"Banned" ! gear from Leagues

Just wondering, after  reading the recent post regarding the “banned” gear…Why waste time and make that ENDLESS list of gear that have been banned from Leagues, especially when that mode is so unpopular and the player base suffers regardless what some may preach. Just remove that mode and get it over with.

These modes have been in this game and would participate in that game mode, why remove them after all this time. Were they implemented in error and we just realized that or is it just suffle and serve and then repeat. Frankly speaking, I see NOTHING whatsoever that would motivate the existing players not to bail out, for the ones that left or simply taking an ultra long break would be just wishful thinking to hope for their return.

How about you guys, meaning the heads up, do sopmething to save this game. Something that would have a real and obvious impact instead off mediocre measures that even in short term create only negativity.

Leagues are a really under-appreciated  part of the game simply because of a few dedicated league teams that continuously dominate it and make it pointless for everyone else. Imho it should be merged with normal PvP to both increase player count and incentivize PvP more. Maybe PvP could work like a rotating mode where only a few hours of the day it changes to “for ranking” instead of “for fun”.

I like SCL. At least we have predetermined teams, we know each other and it’s most interesting of all PvP aspects. It is underpopulated, true. And no - don’t merge it with PvP. SCL is what should be called “normal PvP” - no bots, pure skill. 

3 minutes ago, OwnageMaster said:

I like SCL. At least we have predetermined teams, we know each other and it’s most interesting of all PvP aspects. It is underpopulated, true. And no - don’t merge it with PvP. SCL is what should be called “normal PvP” - no bots, pure skill. 

Normal PvP should be called Normal PvP with no bots and just pure skill.

10 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Normal PvP should be called Normal PvP with no bots and just pure skill.

Well I agree with that. But at this moment the only proper pvp mode is SCL, so please, please - don’t even suggest it to be removed.

8 minutes ago, OwnageMaster said:

Well I agree with that. But at this moment the only proper pvp mode is SCL, so please, please - don’t even suggest it to be removed.

I do not suggest it be removed. I suggest it be integrated in to normal PvP. More players. No bots. Greater reward. More incentive to play PvP.

41 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I do not suggest it be removed. I suggest it be integrated in to normal PvP. More players. No bots. Greater reward. More incentive to play PvP.

how exactly would it work? SCL is based on pre-made teams that cannot fit into normal PvP. 

53 minutes ago, OwnageMaster said:

how exactly would it work? SCL is based on pre-made teams that cannot fit into normal PvP. 

Disband teams and let PvP go back to normal. Doh. XD

2 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

While I agree with this the fact of the matter is one, we do have an issue and that is the low player count. Not just in that game mode, which is great as is, but in general and had that in mind when posted. Why limit the number/type of gear of a mode that is already suffering instead off finding ways to increase player interest. I bet before all those weapons/mods got the ban hammer, some folks took the time to review them and for some reason find them inappropriate. That amount of efford should have been put down to make that mode and the overall game more popular. In short, stop wasting time to figure what to remove and how to shuffle [just to present a “new” image] but do something actual.

Well - people asked for a mode where skills are playing the bigger role than the build and will promote strict teamplay - hence SCL. It’s not very popular because people are too lazy to bother with team building and practice. It has nothing to do with random PvP - if SCL would be removed, those players will try their play in PvP and then just leave. 

imho bots in pvp are not really a factor, as in most games they do not persist long enough, to make any impact. and if they are present, the population is too low anyway. it’s a gimmick, which i would remove aswell.

SCL focuses on small scale pvp, any random match has more players and variety in it, there is just nothing interesting in a cookie cutting 5v5 mode, even if its better than the 4v4 mode it once was; if i want to play “skill based” “small scale” pvp games, i just play another game entirely. simply because star conflict was always designed as a f2p arena shooter for medium sized battles. below 6v6, most of the ships do not make a lot of sense, even 8v8 often feels incomplete, 10v10 and 12v12 is where the game shines, because it is arcady, fast paced, and most of the imbalanced* stuff gets “ironed out” if you have more chaotic environments.

The problem with SCL was always, that it simply came too late. And by introducing it, a lot of effort was put into making people go over there, if they want squad based pvp, by discouraging them to get games otherwise, or even the ability to play at all.

Instead of moving, people left. Who would have guessed.

That mode would have made a lot of sense in 2013&2014 when the population was craving it. The system might have helped tournaments in general by providing the mechanics for it. In fact I would have concentrated on developing it more for that purpose, and I also think the appeal came for that, which made me an initial supporter, when I first saw that mode’s ladder mechanics being introduced (but not yet as SCL)

Personally, I felt it tiring, to prepare for a “true skill based game”, to see the other team just rushing beacons, abusing current op/meta ships, etc., so I understand measures taken against that, but I can also understand why the thread starter argues like he does.

*) note: imbalance for me does not mean it is not valid, or already op; some imbalance is healthy.

I actually want to learn about true pilot combat skills in PvP, but failed to learn about them…

Some are bots, rests are 2 cases.

1. Who plays well but do not even try earn objectives.

1. Beginners

So players who do objectives and play well are fairly rare.

Try to play SC leagues but only 7-9 ranks and there are banned weapons and modules…

So what game mode should I play to learn skills?