Bleedthrough with 100/70% shield on Tryant

You all know the fancy Warp Stream Detector right? I don’t understand how an entire demomen can destroy all your modules when they are destroyed outside of your shield and it’s at 100% and dips to 70% most of the times after all the boom, shields fine to 100% but all modules are destroyed… what even? I was under the impression Jericho ships don’t get bleedthrough till 30/40% shield

Yeah demomen in T4/5 need a nerf. They’re always too powerful and against destroyers. (like everything)

about 8 months back they broke fire support and defense contract during a patch fire support was unplayable for almost a week  … that was the moment the EM cannons on the top of the cruiser got a 500% speed boost and the demoman started doing 50,000 DPS per ship times 8 demoman so they hit you for 400,000 damage when they swarm you … it wont get fixed  they are gearing up to force you to waste your time buying rank 17- rank 25 ships to try futilely to get something that can tank the map your in … just spam AOE at the enemy ball and buy a thermal reactive weapon for your tyrant and you will do the same DPS as the frigates in Ariadne’s thread

It literally only takes a single Photon or Isotope Harvester to take out a swarm of Demomen ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

5 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

It literally only takes a single Photon or Isotope Harvester to take out a swarm of Demomen ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

there are times when the entire map targets you … in a Tyrant its best to stay back if you realize this is the map that will force you to fight every single enemy in it… but yea  they are easy to kill if you can keep them 2000 meters away .also the spawn times above the cruiser  coincide with isotope harvester perfectly … good way to get 120,000 shield heal.

The reason they blow up your modules is because you can bypass shields of a destroyer easily. Just fly close to him and you can destroy its hull and modules without even touching the shields at all. Some enemies and attacks like the plasma barrage in Spec Ops seems to penetrate your shields when you get hit too many times in a short period of time. Like when you facetank 3-4 barrages you’ll 100% have all your modules destroyed even with your shields still intact. I suppose its a feature that only finds use in these very certain situations since no other ship or weapon can do so many aoe hits in just 1 second.

13 hours ago, Niran said:

The reason they blow up your modules is because you can bypass shields of a destroyer easily. Just fly close to him and you can destroy its hull and modules without even touching the shields at all. Some enemies and attacks like the plasma barrage in Spec Ops seems to penetrate your shields when you get hit too many times in a short period of time. Like when you facetank 3-4 barrages you’ll 100% have all your modules destroyed even with your shields still intact. I suppose its a feature that only finds use in these very certain situations since no other ship or weapon can do so many aoe hits in just 1 second.

No, I said this was outside. I know about inside. There should NEVER be bleedthrough at 100/50% shield. Only under 50%. 

21 hours ago, Original_Taz said:

there are times when the entire map targets you … in a Tyrant its best to stay back if you realize this is the map that will force you to fight every single enemy in it… but yea  they are easy to kill if you can keep them 2000 meters away .also the spawn times above the cruiser  coincide with isotope harvester perfectly … good way to get 120,000 shield heal.

I have it. I can solo Defence Contract/Fire Support with Isotope. I just had an issue with demomen one shotting modules at 100% shield…

21 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Yeah demomen in T4/5 need a nerf. They’re always too powerful and against destroyers. (like everything)

They don’t deal that much damage anymore. I only lost at most 38% of my shield with 100 resistance at all times. 

Well maybe i haven’t made it clear but the demoman aren’t the only ones bleeding through your shields on rapid hits. Spec Ops destroyer bleeds through your shields too if you get it by multiple barrages of green plasma at the same time all of which are explosive-type AOE damage, same with the demoman blowing up. Though this only happens on destroyers. I’ve never seen them blowing up my modules on anything not destroyer and i’ve had a lot of rounds with guard or LRF where they only hit my shields even while dropping below 50%. Again its what i assume due to the way explosive-type weapons work, probably a hidden mechanic, that or you are just getting extremely unlucky and they blow up inside your shield sphere, given that they have to come close before they blow up doesn’t sound too unrealistic. About the Spec Ops thing… i’d say that’s probably either due to latency or a bug causing these kind of weapons to penetrate your shields on rapid hits. Probably some internal cooldown that prevents a shield being hit too many times in a given timeframe and letting anything that overflows simply go through. Anyway, don’t care, just don’t let them come close, it’s really not hard dispatching them.