So I’m really (REALLY) new to the forums and the Star Conflict game as a whole. I’ve been playing for a couple of months, but only recently started digging into the forums. I cannot seem to manage getting a picture/avatar into my profile. I’ve got a small image tucked into Photobucket, and I’ve got the URL… but when I enter it into the slot it grinds for a few secs, then returns an empty picture frame containing a “broken” image symbol. I’ve also tried uploading directly from my home computer with the same results. The image is 250 x 300 pixels and is 17 Kb. I know I must be missing a key element or step, but can’t figure it out. Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

HammerSwinger

aka blacksmith [LAMPA]

Have you tried saving the image and uploading it from your PC? also 250x300 is kinda big.

The size is fine, it gets adjusted automatically. But Photobucket does not easily allow direct linking so uploading from your PC is indeed the easiest solution.

The image was originally from my PC and when the upload from my PC to my profile avatar failed, that’s when I resorted to using my Photobucket online image host site. BOTH have failed. I clicked the UPLOAD button, navigated to the image on my PC, and clicked OK… the little blinky lights blinked for about 3 secs… then the generic blank-head-and-shoulders avatar was replaced by an empty frame except for the little “broken photograph” icon. No other feedback. No error messages. That’s why I asked for guidance.

So… efforts to upload from both my online image host and my own PC have failed. What am I doing wrong??

Just added an image to my signature block, so I know I can accomplish that. In fact I used the image I had intended to use for my AVATAR.

Seems they broke the forums again, I can’t change my avatar at all, anything I upload always looks like my current one with the dimensions of the new one, and remote images don’t work at all. Maybe someone else can figure it out, residente just recently changed his avatar, what’s the secret? :wink:

Seems they broke the forums again, I can’t change my avatar at all, anything I upload always looks like my current one with the dimensions of the new one, and remote images don’t work at all. Maybe someone else can figure it out, residente just recently changed his avatar, what’s the secret? :wink:

Guess I did it before it got screwed, I tried to put that image of him in my avatar and it doesn’t work, uploaded it to imgur and doesn’t matter. So I have no idea about how to fix it (if it’s possible).

So I have no idea about how to fix it (if it’s possible).

Use your connections to tell those responsible for the mess. :wink:

Okay… so it’s not something that I am doing incorrectly? Great! I join the forums and somehow that event coincides with a catastrophic AVATAR/GRAPHIC failure. What kinda message is that , eh? I DOOMED!

Use your connections to tell those responsible for the mess. :wink:

They are working on it.