Balance of F2P & P2P #2 *UPDATED*

The developers are ruining this game…

This game was once fun, I used to come home after work to sit down and have fun in PvP with my friends and now that is impossible… The developers have developed a greed that is incurable and they do not care, their latest actions prove this even though Pandora’s box was opened when R14 Destroyers came out. T he Thar’Ga is everything that is wrong with this game, it has modules that do not follow past characteristics of the game at all, and it costs a small four tune to level, the developers get away with this because it has said modules… it promised that you will dominate and you do. Miffule(don’t care if I spelled that wrong) is the best example of this, as I am writing this I just got done with SCL’s with a newer corp on one of my mains(YummyTummy) NASA was the opposing team and we got our strategy down and whatever else, 6 seconds later our Vigilant(500k srv) was killed—just shreaded by this fc* of a player because he seems to think abusing broken mechanics is okay…(we got spawn camped, could not do anything(even run for those who will say "run) ) I don’t understand how the developers do not see this  as… a litteral shi* fest… this game is broken thanks to this ship and will not recover, I see people building it 2-3 times a second and thats only going to get worse… soon you will have spawn killing GAME breaking Thar’Ga’s out number basic ships 2:1 and there will be no more game play.

You all loved my first balance post, how about we show the developers they cant do whatever the hell they want for money by not building destroyers? Seems they are useless anyway now 2.5x damage to something that did not need it at all because they are idiotic Russians who cant sit down and talk about patches. 

screenshot-170202-182317.jpg.c22e45738e14b5ad5eb68f03bf8311c5.jpg

Just now, IFreakinLoveBass said:

This game was once fun, I used to come home after work to sit down and have fun in PvP with my friends and now that is impossible… The developers have developed a greed that is incurable and they do not care, their latest actions prove this even though Pandora’s box was opened when R14 Destroyers came out. T he Thar’Ga is everything that is wrong with this game, it has modules that do not follow past characteristics of the game at all, and it costs a small four tune to level, the developers get away with this because it has said modules… it promised that you will dominate and you do. Miffule(don’t care if I spelled that wrong) is the best example of this, as I am writing this I just got done with SCL’s with a newer corp on one of my mains(YummyTummy) NASA was the opposing team and we got our strategy down and whatever else, 6 seconds later our Vigilant(500k srv) was killed—just shreaded by this fc* of a player because he seems to think abusing broken mechanics is okay…(we got spawn camped, could not do anything(even run for those who will say "run) ) I don’t understand how the developers do not see this  as… a litteral shi* fest… this game is broken thanks to this ship and will not recover, I see people building it 2-3 times a second and thats only going to get worse… soon you will have spawn killing GAME breaking Thar’Ga’s out number basic ships 2:1 and there will be no more game play.

You all loved my first balance post, how about we show the developers they cant do whatever the hell they want for money by not building destroyers? Seems they are useless anyway now 2.5x damage to something that did not need it at all because they are idiotic Russians who cant sit down and talk about patches. 

screenshot-170202-182317.jpg.c22e45738e14b5ad5eb68f03bf8311c5.jpg

This picture is a older one of our entire team getting spawn killed by those 2. 

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Tourism-g60922-Salt_Lake_City_Utah-Vacations.html

Yesterday Milf had to face my rank 8 Phoenix engineer and had to deal with my Phoenix drones in his rank 15 Thar’ga op close range. He needed quite some time to finish me - no one shot - haha. Thats my revenge!

7 hours ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

I am not natural English speaker and can not fully understand your options. You connect Tharga critique with estimated end of game  question. I cannot answer this, because the one I answer yes the other part I answer no…

Please rephrase . It must be in polls: one statement per vote. Bad is to merge 2 or more not necessarily related statements.

Please give me choice: I do not like any of the options to choose from, because every option is of same sort.

I’d say game is in heavy development and developers just try to balance by aquired data and bug reports. We are beta testers . End of year it more or less will be fine and the game SC has totally new ship tree, ship development and set of ships for the future…

They just not communicate enough…

This seem to be the initation speech of salt lake city?

Out of that: I’m done with PvP(mainly because of PvP only events/missions) a long time ago.

It’s currently Tharga, but will happen after that? They don’t seem to test before they introduce things or just ignored reports/feedback. Can’t be true, that something so powerful pass w/o being noticed as strong…

Xenon: cities do not have initation speeches? What you mean? What you mean by referring to Salt Lake city? Church of Mormon missionaries?

6 hours ago, xKostyan said:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Tourism-g60922-Salt_Lake_City_Utah-Vacations.html

I see what you did there ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

jPydeCj.png

Milf : this is your self-announced downfall / ruin ! From now (after P2W) your pilot specs will only fall, you will fall!! As a virtual warrior you still have to learn a lot!

5 hours ago, avarshina said:

I am not natural English speaker and can not fully understand your options. You connect Tharga critique with estimated end of game  question. I cannot answer this, because the one I answer yes the other part I answer no…

Please rephrase . It must be in polls: one statement per vote. Bad is to merge 2 or more not necessarily related statements.

Please give me choice: I do not like any of the options to choose from, because every option is of same sort.

I’d say game is in heavy development and developers just try to balance by aquired data and bug reports. We are beta testers . End of year it more or less will be fine and the game SC has totally new ship tree, ship development and set of ships for the future…

They just not communicate enough…

I speak and read English fine and noticed the options are kinda pigeon-holing us (aka they’re all the same answer essentially). I don’t think it’s just you having a hard time answering this pool.

There are at least a couple other plausible reasons the game is in it’s current state regarding the Thar’ga. I’ll be the first to complain that they’re pretty OP right now, but I wouldn’t necessarily attribute it to “evil” intents. It could be they just messed up the balancing with it and people are just exploiting OP combinations. They nerfed destroyers into the ground, so they’re clearly not shy with the nerf hammer. So the most “evil” scenario I can think of is that they want people to buy the Thar’ga stuff while it’s OP, then they’ll nerf it once they’re happy with the income it generated.

I don’t have a Thar’ga so I don’t really know how much that stuff costs, but right now I’m just sticking to lower rank games, maxing out my ships.

14 hours ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

I just got done with SCL’s with a newer corp on one of my mains(YummyTummy)

Ah this explains a lot about you and your ignorance actually.

Here’s my two cents on your QQ:

1. You only play destros and now they are nerfed. So therefore you are literally at the bottom of the barrel. Yet instead of trying to adapt to the changing game you instead write some crybaby post on the forums complaining about how the only ship you know how to fly is now no longer a way for you to play and get easy frags.
  2. You then attribute the balance changes to having the devs “only listen to the p2w players” or however you say it.
  3. To further self-fulfill your ignorance, you dismiss any criticism of your opinion and instead of trying to counter it you then start another pointless QQ thread on the forums to desperately grab the developer’s attention.
  4. This thread will obviously lead to nowhere but yet another back-and-forth about hurrdurrOPships and hurrdurrthey’renotOPships exchange between forum goers without any input from a CM or dev.

How does it feel to be a part of the problem? I don’t know what’s worse, your personal attack on another player in multiple threads or your inability to cope with changes in a video game/asinine whining about how your way of playing a game (_which has multiple ways of becoming successful) _is no longer the “superior” way.

2 hours ago, TaseR said:

the options are kinda pigeon-holing us (aka they’re all the same answer essentially). I don’t think it’s just you having a hard time answering this pool.

They are. There are no options for the contrary POV, so the answers to OP’s poll are rigged. Don’t even bother trying to answer it.

2 hours ago, TaseR said:

I don’t have a Thar’ga so I don’t really know how much that stuff costs, but right now I’m just sticking to lower rank games, maxing out my ships.

It doesn’t cost anything other than maybe an hour a day of playing the game for two weeks to get all the parts. Which is precisely what I did before I re-retired.

And good thing you are maxing out your ships before moving on - that will help you gain a deeper understanding of the game. More people need to do that.

The purpose of destroyers was to cash grab.

The purpose of the alien ships is to cash grab.

Whatever comes after that will be to cash grab.

and to encourage consumers onto the next op thing, they nerf the previous thing.

When “alien ships” came out right after t5 destroyers and the ability to build them was removed it confirmed my beliefs about the economic model. Granted I’ll still probably build a T5 emp destro just for the laser weapon when they finally re-add them to the game, but…

Most of us played this game for the three-dimensional arena style gameplay. Now that economic model has taken over the game appears to be bad because it’s no longer about three-dimensional arena style gameplay, but an environment to create demand to push sales.

This is why all free to play games with a cash shop are xxxx. Take this as a lesson. Don’t complain just do what I did with my disgust and instead of shitposting on the forums and pretending things will get better while continuing to funnel my money into this company, just quit. Only occasionally checking in to see if the game has either improved or shut down. Although to be honest the main thing driving my departure was the irresponsible behavior from the support staff. How they betrayed me is what pushed my opinion of this game to a terminal one and is why I advise anybody who asks me about this game to stay away unless they’re willing to spend hundreds of dollars, as well as put up with a large number of things I won’t discuss here because I’m sure I already have aggro from the moderation team. As far as destroyers go,  while I usually have a broad dislike for destroyers, only wanting one in the first place to use the game mechanics the developers introduced to make potential customers quit before they spend too much money, how they’re handling them while conceptually correct is too broad handed and makes me disgusted how they would run a cash grab like that and immediately devalue their customers trying to move them onto the next thing.  If it’s offensive for any reason it’s because it’s like a statement from the developers that they think you’re stupid enough to go for it.

Of course I’ll probably get denounced for this or whatever. I understand. There’s a point for most people when they’re so invested time and money wise that they’ll defend what they’ve invested to the last. It’s just human nature. I’m just happy if they’re still having fun. That will always be my philosophy. If you’re having fun then if you want to spend money there’s nothing wrong with that, but if you feel you must spend money to have fun then you have encountered a business model not a game.

Now I’m going to go back to what I was doing. I’ve already had enough of this game just checking out the forums again. This game had such potential. It’s really the economic model and support staff that let it down. What a shame.

2 hours ago, Mecronmancer said:

Ah this explains a lot about you and your ignorance actually.

Here’s my two cents on your QQ:

1. You only play destros and now they are nerfed. So therefore you are literally at the bottom of the barrel. Yet instead of trying to adapt to the changing game you instead write some crybaby post on the forums complaining about how the only ship you know how to fly is now no longer a way for you to play and get easy frags.
  2. You then attribute the balance changes to having the devs “only listen to the p2w players” or however you say it.
  3. To further self-fulfill your ignorance, you dismiss any criticism of your opinion and instead of trying to counter it you then start another pointless QQ thread on the forums to desperately grab the developer’s attention.
  4. This thread will obviously lead to nowhere but yet another back-and-forth about hurrdurrOPships and hurrdurrthey’renotOPships exchange between forum goers without any input from a CM or dev.

How does it feel to be a part of the problem? I don’t know what’s worse, your personal attack on another player in multiple threads or your inability to cope with changes in a video game/asinine whining about how your way of playing a game (_which has multiple ways of becoming successful) _is no longer the “superior” way.

They are. There are no options for the contrary POV, so the answers to OP’s poll are rigged. Don’t even bother trying to answer it.

It doesn’t cost anything other than maybe an hour a day of playing the game for two weeks to get all the parts. Which is precisely what I did before I re-retired.

And good thing you are maxing out your ships before moving on - that will help you gain a deeper understanding of the game. More people need to do that.

I am not ignorant, I don’t even understand how your saying I can’t cope with changes, this ship(Thar’Ga and destroyer rebalance(not even needed))  isn’t a change!! It’s a big fuc* you to everyone who doesn’t spend money? This is not a normal change like a new weapon this is a purpose act to extort money via modules that shouldn’t be in the game and mechanics that don’t adhere to the previous game at all. I am the farthest thing from ignorant… you don’t understand what is happening to this game because you are blinded. Let me ask you this: do you remember what this game was like before destroyers? When every ship had a role and that was fine? Do you really? Supporting this idiotic action by the developers shows you do not. 

24 minutes ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

I am not ignorant, I don’t even understand how your saying I can’t cope with changes, this ship(Thar’Ga and destroyer rebalance(not even needed))  isn’t a change!! It’s a big fuc* you to everyone who doesn’t spend money? This is not a normal change like a new weapon this is a purpose act to extort money via modules that shouldn’t be in the game and mechanics that don’t adhere to the previous game at all. I am the farthest thing from ignorant… you don’t understand what is happening to this game because you are blinded. Let me ask you this: do you remember what this game was like before destroyers? When every ship had a role and that was fine? Do you really? Supporting this idiotic action by the developers shows you do not. 

majority of thar’gas in t5 pvp now were obtained for FREE

Pretty much right. Everyone who was not complaing but doing their xeno quests instead now owns a t5 thar’ga with a considerable amount of strength. If you are not willing to spent that much time on the game. I understand that people, I really do. But don’t talk about P2W where there is none. P2W means that only people who pay have acces to very strong ships. But that’s simply not the case. Anyone willing to spend some of his lifetime has acces to this strong ship (yeah it may be a bit overpowered (but it can be bought without the use of real money)).

This is absolutely despicable behaviour.

If you have something to contribute, either make a constructive suggestion or speak to the game staff in a REASONABLE tone.

Don’t you DARE EVER  use this tone on the forums again.

/closed