Bomb Drop Bug?

| Error report |
| Describe problem and what you saw | Bomb was dropped from my Tai’Kin in Sector Conquest when I was not using anything except standard movement and afterburners, no teleportation, warping, or modules were activated. I did not receive any damage prior to the explosion of the bomb and was at completely full health, and no modules were used by any enemies. |
| What you expected to see | The bomb should not have been dropped without any known cause. |
| Conditions in which error reproduce | I do not know of any consistent method to reproduce this error. This is the second time it has happened to me, but I was in my Tai’Kin both times and the first time I took minor damage from a bot Black Dragon prior to dropping the bomb (but I did not lose all of my shield before the bomb was lost). I do not still have the logs from the first occurence. |
| Problem details | I was 3-4 km away from the enemy dreadnought’s tower and directly above the enemy dreadnought’s engine trail. No enemies were known to be near me. I saw no debuffs appear and I took no damage. I was not caused to drop the bomb by modules such as Camouflage Shroud and Relocation Mechanism which I know force the bomb to drop without dealing damage. In the combat log, the last line with my name to appear before the bug was 0,190 seconds prior. |
| Frequency of reproduction | sometimes |
| Time of bug | 13:39:11.700 |

[2020.11.21 12.50.14.066.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20326)

Most probably was missklick, you pressed “Interact” button

On 11/23/2020 at 12:37 AM, Skula1975 said:

Most probably was missklick, you pressed “Interact” button

“Interact” key does not cause the bomb to drop (I have tested this), and I was very careful not to press any buttons other than basic movement because I did not want to accidentally drop the bomb. None of my modules that can cause bomb drop were used (Teleportation sphere, Hologram Crystal, Quantum Leap, Emergency Barrier - I am completely sure that none of these were activated).

5 hours ago, chopinomania said:

I was very careful not to press any buttons other than basic movement

Well, may be there is a defect. But we don’t know condition for repeat.

As I understood it’s a very rare failure.

On 11/26/2020 at 1:29 PM, Skula1975 said:

Well, may be there is a defect. But we don’t know condition for repeat.

As I understood it’s a very rare failure.

[@Skula1975](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/239039-skula1975/)This might not be related to the report but I found a way to incorrectly drop the bomb which can be replicated consistently.

When ‘Ellydium’ ships have the modifier ‘teleportation sphere’ equipped pressing any strafe input twice. The bomb will drop no matter which input is pressed twice.

I have checked with all Ellydium ships both with and without the modifier equipped and the result is consistent.

[Logs.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20772)

17 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

I found a way to incorrectly drop the bomb

Accepted as SC-114838