can we get an option to veto certain game modes? or maybe make 3v3s more common?

i love these. alot. and no one uses custom games and not to mention they dont have any sort of mm balance, i love the 3v3s and id love to be able to veto the combat recon mode, just because of trolls

i just had a game where our captain suicided at the start so we’d lose faster and we’d get “exp faster”… its dumb lol, alot of people seem to be doing this now…

This post was halfed xxxx, two things in one, sorry lol.

i just want to be able to que skirmishlike matches and also be able to control what i que for to maximise my enjoyment, Too bad there arent enough players though i guess.

3v3s? Custom matches.

As for the suiciding captains, if that’s his reasoning, report him. You can’t throw the game like that and, besides, you don’t earn ANY Synergy if you just suicide right at the start.

I was in that game … iirc flying straight into the enemy is not bannable?

But yus, he ‘suicided’

I was in that game … iirc flying straight into the enemy is not bannable?

Ah, that kind of suicide. Welp, can’t do anything against that, it’s just idiocy.

Unfortunately, because custom matches weren’t laid out the way many of us wanted, this kind of thing is going to happen.

Custom matches should have let us filter what games we wanted to play, not create a lobby of empty games that nobody is ever going to join.

Many games like warcraft starcraft etc etc with random map queues have “ban 3 maps”

Given the number of modes here banning 1 mode would suffice.

For example I have some loyalty contracts and I need beacons. Obviously I will either ban detonation or recon.  Or if I simply do not want to play certain mode today.

Why will this NOT be implemented ?

Come on, dude … they merged the realistic in the others to FORCE people to play it.  Due to low player base.  800 players. / 4 tiers = around 200. from those 200 only 10-20 were queuing in realistic.

Double the numbers and it is still low.

and now in realistic if you lose all your 4 ships (or even just 3) trying your best to protect beacon or win the game you are charged for ammo and missiles on all 4 !!!
So your expenses in T3 jump from 10K to 40k. not counting repairs !

Don’t die :stuck_out_tongue:

I love realistic and combat recon modes the most, as killing someone actually means something and has wider implications.

These modes teach you not to squander your ships.

who uses the word squander in forums… wow. You ARE British.

Wtb ability to ban anything but Realistic.

I have nothing against the mode itself.

Its just the quadriple costs are the things that annoy me. 

With the new systems I have to pay for missiles I may not even use.

And things like “do not die” are just stupid. I am on an inty and going there capturing 1 beacon then die for sure cause of having 5 people on me, but that turning the tides and we win is not rewarded, but punished ?

Same thing like what I posted in supporting the bomb carrier in detonation. If you support him and help him plant (or even die in the process) you are not rewarded, but punished with repair costs.

So basically it promotes “get a frigate and stay on the beacon” playstyle or “let others bother with capturing and dieing. you just stay on your xxxx and hope not to die while winning”

There is just no reward for being heroic in death leading to victory. Instead cowardly play is promoted.

P.S. I rarely lose more than 1 ship in realistic. But sometimes when there are 2 beacons left and other team has 5+ players and you and other one are left 2v5 cause your team sucked and lost all ships you are basically FORCED to use your other 3 ships and eventually lose them, cause you know what happens when cap is killed in recon right ? Well, same happens when you are left 2v5 but you respawn in your next ship and pay even more !

One match they left the last beacon on 10 points and just spawn camped us to kill off our last ships.

who uses the word squander in forums… wow. You ARE British.

Blimey, I haven’t heard that for yonks.

Steady on, old chap.

There is just no reward for being heroic in death leading to victory. Instead cowardly play is promoted.

Unfortunately both the manner in which repair costs as well as DSR are calculated only support your statement. We can only hope for improvements in these areas in the future, but it’s quite hard to balance repair costs in a way which doesn’t reward overly reckless (and thus less skilful) play.

Unfortunately both the manner in which repair costs as well as DSR are calculated only support your statement. We can only hope for improvements in these areas in the future, but it’s quite hard to balance repair costs in a way which doesn’t reward overly reckless (and thus less skilful) play.

Your statement holds the truth as well. We do not want to see CO pilots just randomly self destructing on the captain w/o getting punished if they fail as well.

There should not be auto spawn when the timer goes off in realistic.  Sometimes after I die I get distracted and the timer happens to be 6-8 sec, so I spawn with the wrong ship. Or maybe in situation like spawn camping and intentionally killing the rest of the ships of the last remaining players I can just not spawn and let them cap the beacon instead of spawning and losing my ship for sure 1v5+

Or we can sync our spawn and spawn 3v5 at once so we stand any chance ?

A suggestion equal to this has already been forwarded to the devs.

Great to hear this, thank you :slight_smile: