Blindness and Lag produced by Coil-Mortars.

It is impossible to see the attacker or markers for the enemy location when I get hit by coil-mortars.

I already tried all combination of shader, texture and other graphic settings, but nothing fixes this issue.

Additionally, Coil-Mortars and Guided-Torpedoes produce an effect like the Tackler’s slowing missile until I get out of the area of effect.

I think this is a bug and NOT a part of the balance idea, because it is nowhere mentioned in the description that targets suffer from 10 FPS and can’t see obstacles in their flight path.

But if it is indeed intended, please add it to the weapon description.

Thanks, but it’ll be very useful if you do it this way 

[How to create bug reports](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25328-how-to-create-bug-reports/)

This apply to captured missile turret/jumpgates as well… The vision is really strange.

There is a perfectly logical explanation to this,Wikipedia,you shall speak now! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_blindness

There is a perfectly logical explanation to this,Wikipedia,you shall speak now! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_blindness

What I’m talking about has nothing to do with your posted link. It’s more a inference in the space.

What I’m talking about has nothing to do with your posted link. It’s more a inference in the space.

Sound cannot travel in space but light can,the blindness is caused by too much light,a point blank explosion sure if a source of much light.

Many explosion effects warp the visuals within the explosion to make it more “realistic”. Guided torp has a warping visual effect so that you have to move out of it (and you want to because it damages you).

Jump gates have the warping effect because they’re jump gates, they always have warp effects X D

As for the low fps, it may be that the particle effects aren’t handled well by your GPU or CPU

That warping visual effect caused by heat is the refractive index,which varies,the hotter air is lighter and that causes the light to get ‘distorted’.

Also,strong gravity can bend light too,especially the gravity of the black holes,that phenomenon is called Gravity Lensing,hence the destroyer module name which revolves around that,and swattering some interceptors too…

I know all the physics parts you mentioned.

But the point is if it is balanced.

As for the lore:

When I would build a fighter space ship I would build for example a rotating mirror which switches between sensors to recover faster from such a blindness.

I would also shape the hull like a facet-eye where only sensors at the most distant outermost places would face a target and a cover for them which shifts in front of those vulnerable pieces before an expected impact.

Nano-tech & computer-assisted building/maintenance makes it possible.

Or perhaps there are already better working mechanisms used in military craft IRL.

I know all the physics parts you mentioned.

But the point is if it is balanced.

As for the lore:

When I would build a fighter space ship I would build for example a rotating mirror which switches between sensors to recover faster from such a blindness.

I would also shape the hull like a facet-eye where only sensors at the most distant outermost places would face a target and a cover for them which shifts in front of those vulnerable pieces before an expected impact.

Nano-tech & computer-assisted building/maintenance makes it possible.

Or perhaps there are already better working mechanisms used in military craft IRL.

Well,the Federeation and Empire ships have windshields so that might be a problem,while Jericho should be just fine.I mean,just deal with it,or at least we should still be able to see the HUD properly,like the ship hitboxes,predictions and crosshairs so that blackout wont have too much of an impact,its that simple…