‘Blackwood’ Shipyard panorama

ed56647d7e768f376d73f7e90199.jpg

The UMC continues to talk about what is happening in the Star Conflict universe at the present time. The history of the fringe sectors is happening right before our eyes…

Former Imperial Sectors
System: Menar

This is the sector where one of the most famous shipyards of the corporation ‘Blackwood’ is located. Known for the fact that Ariadne AI was developed here, which brought its creators to a new level on the global market.

At the very beginning of the invasion, ‘Blackwood’ Corporation lost control of the experimental shipyard completely under control of artificial intelligence. Further investigation showed that the AI was affected by an unknown virus. ‘Blackwood’ is extremely interested in preserving its research, so its engineers are engaged in constant development and implementation of new programs that will help restore control over artificial intelligence.

Some of the new experimental samples that Blackwood released the other day are out of control. Ariadne controls the combat ships, and no one knows what happens in the brains of the ships, under the control of this AI.

In addition, Ironside, who established a dictatorship in his sector, occasionally tries to steal the secrets of ‘Blackwood’. His fighters have been seen around the ‘Blackwood’ Shipyard, where AI Ariadne is being tested.

Those Blackwood people really need some anti-virus . I mean even Norton or Macafree would do wonders for them.

Who are you and what have you done with Shrike221 ?!?

2 hours ago, Rakza said:

Who are you and what have you done with Shrike221 ?!?

I am asking myself the same question.

[@Deelena](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/261527-deelena/)

It would be nice to make a short introduction about yourself.

23 hours ago, Koromac said:

[@Deelena](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/261527-deelena/)

It would be nice to make a short introduction about yourself.

Let me try something :

[@Deelena](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/261527-deelena/)How do the Developpers justify the lack of compensation for the Gradually increase in Size (and at the same time Hitbox) on Frigates while players progress in Rank? Why was this problematic ignored for so long? Why was it not a part of the Frigate’s Fleet Upgrades? 

Should the Players consider that the difference in the way Developpers handle Frigate’s Mechanics and Dynamics is biased toward Interceptors and Fighters leading to detrimential opinions in the Frigates Playing Community?

Shrike profile is also almost empty, what happened to him? :’(

45 minutes ago, Rakza said:

Let me try something :

[@Deelena](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/261527-deelena/)How do the Developpers justify the lack of compensation for the Gradually increase in Size (and at the same time Hitbox) on Frigates while players progress in Rank? Why was this problematic ignored for so long? Why was it not a part of the Frigate’s Fleet Upgrades? 

Should the Players consider that the difference in the way Developpers handle Frigate’s Mechanics and Dynamics is biased toward Interceptors and Fighters leading to detrimential opinions in the Frigates Playing Community?

Afaik shield size is uniform for all frigs. Same holds true for fighters and interceptors.

Just now, Scar6 said:

Afaik shield size is uniform for all frigs. Same holds true for fighters and interceptors.

I’m not talking about the Shield here.

And if your statement was true, all the frigates would have the particular Shield Hole against non-explosive weapons. And that’s not the case.

11 hours ago, Rakza said:

I’m not talking about the Shield here.

And if your statement was true, all the frigates would have the particular Shield Hole against non-explosive weapons. And that’s not the case.

Is a frigs hitbox really an issue though? It never occurred to me that the different sizes are problematic on these ships, since they aren’t that reliant on manouverability to tank.

Also: When can we expect a balancing patch? Pvp is getting incredibly boring with only a few distinct meta ships dominating the game.

2 hours ago, Scar6 said:

Is a frigs hitbox really an issue though? It never occurred to me that the different sizes are problematic on these ships, since they aren’t that reliant on manouverability to tank.

That’s where you are slightly wrong.

If you play frigates time to time, you don’t feel it. If you play Mass Frigates, it’s painful.

You can feel the difference of Hitbox depending of the weapon firing on you, the frigate you are flying, the Frigate’s Dynamics (Federation/Empire/Jericho) and the Rank of the Frigate.

Low and Med Rank Frigates have a smaller Hitbox making them more effective against Spread and Projectiles. Compare the Hull size of a Crus Q or Templar versus a Tormentor or Inquisitor Series. Same goes for Anaconda vs T-Rex. 

Frigates are reliant on positionning and that is a form of Mobility in most of situations, Federation Frigates are reliant on mobility.