Caltrop and octopus

wich are the better slots number in Caltrop and in ocptopus??

I would like try caltrop with this slots: 1 engine, 1 capacitor, 3 shield, 3 hull, 1 cpu, how is? anyone try this?

My Octo has a the 1/1/3/2/2 build but if I would build it now I would build 2 engines in. Speedy engineers make really good team support ships.

My Octo has 2/0/3/2/2 and while it can do adaptive build, it was built for extra tank and recharge while being a pain to hit with certain weapons and having drones everywhere XD

My caltrop is 2/1/3/1/2. So far I’m doing well with it. It is not that I like ECM that much but… it is fun for a change.

I tried Caltrop with 1 1 3 3 1 and it is absolutely xxxx. No damage with any weapon you try, and the extra tank is not worth it if you can’t kill your enemy. So I disassembled it and am building a Mjolnir now.

On the Octopus however, my 1 1 3 3 1 build is working extremely well and makes the ship an engi-guard hybrid, able to survive sustained fire from a gunship/cov ops. Obviously it still dies to focus fire, but it is a lot more tanky than any other engi in t5. It’s still reasonably manoevrable with a vernier in the engine slot and only one galvanised armour. It’s one of my favourite ships on the game atm.

I tried Caltrop with 1 1 3 3 1 and it is absolutely xxxx. No damage with any weapon you try, and the extra tank is not worth it if you can’t kill your enemy. So I disassembled it and am building a Mjolnir now.

On the Octopus however, my 1 1 3 3 1 build is working extremely well and makes the ship an engi-guard hybrid, able to survive sustained fire from a gunship/cov ops. Obviously it still dies to focus fire, but it is a lot more tanky than any other engi in t5. It’s still reasonably manoevrable with a vernier in the engine slot and only one galvanised armour. It’s one of my favourite ships on the game atm.

and if try 1-2-3-2-1? with emergency barrier and iridium (or pulse discharger) is good?

I am currently building the Caltrop, and I am planning on the build 2-1-3-2-1.

I am going for survivability and maneuverability more than damage with this build.

For a more damaging build, I would run 2-2-3-1-1 or 2-1-3-1-2.

Or if you are willing to sacrifice a shield slot: 2-2-2-1-2

I am currently building the Caltrop, and I am planning on the build 2-1-3-2-1.

I am going for survivability and maneuverability more than damage with this build.

For a more damaging build, I would run 2-2-3-1-1 or 2-1-3-1-2.

Or if you are willing to sacrifice a shield slot: 2-2-2-1-2

Arguably you get more dmg in 2-1-3-2-1

Pylons+Missile recharge implant, that was my bet when I went 2-1-3-2-1 instead of 2-2-3-1-1, and i think it did pay out well, in Sec Con when you guys covered dmg I used mostly Light Weight on it, pushing 540 speed (+ 9-2 implant)

unless you plan on using 2x Proton walls, more than 1 CPU doesn’t make much sense for dmg.

What did you get back from it? A percentage of materials or the built components?

What did you get back from it? A percentage of materials or the built components?

You get back 2/3rds of the ship parts. You won’t get any materials back.