Build for the Styx. PLZ Share!

Also what is the difference between the Auxiliary Engines and the Catalyst engines. If i wanted to go for speed wouldn’t i go for the Auxiliary because it gives me more speed at the expense of more afterburner energy consumption?

Yes, you’re faster but it costs you more energy, anyway none of them are good for a Styx, you need rotation, if you want speed put a Power Unit Conduit in your Capacitor slot, it gives tons of speed and reduces your energy pool, you won’t notice it because Styx has a passive bonus on the energy pool.

Engine module for Empire Engineer is not critical and normally try to complement your fight - flight style and normal engagement types.

But slapping on speed is the least best option.

Acceleration for dodging torpedoes, disintegrator, peek a boo camping

Strafe for more aggressive support firing from the back

Rotation if you use coil mortar / eclipse aggressively

My T5 Empire Engineer has 2 Strafe Mods coz of my squad role in Sector Conquest.

I use Collision Compensator on Styx coz it doesn’t matter etc

2 strafe mods on top of the strafe implant?

I rarely play Styx. I like the Valor more, I don’t like to fly an Engie as Guard/Healer.

High strafe speed allows me to duel long range facing the target dodging his positron / eclipse while I continuously keep my lazors on him. I will consistently be the last one to lose shields and good Sec Con pilots tend to disengage the second they are on hulls. Versus Inties, I try to drop them low on hulls as they close in and pray my drones either kill them off or chase them away. Half the time I come out ok. The other half, I wished I had double Verniers instead :stuck_out_tongue:

I fear my use of the Eclipse will slowly dwindle…   Shoot it is getting to the point the opposing pesky intis\gunships\tacklers  can sit outside your range and effectively pester shots at you.

at least for now Drones do not require line of sight.   

Imagine taking a styx and building it for pure speed? 

389-Impossibru.jpg

Unless you are a veteran and you have three sets of T3 lightweight hulls lying around. I only have two.

Unless you are a veteran and you have three sets of T3 lightweight hulls lying around. I only have two.

I have 3…I have to double check

Let’s see… 1 aux gen, 1 power unit conduit, 1 submatter shield, 3 lightweight hulls, and any random CPU… I reckon it’s not AB stable with double heal auras and energy emitter.

Let’s see… 1 aux gen, 1 power unit conduit, 1 submatter shield, 3 lightweight hulls, and any random CPU… I reckon it’s not AB stable with double heal auras and energy emitter.

Turn off the heals to activate “GTFO” mode. 

Remember a valor hits 355M/s with afterburner. 

That must be like the base speed, it’s nothing for a Valor

4Dj6OCV.jpg

Hi! I’m a seasoned (ish) Veteran in Star Conflict. I have played, so far, up to T3. I haven’t played the Engineer role yet, that’s why I’m posting on the forum. Also this is my first post! (So take it easy on me) Okay so I have a list of requirements for the Styx. 

1 -  Lowest speed HAS to be above 200m/s.

2 - Weapon system MUST be the Coil Mortar.

3 - I don’t really care about the Active Modules.

4 - (This one is a question) Is it possible for the ROF of the Coil Mortar to be close to LRF Coil Mortar or is it just to possible with the Engineer?

5 - The ROF must be relatively fast.

Pictures are encouraged!   :taunt:

Thanks for helping Guys & Gals

TacDub

m9EwSWp.jpg

Styx over 250 is unnatural, but 324 with AB is unheard of! I’d love to see a few troll matches with that.

A Valor can go well over 400 with AB, and thats not even a complete speed fit.

Styx: Positron, Beam or (least) Coil.

Valor: Positron, Coil or Eclipse (speed fit)

Phoenix: Eclipse, Eclipse or Eclipse.