Bug exploit - someone bloqued the entrance of mendes-IX

Hello,

Just a few minutes ago, someone (MuflonUrsus) was blocking the entrance of station mendes-IX by placing a warp-gate in front of it.

We couldn’t activate the docking.

It is clearly a bug exploit.

Also it made me die when I passed inside the warp-gate: I collided with the station will warping but I still took the damages under station protection?!

So the player can have take my loots.

post-256008-0-59441800-1441205040.png

Do you need my personnal logs?

I saw it. You went straight in, like a pro!

If station protection is off, you can destroy the warp-gate.

If you cannot do that, there is another problem.

You must use your Duplicator to dock.

If you don’t own any, you pretty much cannot dock, if the warp gates are still there.

lmao i have a nice video of 8 ppl waiting to get into hanger xD. It’s a blockade! None shall pass until all swear allegiance to the robobunny commander! 

or you know, leave location and get back in - chances are you will be in different instance of the map, or turn off station protection and blast that gate

Okay, but it forces me to deactivate my protection, wich makes me unsafe and maybe get killed by a bad guy waiting people comming back to station with rare loots.

Or also to waste fuel and time.

In any case, I don’t know why the option to dock is not displayed on the screen when there is a warp-gate :confused:

people do not deliver rare loots (except for worthless secret documents), they use delivery drones for that.

If I am near base, I prefer going to base.

I always use my tackler to go invisible and rush with cruise engine + adaptative shield so I am safe.

It cost no money to do that.

This is not normal to be able to block this entrance and should be fixed in any case. You don’t agree?

Lol, MuflonUrsus is a clever guy XD. Well, fortunately you didnt lost much that time xerrio. Next time try what kost says (jumping another sector and comming back) or sending cargo through mail drone.

Okay, but it forces me to deactivate my protection, wich makes me unsafe and maybe get killed by a bad guy waiting people comming back to station with rare loots.

Or also to waste fuel and time.

In any case, I don’t know why the option to dock is not displayed on the screen when there is a warp-gate :confused:

yep i am that bad guy :D 

For the moment, I will do with what I have and deal with it so I will follow your advices but I wait a dev answer’s to that point because:

• I won’t pay credits for the drone if I go home. (Immagine that I am a casual Rank 3 ship that cannot acces to drones and only looted some rocks around also)

• I want to go home without putting me in danger without the station protection. ( Destroying the warp-gate myself put me in danger of a trap)

• If I have to change instance, it takes time to travel and to look for fuel only because someone wanted to troll the world…

• Most of the players will just wait because they don’t know why they can’t dock to their own base and they don’t look in forums and probably less this post.

Two changes that I ask:

• Station protection could also protect when warping so I cannot crash.

• Allowing people to dock even if there is something in front of the entrance (example: warp-gate)

It is not something that touch really hard to gameplay and can be done I think :slight_smile:

yep i am that bad guy :smiley:

misc-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

This has been around for a while, just that warp gates are harder to move than ships . Maybe you can try facing the wrong way with the gate and going as close as you can to mendes ix symbol.

On a side note, once I had empire docks with ships in each end, we told them to go to the other side because this side was blocked… But the other side was blocked too >:)

Two changes that I ask:

• Station protection could also protect when warping so I cannot crash.

Agreed, anytime you go over 700ms (like 701, which you can do by strafing, stop strafing and then touching a wall–>boom) you instantly die from any fisical contact

Wow.  Seriously?

Do you all think you must be at the beacon to dock?

Just in looking at the screen shot of the approaching ship, you can dock.

One doesn’t have to be at the exact location to dock.

If that warpgate ever appears again just move between the gate and the dock extension and active the dock.

If you ever see me dock, you’d be amazed.   I come in full afterburners at times and trigger the dock process from around the corner, by the time the bar graph finishes loading Im at the dock extension and visually it appears as if Im entering the actual dock.

I don’t even touch the beacon.  Most my docks are from around the corner and fly in.

So if your concerned about some warp gate at the beacon, go teach the user that put it there a lesson on docking by starting from around the corner and avoiding the warpgate altogether.

I did see that warp gate that day, or if not that exact day, Ive seen it there at Mendex before.  As a rule of thumb, I don’t go poking around strange and unusual things while carrying a full load of cargo.   I will dock and unload then undock and go take a look.

I also would make a quest to hunt down any user and kill them open space if they did something like that to me.   Id camo in and sneak up on them and then appear directly in front of them so they would know exactly who is shooting at them.

Wow.  Seriously?

If that warpgate ever appears again just move between the gate and the dock extension and active the dock.

If you ever see me dock, you’d be amazed.   I come in full afterburners at times and trigger the dock process from around the corner, by the time the bar graph finishes loading Im at the dock extension and visually it appears as if Im entering the actual dock.

I don’t even touch the beacon.  Most my docks are from around the corner and fly in.

So if your concerned about some warp gate at the beacon, go teach the user that put it there a lesson on docking by starting from around the corner and avoiding the warpgate altogether.

I did see that warp gate that day, or if not that exact day, Ive seen it there at Mendex before.  As a rule of thumb, I don’t go poking around strange and unusual things while carrying a full load of cargo.   I will dock and unload then undock and go take a look.

I also would make a quest to hunt down any user and kill them open space if they did something like that to me.   Id camo in and sneak up on them and then appear directly in front of them so they would know exactly who is shooting at them.

I have yet to see Mendex. Sounds like fun.

Wow.  Seriously?

According to this bug report, it seems that the dock system works on a single point (a dot) and not a zone; if you surround that dot with something (wapr gate I.E.), theres no contact from any nearby space to interact, wich would mean that it does not matters where you position yourself, you simply cant interact and dock. I havent checked this by myself, so this is only a hipothesis wich i would love to prove.

Yeah you can park your ship over the “beacon” then all docking is blocked until the ship is moved. It doesn’t matter where you are, the docking is blocked because the ship is covering the beacon.

It works like a beacon. If something gets in the way, capturing is stopped.

They should make the zone area, not the point area.

Problem solved.

I do agree with koromac.

Warpgates only work one way. Approach from the opposite direction and you won’t get drawn in.

Also, the docking zone should be larger than that, I think…