original Civilization. Meh…maybe it’s not unreasonable. But it does mean I’m unlikely to ever see the upper end of this game. And from a personal point of view, I think that would be a shame. :wink:

For that the difference between the tiers was decreased so it wont be to hard to fight higher players, but it still takes some time before reaching the end game.