Beat the fit!

FewUcAI.jpg

That guy had so goddamn many experimentals on his guard O.O

I would guess he has been playing for quite a while…

Wow he like one shouted you with minefields and single shot from his gun. What did you do to get killed that easily?

Fly a ricasso…

The moment the propulsion inhibitor hits, you are practicly dead since he can pretty much keep up with you, even worse when you are in a fighter…

I was actually gonna rage about how OP the module is >.< Maybe someone with experience with the module can tell me more about how it’s not OP, but the times I ran into it, it definitly felt OP.

I don’t find them OP at all. Fact is, Guard frigates without their modules are easy prey for Interceptors, and even fighters. Their speed is, well horrible, as well as their turn speed. Their Phase Sheild is also increadably easy to counter. (Change damage type with weapon modifiers). A skilled interceptor pilot can take them down fairly easily. Without a Pulsar/Propulsion inhibitor, they are just sitting ducks… Those two give them a capable defense against close range attacks, such as the Interceptors arc. If you don’t like it, use longer range weapons. I have killed many a guard using my Kalah, and its Stabilized Railguns. 

Yup, stay away from guards when they use there modules, like pulsar and there inhibitors. 

I have a known way to make it great. I have a fellow squad mate ECM them while I waltz on by and plasma arc the crud out of them. Guards are only strong when there modules and shields are up.

The fed implant stops speed inhibition.  Its good stuff. 

I also have full experimental for a guard. I don’t even use them…

The moment the propulsion inhibitor hits, you are practicly dead since he can pretty much keep up with you, even worse when you are in a fighter…

I was actually gonna rage about how OP the module is >.< Maybe someone with experience with the module can tell me more about how it’s not OP, but the times I ran into it, it definitly felt OP.

Speed Inhibition is only OP’d if the Guard spots you. You’re on a CovOps, you could’ve just cloaked and gotten behind him, making his Pulsar and Minefield very much useless. However, as a Guard pilot myself, I cannot survive Ceptor assaults without it and often see myself spending a Minefield or Pulsar cooldown because they just come out of nowhere.

So it’s fairly balanced, it depends on your skill as a pilot whether you can kill each other or not. Yes, Purples help a bit in that aspect, but not a whole lot because the damage/cooldown isn’t that much of an advantage.

Experimental guard things has increased range as well, and that is their strongest point. I don’t know the exact stats, but before I can really hit him with my guns, I am already in his inhibitor field, as well as his pulsar range most likely.

It’s still the same, Guards employ area denial tactics. You’re meant to stay the hell away from them altogether, not rush in alone. Very few pilots leave those encounters alive if the Guard is at the hands of a capable pilot.

My kite has about 97 distance to thermal. Aka I can survive about 5 hits of pulsar before it hits hull. Though with heals from a fellow engineer I will not die…

My kite has about 97 distance to thermal. Aka I can survive about 5 hits of pulsar before it hits hull. Though with heals from a fellow engineer I will not die…

And Pulsar + Minefields?

And Pulsar + Minefields?

its either one or the other, not both. 

its either one or the other, not both. 

I dump both if I’m near a Beacon or Station. The extra dps is… pretty cool in killing a handful of Ceptors.