Catalyst Crystal - only available to unlock if own Tai'Kin

Catalyst Crystal - only available to unlock if you own Tai’Kin. Is this accurate or overlooked?

it’s intentional, most ellydium ships have some gear that can be used by all ellydium ships, thar’ga has missile reload, tai’kin has engine and hull mods, and waz’got has nothing, because the devs gave it nothing, the point is that ellydium ships are supposed to also give tools that other ellydium ships can use

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:50 PM, evo888 said:

it’s intentional, most ellydium ships have some gear that can be used by all ellydium ships, thar’ga has missile reload, tai’kin has engine and hull mods, and waz’got has nothing, because the devs gave it nothing, the point is that ellydium ships are supposed to also give tools that other ellydium ships can use

Very intentional, its the most simple way to put it we cant choose which Elly ship/s we’ll build. Its a “want 1 u need to get them all”…

But thats not the real issue, all trees have prerequisities. The real question is why some mods that can be unlocked at high ranks, say 13 or 14 or even 15 and are and the end of the ship’s evolution line, the corresponding gear start at rank 9. Which means, need to fully research a ship to the max available rank and then downgrade it if we want to participate in lower rank battles. Meanwhile the said ship will be at max rank with all the negativities that come along.

The materials Elly ships need to be upgraded are really a lot not to mention the credits. I’ve upgraded 2 out of 3 ships to rank 12 and 13, it took around 80 mil credits and atm I need to farm credits to deal with basic ship repairs. I’m playing with prem license since day1 and still I cant deal with the costs, cant imagine how non prem license players cope with this.