'Cannonball' Protocol [Module]

Name: ‘Cannonball’ Protocol

Type: Passive CPU module

Tooltip: Double-tapping the reverse key activates an impenetrable shield around the ship for 2 seconds and disables active modules and weapons. Shield absorbs all damage even collisions. Afterburner activation while shielded thrusts the ship forwards 2000m at warp speed. 90-60 second cooldown. (Mk1-Mk4)

Just came to me when thinking of how Emergency Barrier would make warp ships amazing weapons if it negated collision damage.

Even more gtfo buttons? :S

6 hours ago, Scar6 said:

Even more gtfo buttons? :S

Nah it’s a replacement for the Unidentified Module that was removed. All ships need at least one warp function.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Nah it’s a replacement for the Unidentified Module that was removed. All ships need at least one warp function.

I hated getting oneshoted by taikins which used that…

1 hour ago, Scar6 said:

I hated getting oneshoted by taikins which used that…

I loved it.

That module was the actual best. They could have stopped the Taikin problem by making it standard-only tho. Would been better than making it useless.

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I loved it.

That module was the actual best. They could have stopped the Taikin problem by making it standard-only tho. Would been better than making it useless.

And then we would have every fighter, interceptor and frigate equipped with a 1 shot button. That in turn would render large, slow ships pretty much pointless.

The old module had its usefulness limited to taikins and even that was unbearable at times :stuck_out_tongue: