Bots in PVP

So I’ve been seeing lots more bots in PVP lately. In fact, most of the recents teams of 8 have had 4 bots on each side. This is fine and I think it makes sense to fill in the gaps with bots.

What I don’t understand, however, is why so many of them seem to sit in frigates and snipe. Wasn’t the game adjusted to discourage players from constantly sniping in frigs? Why would the bots be programmed to do this as often as they seem to?

Well instead of having half you human players in LRF you have now bots instead maybe they make better use of an LRF. ;)wt

That is true. :)wt

I’m not complaining about it, by the way, because both teams need to adapt to it. I just find it rather odd.

Well instead of having half you human players in LRF you have now bots instead maybe they make better use of an LRF. ;)wt

didnt i tell you its just 1 bot per team now? was 3 bots per team yesterday.

lmao.

is good for contracts and makes us lvl upp faster. 

Matchmaking still seems to be an issue a year later. Right now it takes so long because there aren’t enough players in the game and it will only get worse as people believe a higher tier ship is outmatched against a lower tier ship with less modules. SAME TIER PLEASE.

We still believe tiers should not be mixed. It’s just ridiculous that this would be acceptable. Not mixing tiers should also make matchmaking much quicker. This is the way it was in the beginning and it should be again. I’m sure the devs have their reasons, but listening to your paying customers is usually the best way to keep them. We’ve already paid good money for the game as we believe we should if we are enjoying it. But, we won’t contribute any more if matchmaking isn’t remedied.

Adding bots is not acceptable either. I personally witnessed being disabled by the same bot twice within 15 seconds so the cool-downs are not being respected by the programming of the bots. Also, why the hell would I pay money to fight a bot? I am playing PVP to fight HUMANS, not bots.

Otherwise, we love the game so we’re hoping these things are corrected.

One thing to remember about the golden age of Star Conflict is it had a lot more going for it in terms of matchmaking. We had more players (4,000+ on at a time), but those players were also more tightly packed together. Consider:

Golden Age had three modes: PvP, PvE and Realistic. Now we have four: PvP, PvE, SQ and Custom.

GA PvP had four queues - one per tier. Now it has at least nine, spread across five tiers.

GA PvE had three missions (I think Processing Rig counts as Golden Age) with six queues spread across them. Now we have six PvE missions with twelve queues.

In short, we have half the players, spread across twice as many queues. It is little wonder that match size has fallen and matchmaking time has increased. Put simply, Tier 5 should not have been released. It was an unnecessary burden on the game and would have improved the T4 situation considerably by its absence.

Even if this game came to have 4k players (this is low for a f2p in steam) online in the past is still not taking into account that some f2p released at the same time currently has 40k players at peak. Say what you want about queue and mm, but the fact that these problems alone do not make a game have low population. Instead of worrying about putting bots to make the game seem more active ARTIFICIALLY better try changes in gameplay to attract more REAL players.

Well we tried and, once again, we’re done with this game. We will prob come back at some point in the future but we’re not spending one more penny on this poorly developed game. We have been playing for two nights in a row since the recent update and have literally been unable to win ONE round (OK to be fair, we won ONE game out of probably 30 games). We’ve NEVER had such low numbers. Due to the poor mm process, we keep getting the same players on our team and the same players on the opposite side EVERY GAME. So once again, the mm process is pathetic.

On top of that, they weakened frigates to such a low strength that any small ship can take it out. Now, they add bots who do nothing but get into frigates. Lame.

I guess that explains why the game went from 4000 players to 500.

BYE BYE.

Frigates should consider themselves chess players rather than twitch shooter.

As for a 1-29 w/l ratio, I don’t know what to say.  That generally should never happen.

Well we tried and, once again, we’re done with this game. We will prob come back at some point in the future but we’re not spending one more penny on this poorly developed game. We have been playing for two nights in a row since the recent update and have literally been unable to win ONE round (OK to be fair, we won ONE game out of probably 30 games). We’ve NEVER had such low numbers. Due to the poor mm process, we keep getting the same players on our team and the same players on the opposite side EVERY GAME. So once again, the mm process is pathetic.

On top of that, they weakened frigates to such a low strength that any small ship can take it out. Now, they add bots who do nothing but get into frigates. Lame.

BYE BYE.

Are you playing in Tier 1? Unless you are fitting horrible your Frigate or the enemy interceptor is a veteran player, there is no way he can take you down before anyone helps you.

BYE BYE.

Ever though that you might be the reason of your “win” streak?

Every time i join a new game, or start flying new role, higher tier, new mode, first thing i do, i tell myself: “xKostyan, you sux, big time”, what areas i sux at most? what do i do to get better? how do i ask for information, who do i follow to learn? After EVERY lost game, i spend a minute or 2 and try to remember what mistake i made, not my team, i, personally and how much stronger would’ve my team be if i did not do those mistakes, and what you should have done instead of those mistakes. Or simply remembering why i didnt kill that guy here or there? Is it my dodging? Did i stupidly run over his mine? Did i hit all of my shots, maybe my aim sux? Is sensitivity on my mouse is good enough to perform on those speeds etc etc etc, there are hundreds of factors, no one is perfect, but people that realise that do get better much faster…

It is perfectly feasible to be that much of a contribution weight, even in 12v12 games to tilt a game for your team, the smaller games are, more weight each player has.

Good examples that i just had, 30 minutes ago:

1. 4v4, it is a 4x man [NOVA] squad, 1500-1700 players. We are 3x man [NASA] 1500-1600 +a random guy 1200, obviously he is cut out of our communication, because we use Team Speak, plus this random guy did not have his best game as well, dying 4 times 4-5 minutes into the game, leaving us 3v4. But at the end we won by kills, we had +7 kills, and that considering 4 frags from random guy.

2. 3v3(2 man NASA+random) vs 2 man squad + random. our guy, literally wasted all his ships within 2 minutes, so for 10 minutes it is 2v3 and both of us had NO healer equipped, we killed them all.

My point is, in every single PvP game, there are players that comes in,have no clue how to play but believe they are pros, how hard can it be? get killed by older players, and then blame team mates for everything, while they are at the bottom of efficiency charts with zero points. There are games that are not carriable, and you have to be a god to win those, but 1/30 is not a matchmaking fault, especially judging by the way you comment on frigates, you have no idea how balance works here, even though in T1-T2 frigs are UP they still hurt and can wreck stuff.

Conclusion: Whenever you join a new game for you, never expect to wreck faces and get disappointed because you didn’t, you gonna get wrecked for awhile and you gotta learn from that.

Another 10 battles and another bot army of frigate snipers. So goodbye AGAIN, SC! -2 paying customers AGAIN. Enjoy your slow death o/

We must be playing different games because I didn’t find a single game with more than 1 not per team in the whole weekend.

Yep they changed the amount of bots in a match the same day (or the morning after) of the patch release. It is still questionable if bots are of any help especially in matches with more than 4 players per team.

OK, so after playing a while with the bots here are my conclusions:

My first reaction to this was oh no, SC is ruined now.

Well, it wasn’t. If it makes anyone feel better, it is still the same. I don’t think I ever saw more than 1 bot on each team (3 would have been a lot), maybe there were 2 bots at one point - I am not sure, they really did not stand out that often.

So if it’s just one bot, it’s not that disturbing. I’m surprised I’m saying this but it’s actually kind of cool.

The only reason why the bots are interesting to me is that a) they are really easy to kill and b) they are deadly accurate with their weapons. It’s a very interesting opponent. Not completely useless, sort of a glass cannon on the lines. It is something you actually have to be careful about and is generally a good idea to kill it before it does more damage. They are also very good at finding and chasing bomb carriers. All in all, they can be quite deadly, feel no fear as an AI and make no compromises. Sure, they can be taken down easily, but don’t underestimate them. From what we played, I think bots killed more of our squad mates than actual players.

Think about it in a different way. In MWO for instance, they just recently added defense turrets to base capping points. Yes, it’s AI but they are turrets. It actually makes the gameplay and process of taking the point more interesting now, adds a new depth. And bots in SCon are a little special on their own as well, they behave quite differently from an average player.

So is it game breaking? Well, I still don’t support this idea since it should be a pvp game, but I actually think it really is a little more interesting - if there is 1 bot. Anything more than that, it is breaking it. Also I would not like to see any bots in 4v4 games, that should remain free of bots. 

And bottom line - no, the game is not worth quitting just because of the bots. Actually the bigger problem is right now is the captain selection that has really frustrated last time I played - 3 out of 3 games, the captain on our side was always someone with 900-1000 SR, guarantying a loss to our side, which is utter crap. It’s the thing they should fix first. But having a 1 glass cannon bot per game is actually not so bad.

Another 10 battles and another bot army of frigate snipers. So goodbye AGAIN, SC! -2 paying customers AGAIN. Enjoy your slow death o/

It would be far more useful if you told us what tier you are flying. Your claims don’t match anything I’ve seen and I fly T3 / T5, which suggests you’re still in Tier 1…

BYE BYE.

After reading your comments, I took the liberty to check your profiles (actually couldn’t find Enik1 in game), and I came to the conclussion that maybe you are the reason other players should be complaining. I don’t want to sound rude but the average player has a win/loss ratio of 1, while you have 0’73, you won 273 games out of 651. Did you consider that maybe you and your mate are the reason your team kept losing every game? I mean, in 651 you got a total of 255 capture points. Do you pretend us to believe that the MM is screwing you? Why don’t you just admit that you are not good enough and you are part of the reason your team is losing?

With that WLR and generally low performance I am going to also assume he’s a tier-rusher.

Pro tip: just because you can fly a higher tier does not mean you should.