Assists

I am sure a game like this will have a Combat record so we can see how we are doing. I played Battlestar Galactica Online and one of the major problems with the game was the lack of assists on the kill record.

Lack of assists leaves Supports Units, Low Skill and any tactic besides High DPS in the cold when it comes to Combat Records. Meaning if Player A, B and C attack a ship and Player A fit for EWAR does 25% Damage and uses Mods that weaken the enemy, Player B has lower XP or worse Equipment does 35% Damage and Player C fit for DPS does 40% Damage and only Player C gets the kills it becomes a drag to be new or in a support role because your record suffers. A Kill Player C may not have gotten without the support of teammates. So Player C racks up 90% of the Kills but only say 30% of the Deaths.

These reasons often made me forgo fleet combat in BGO because while dozens of ships were destroyed I never got credit but every time the 20 guys shooting me got me I got a lose. Which is why I went solo 90% of the time to keep a positive record even though I preferred fleets.

So I think it would be a good idea to ether count a kill as a kill to everyone who helped or give them an assisted kill.

Yea, one thing i hate in alot of games is that theres no reward for being a support player. I think theres one game that does the assist thing nicely. Where it detects how much damage you do to someone. If you do under 50% damage and the person dies you get an assist. If you do over 50% damage and the person dies you get a critical assist which will net you the same amount of xp/points as a kill would have.

Also i think the stats should show. KIlls*, Deaths, Assist, Killing blows, Total Damage done, Total damage tanked, Total damage healed, Total support done*.

*For Kills, It should count any target that you did over 40% damage to.

*For total support done, You should add a value to each supporting action. Aka. Scouting a target gets you 100 support points, Slowing down a target 30 points, damaging a targets subsection 10 points, scrambling sensors 20 points, capturing a target 50 points… etc…

Also i think the stats should show. KIlls*, Deaths, Assist, Killing blows, Total Damage done, Total damage tanked, Total damage healed, Total support done*.

Oh and a list of kills and losses by class like Ceptors, Fighters, Frigs, Dreads killed and losed.

Yea that would be nice. Also why we are on the topic of stats that could be kept. I think it would funny if you had a stat for the users most common word said. Just cause… Why not.

At the moment there is a reward system for assists, which you will see when beta starts.

Personally, this is the bad thing about WoT as well. I don’t think “kills” should even be recorded. Like WoT, the XP is based on actual damage, not kills. Should be like this in Star Conflict too (if it isn’t) and damage numbers or XP gained should be listed instead of kills.

Yha you win xp if you help friends to kill a player, but zero xp if you kill guardian drones ;(

Please dont post beta related information on open forums.

Error,

have you ever played bsgo?

I played it in closed beta, but only a few days.