basic or advanced control settings help more in game?

hey, I was just wondering what you guys and girls use for your control settings and why, and if this is posted in the wrong section I’m sorry.

Basic control seems to be more practial in most cases.

From what little i tried advanced control, i think they allow you to aim futher without changing your ship angle as much. As someone else made topic a while ago, it could be usefull to be able to switch to it in-game, for some ocasions.

I went with Expert initially. Several weeks later, I was advised to try Basic. Never going back.

With Basic controls, you’re able to hit and deal damage (even if not by all your turrets) to enemies in a full 360 degrees around your ship, and it gives you much better maneuverability, awareness of your surroundings and ability to track targets. With Expert, your view is locked to the hull of your ship, which limits your awareness and confines your firing arc to about 90 degrees. I really can’t think of any situation where Expert would be superior to Basic.

I use Expert to solve the issue of Interceptors circling during lag.  No other reason.  

Yeah, basic is more easy in dogfight and generally. It give you more seeing in the battle and let a lot of control to the AI.

Expert controls are for me for two use :

• Fun at first ! Yeah, no much fun to bo in expert controls with view. Better immersion in the game.

- Aiming : When I take my Frig with heavy weapon, I go in expert control, because you know with heavy, in all case you can’t fire backward, your weapon are too slow. So you have more control in you ship, better aiming… AAAAANNNNNDDD MORE FUN :smiley:

Expert mode disables camera rotation, and as a result disables your ability to fire into the firing zones behind your immediately visible frontal cone. Which is terrible, as the game is designed with you being able to fire behind yourself with some of your turrets.

In the keybinder section of the settings, you can actually bind toggle controls (normal or expert) to a key,

when i am shooting a target far away, i toggle expert to aim better which is quite useful

In the keybinder section of the settings, you can actually bind toggle controls (normal or expert) to a key,

when i am shooting a target far away, i toggle expert to aim better which is quite useful

nice idea i will give that a go !!!

Cheers for the tip