Cannot launch through steam

I’ve been trying to log in and play through steam where I normally do. But whenever I go to launch it downloads a 63mb patch.

Once the patch is downloaded, the update “cancels” in steam and i have to do it again, this repeats forever without ever launching the game.

If i just launch the game as standard, there is no option to log in with my steam account, so im out of luck unless i somehow launch the steam version

| Error report |
| Describe problem and what you saw | Non launch from steam |
| What you expected to see | The game launching |
| Conditions in which error reproduce | Attempted to launch the game after 63mb patch |
| Problem details | Update through steam cancels, game wont launch |
| Frequency of reproduction | always |
| Time of bug |   |

Can you illustrate issue with screenshots or video?

I’ll try, though i don’t see what there is to show you. the download bar reaches full, then steam acts like the update was cancelled. I’ve uninstalled and am attempting to re-install through steam and the entire game is now doing it. which is 6.5gb, that just un-downloads itself.

Here Is a link to the video of this occuring

I spent a few hours waiting for it to download, and the moment it finished. It resets COMPLETLEY. Please advise  as this is quite frustrating

I don’t know what happend.

12 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

I don’t know what happend.

So is there a  way for me to play with my steam account in any other way? because if not launched through steam I dont seem to have the option.

On 11/30/2018 at 6:51 PM, Chaotix9460193 said:

So is there a  way for me to play with my steam account in any other way? because if not launched through steam I dont seem to have the option.

Looks like a Steam issue for me. Do you  have enough space? Have you tried to verify local content? Isn’t the game folder marked as Read-Only?

If you have a Gaijin.net account you can download a launcher, download the game via the launcher and play it that way. You won’t have Steam achievements, though. 

However having downloaded the game via the launcher - you can then copy it to the Steam game folder, verify local files via Steam and it should be fine to play and if not - you will have a full game downloaded which save you time next time if Steam will decide to delete the game folder again.

5 minutes ago, niripas said:

Looks like a Steam issue for me. Do you  have enough space? Have you tried to verify local content? Isn’t the game folder marked as Read-Only?

If you have a Gaijin.net account you can download a launcher, download the game via the launcher and play it that way. You won’t have Steam achievements, though. 

However having downloaded the game via the launcher - you can then copy it to the Steam game folder, verify local files via Steam and it should be fine to play and if not - you will have a full game downloaded which save you time next time if Steam will decide to delete the game folder again.

I’ve tried all of these, and while I have a Gaijin.net account, my star conflict account is seperate since its so old. I’ve asked steam support but, well thats steam support. and this is the only game that does it

2 hours ago, Chaotix9460193 said:

I’ve tried all of these, and while I have a Gaijin.net account, my star conflict account is seperate since its so old. I’ve asked steam support but, well thats steam support. and this is the only game that does it

Did you try to download the game via launcher, turn off auto-updates in steam, close the steam,  copy the game to the steam folder and then launch steam and manually verify local files as well?

19 hours ago, niripas said:

Did you try to download the game via launcher, turn off auto-updates in steam, close the steam,  copy the game to the steam folder and then launch steam and manually verify local files as well?

Oh baby dont you know I have