Arkan mod (?) still drawn on cloaked ship

I think it’s the arkon module, or one of the ones that zaps you with a purple spirally thing

Anyway, when an attack ship cloaks, the effect created by the module continues, making it easy to find where the cloaked ship is and shoot it out of cloak. Not sure if this is a ‘feature’ or a graphics bug, but it effectively makes it pointless cloaking when this module is active on you.

I couldn’t get a screenshot of it in game, so I drew this handy comic:

261i1d1.png

LOL

Pues tienes razón, yo también he visto la estela y he podido acertar al enemigo. Supongo que es algún error de gráficos…

Thanks for your report. This bug seems to appear for different modules.

This issue is for all so called Target Pointer Modules. Awl-Em, Energy drainer…

Btw in the Stealth description is something like this. Stealth can only trick simple lock on target skills like missiles and targetting.

Turns out it works both ways. If you activate the mod, then cloak, it still draws from your target back to you

Yes i noticed it yesterday. Went stealth with a running target painter and the target painter showed my position. On deactivation, my cloac was also disabled and yeah 200 hull wasnt enough to survive. xD

should those modules stop working after the target ship cloak… what the point we have Spy Module if you can do the same with other durational debuff module?

Any Target Pointer Modules lock CAN BE BROKEN by breaking line of sight. I don’t know if it’s ok to have this on all the modules, but at least for Target Painter, leave it! It’s the only way to point at a cloaked ship, and with the tiniest smallest skill the attack ship can break LoS and loose the tracker, before cloaking. I love this mechanism, don’t break it pls. It makes playing an attack ship alot more fun for me, and it’s also usefull in taking out the brass that doesn’t know how to break line of sight before cloaking.

Also, leave the other way around aswell, it requires just a bit of skill in remembering to turn off your damn painter if you’re paining someone, before cloaking. It makes the game feel more real and intense, i suppose in a “real” situation before cloaking you should turn all active pings and scans off before doing so no? :slight_smile:

So please, please don’t turn this off. Leave little stuff like this that make the game interesting and unique. Or implement it, if in this form it’s just a bug. Don’t make it so that in any situation you can say "Ah it’s ok, doesn’t matter what happens, i’ll just alt tab a bit while my resistance module is on and after that i’ll just push the god button, “F” "

You can say that you have the nanobots spies for this, but wasting a module just on that it’s not worth it. Leave at least the Target Painter module as it is.

Any Target Pointer Modules lock CAN BE BROKEN by breaking line of sight. I don’t know if it’s ok to have this on all the modules, but at least for Target Painter, leave it! It’s the only way to point at a cloaked ship, and with the tiniest smallest skill the attack ship can break LoS and loose the tracker, before cloaking. I love this mechanism, don’t break it pls. It makes playing an attack ship alot more fun for me, and it’s also usefull in taking out the brass that doesn’t know how to break line of sight before cloaking.

Also, leave the other way around aswell, it requires just a bit of skill in remembering to turn off your damn painter if you’re paining someone, before cloaking. It makes the game feel more real and intense, i suppose in a “real” situation before cloaking you should turn all active pings and scans off before doing so no? :slight_smile:

So please, please don’t turn this off. Leave little stuff like this that make the game interesting and unique. Or implement it, if in this form it’s just a bug. Don’t make it so that in any situation you can say "Ah it’s ok, doesn’t matter what happens, i’ll just alt tab a bit while my resistance module is on and after that i’ll just push the god button, “F” "

You can say that you have the nanobots spies for this, but wasting a module just on that it’s not worth it. Leave at least the Target Painter module as it is.

We will see what we can do about this;)

Could be a problem in 15 vs 15 players, without bots. But if it’s so, i’m sure in can be fixed by increasing it’s cooldown or something easy.

Cloak was removed so this topic is outdated.

/closed moved.