Back after 1 year break. Any tips?

Hello everyone!

I’ve been in a long break of the game for more than 1 year (since the introduction of destroyers) and yesterday I noticed the update in the steam client and I though I could give it a try again.

So I joined the game and well, I’m amazed to see that all the new ships introduced are all “parts” ships, including the destroyers, the semi premium ships, and that new alien faction ship, that you seem to “grow up”

Cool I guess.

Then I proceeded to join a tier 5 game, and man, my builds suck! I expected to be rusted and be in the middle of the table, but for some reason all my fed ships now suck (then I saw the nerf to adaptives…), my weapons don’t do any damage (even if they are full purple) and everyone and their mother is flying ECM, destroyers and that targa ship. The only game I did well was in the good old domination mode with my recon. For some reason people seem to have forgotten how to play recons properly. Good for me I guess.

Well, new meta, that is right.

Any tips or any big mechanic changes I should be aware of? I’ve seen a lot of new effects, but I don’t know if there are new modules or just reworked effects (I noticed the plasma web in the Cov Op has a new effect)

Thanks in advance!

break for another 1 year ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Hi, welcome back.

I also just returned after almost a year of break. What I noticed is the in-game buffs. Depend on the queue and your lineup you get buffs so the Rank 9 ships get extra resists and damage in T5 games. (I know, there is no T5 but I’m old ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) )
So I started to build the ships more to buff instead of resist when I play low rank ships in higher tiers.
Also I’m not sure you was here or don’t but they nerf your modules if you put the same kind multiple times. So no more 3xIR scanner, but there is a small p2w cheat, you can use 4example spatial scanner to get the same effect, but with a different module.

Since the patch from yesterday the guards looks fun again. The inties got nerfed alot, you can only shoot forward and no alternative movements.
The adaptive change f*cked up my builds as well. But its fun to find some new working one.

Last suggestion, try to get an alien ship asap. the new xeno missions are easier to finish if you have a thar’ga. Send your ships to collect the fighter parts, farm some xeno.

Ahh in TeamDeathmathc spawncamp count as 3 and damage is buffed. Its so f*cked up. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Check out my signature, read the guides, read some news and you’re good to go.

RFB sux atm., but the new kinetic gun is maybe nice for your ceptor style.

Well, except triple heatsink black bomber - havent tried it with the recent guard buff yet. But as I recall, you weren’t an RFB user anyway ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

as there are missions to complete with maximum possessed ranked ship in a faction equipped, having a tharga - even if you cant use it in battle - helps finishing them in any rank above 5. After all, that one single ship is definitely the highest rank in ellydium.

some niche ships are very strong, like gargoyle and dart aswell. be sure to read their abilities.

the underrank buff of “hard” tier (as there are only 3 queues now) as gizmo described also gives lots of opportunities to try t4 ships now, as they might lack all the abilities, but make up in being tough in dealing and getting damage. it’s also affecting r5-r7 in medium (~old t3), with some special modules (Kite-E, Ghost, Phoenix, Reaper,…) only available to certain ships in various slots. Similarly, there are exclusive modules for the Karud the shield module which acts kinda like a passive short range IR pulsar, I am however not recalling every single ship in this.

Just now, Eviscerador said:

Any tips or any big mechanic changes I should be aware of?

NqQoDzL.png

You have noticed for sure the lower queue times. That’s sweet. Even with squads the queue time is low or nonexistent. You get rewards for playing in squads and you can find other players to squad easily. There is a window now for that. Thar’ga is losing ground or the players I meet in them lately weren’t that skilled like when Thar’ga was released. Destroyers have a 2,5x damage multiplier if you hit them from 750m or less.

But above all this is nice to have someone else who speak spanish in the game and the forum. ![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”)

Bienvenidos, uno más ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)