Artifacts and Mk4 upgrade costs

In case you don’t know what artifacts are for (probably the most asked question in the general chat).
Artifacts are mainly used for upgrading equipment (weapons and modules) from Mk3 to Mk4. Mk4 is the highest level and the MK4 equipment in the equipment view has a purple color.

Artifacts can also be refined to Iridium in your corporation and can be used to change the logo of your corporation and in the future it is supposed to be used to get a dreadnought … 

Here is an overview on how many artifacts it costs to upgrade equipment in the various ship ranks.

| Passive Modules | 10 | 45 | 110 | 150 | 180 |
| Active Modules | 13 | 60 | 150 | 210 | 250 |
| Weapon | 20 | 90 | 220 | 300 | 360 |

Rank 1-3 = Tier 1, Rank 4-6 = Tier 2, Rank 7-9 = Tier 3, Rank 10-12 = Tier 4, Rank 13-15 = Tier 5

Here is now how many artifacts you need to spend per ship to fully upgrade them to Mk4.

| 1 -2 | 2A | 46 |
| 3 | 2A 1P | 56 |
| 4 | 2A 2P | 300 |
| 5 | 3A 3P | 405 |
| 6 | 3A 4P | 450 |
| 7 | 3A 5P | 1220 |
| 8 | 4A 6P | 1480 |
| 9 | 4A 7P | 1590 |
| 10 | 4A 8P | 2340 |
| 11 - 12 | 4A 9P | 2490 |
| 13 - 15 | 4A 9P | 2980 |

To show you the relationship of vouchers to artifacts here an overview on how many vouchers you need per 1 artifact.

| Passive Modules | 600 | 444 | 681 | 1000 | 1000 |
| Active Modules | 461 | 333 | 500 | 714 | 720 |
| Weapon | 450 | 333 | 511 | 750 | 750 |

Of course you need a lot of vouchers and artifacts to fully upgrade equipment to Mk4/purple. But this comparison shows you on how many vouchers you need to gain per battle in relation to how much artifacts you need to loot per battle.

Here is how many total vouchers you need per ship:

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/21874-mkiii-modules-loyalty-vouchers-and-you/?p=241681](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21874-mkiii-modules-loyalty-vouchers-and-you/?p=241681)

Here you can see how many vouchers you get per contract:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmwPJVaL2FbXdFA3YXc1LXh2blBBamQyNDlRTnd2T1E&usp=sharing

Pinned. Thanks for this.

Mk4 is the highest level

That’s not exactly true. Mk4 is the highest upgradeable level. We know about Mk5 equipment out there.

That’s not exactly true. Mk4 is the highest upgradeable level. We know about Mk5 equipment out there.

Well how many of the hundreds or thousands of players have Mk5 and how much Mk5 is there? Is that something easily achievable?

Well how many of the hundreds or thousands of players have Mk5 and how much Mk5 is there? Is that something easily achievable?

There is only one recorded case of MK5 equipment and that was given as a gift to a player that got max fleet strength first. 

There is only one recorded case of MK5 equipment and that was given as a gift to a player that got max fleet strength first. 

Lexx our INN reporter has 1 too because of his contribution to the Russian INN

Ah thanks for mentioning that. Didnt know that. 

Yeah, the INN guys typically get them. I remember that T4 Mk.5 one, “Gift of the Emperor”, going to another one of them long ago.

That’s a lot of artifacts needed for upgrading. Well, considering that the lower marks are either hard or simply inconvenient to upgrade to, it shouldn’t be too difficult to hoard up that many (like 1k+) especially when you’re already at T4/T5.

Good guide, by the way.

Thank You.

1k artifacts is not hard mid/high Tier but depends on how well you play PvP and/or PvE as you get loot only for win’s (or after 1st stage in PvE). You can complete contracts and get vouchers without winning. But depending on what contract you signed and mode you play you sometimes don’t get anything despite your best effort and still losing the match.

Voucher vs Artifacts is rather complex math (since you need vouchers to use your artifacts for upgrades) as there are so many variables and some are out of your control.

In the beginning I believed vouchers are the most hard to get “resource” but now I think that it depended on my situation back then. If I would have rushed one ship line in each faction to the end of the next Tier of what I was playing (Rank 9 and then Rank 12). It would have been easier to get vouchers. And using the rushed ship lines in PvE would also helped in getting more artifacts.

If you have GS/money then artifacts are not a problem as you can buy some big packages with GS when you see a good deal during looting.

Well done Enny! :)wt

That’s a lot of artifacts needed for upgrading. Well, considering that the lower marks are either hard or simply inconvenient to upgrade to, it shouldn’t be too difficult to hoard up that many (like 1k+) especially when you’re already at T4/T5.

Good guide, by the way.

I have 9k artifacts now, and I see them a way to save credits instead of picking the purple kit to myself.

The great wall in progression are vouchers, not artifacts. I have like 30 Mk4 kits in T4 waiting for having enough vouchers to upgrade stuff to blue.

I have 9k artifacts now, and I see them a way to save credits instead of picking the purple kit to myself.

The great wall in progression are vouchers, not artifacts. I have like 30 Mk4 kits in T4 waiting for having enough vouchers to upgrade stuff to blue.

If you use GS or credits at looting then you are short on vouchers.

:good:  Hmm I could have sworn I said Well done Again Enny !    Must have been one of your other informative threads. 

If you use GS or credits at looting then you are short on vouchers.

I’m just short of vouchers. I have never used GS on anything except licenses and premium ships. And credits… I think I have over 50M now, so no, they are not a problem also.

What I lack are vouchers, because they are the most time consuming coin in the game.

What I lack are vouchers, because they are the most time consuming coin in the game.

Amen. All the other currencies are basically irrelevant because you should have them coming out of your ears by the time you farmed up the vouchers (unless you’re a tier rusher then credits are probably short). I don’t need credits, I certainly don’t need artifacts, all I need are vouchers, vouchers and plenty more vouchers.

Vouchers are the seemingly most hard to get resource in the game because you are always short on certain voucher factions depending on your play style and ship roles you play.
Looking through the equipment I want to upgrade I mostly need Legion and Vanguard vouchers.

Try it out. Take a screenshot of your vouchers and artifacts. Then play several matches and during looting only select the free artifacts and focus with you contracts not only on one faction. Then tell me how many matches you did, how many of them were won and how many total vouchers and artifacts you got. I did that in T1 (see my economy thread). I’ll test it in T3 but I think the result will be similar which is you get more total vouchers (across all factions) than artifacts .

you get more total vouchers (across all factions) than artifacts .

The thing is that artifacts are optional to use. Same as Eviscerador and probably everyone I usually have a looted upgrade kit already waiting in the warehouse when the vouchers become available. It’s just a strange system that would make more sense if Mk.3 kits were the rare loot and artifacts were the rare and only currency needed for the final (luxury) Mk.4 upgrade.

I agree the voucher/artifact system is broken and the voucher grind gets even more annoying when you have a Mk4 upgrade already waiting in the warehouse for days/weeks. I stopped using credits a couple months ago and go only for the free artifacts since then.