Ariadne's Thread solo guide

But… People are saying that mission is impossible to beat!!!1111ineoneone!!

(Seriously - good job!)

Nice video … Interesting that the only way to complete this mission without using dupes is to be permanently invisible to all AI … Really says something about SC PVE this year …

If you can get a friendly perma-cloak Taikin on your team, they can go do the easy side missions while you take down objectives. Makes for super long and tedious but very rewarding battle.

This wasn’t solo tho.

I bet you would’ve been torn apart in seconds if this had been solo. You had a team keeping the AI busy.

1 hour ago, Progenitor2 said:

This wasn’t solo tho.

I bet you would’ve been torn apart in seconds if this had been solo. You had a team keeping the AI busy.

Here’s a video of PapyMcBites explaining the same exact strat and doing gameplay with it. Notice his teammates. They’re all dead. That ThunderFlames’s teammates were still alive is simply a credit to their own ability, and does not reflect the effectiveness of the ship build or change the underlying point.

I’m aware that the game wasn’t solo, I stated it in the video’s description, I also stated that you can do it solo, I was too lazy to try and get into a game where I would end up doing it by myself.

Also, this^

4 hours ago, Progenitor2 said:

This wasn’t solo tho.

You would lose that bet. As long as he is out of their visual range he is untouchable.

I can solo this map multiple times. Tedious - yes, doable - yes. 

1 hour ago, niripas said:

You would lose that bet. As long as he is out of their visual range he is untouchable.

I can solo this map multiple times. Tedious - yes, doable - yes. 

what ship ?

3 minutes ago, avarshina said:

what ship ?

Taikin, Mauler, Atlas, once did it in Patriarch. I am not recommending that to anyone - it can take 20 minutes to do so… The whole secret is to pop out of cloak to get aggro to specified point, cloak, do the task, pop out to move aggro to another place. And in case of Patriarch - we had the beacons capped, went to the hidey hole.

I think that maybe the point is, that to GUARANTEE a win no matter what , you MUST be invisible … sure a destro team can do it  …  sure a good corp team can do it … sure a random solo player can do it … but to guarantee a 100% win over and over you just plain can’t get hit by the AI …  and that’s the point he’s making , this mission is STUPID… so stupid in fact you must actually hack the AI to win …   Good job with the video and thank for the idea … hopefully the rest of the server will start bringing these ships to random queues and we will have solved the 1,000,000 DPS AI problem for good .

Yet another case of the game dictating how players play.

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Yet another case of the game dictating how players play.

Yeah - it’s called a mission. And objectives.

There are multiple ways for this map, actually - from heavy firepower via mixed intie/dps/tank teams to sneaky, hard hitting ships. Heck, we did it with gunship and a guard. 

3 hours ago, Original_Taz said:

I think that maybe the point is, that to GUARANTEE a win no matter what , you MUST be invisible … sure a destro team can do it  …  sure a good corp team can do it … sure a random solo player can do it … but to guarantee a 100% win over and over you just plain can’t get hit by the AI …  and that’s the point he’s making , this mission is STUPID… so stupid in fact you must actually hack the AI to win …   Good job with the video and thank for the idea … hopefully the rest of the server will start bringing these ships to random queues and we will have solved the 1,000,000 DPS AI problem for good .

No, you just need to use brain. Also hardest hitting ships in this mission are doing up to 10k dps and you have to be like 500m to be hit by all projectiles. My 5k HP recon was hit multiple times and survived it somehow. If that mission is so hard, then why people are farming it (and speedrunning it) for credits?  TF showed how to do this if you have a crappy team. And no - he is not pointing out “you can’t be hit by the AI” - he is pointing out “hey, that’s the easy way to do this”. One of strategies is to have one ship to pickup the aggro while LRF is doing the DPS objectives. No one forces you to play this map if it’s too hard for you. I personally enjoy it as this is the only challenging map that SC has. 

26 minutes ago, niripas said:

Yeah - it’s called a mission. And objectives.

Objectives: capture beacons, kill stations, finish boss.

The only way to complete the objectives: Be permanently invisible, or use 20 dupes.

3 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

The only way to complete the objectives: Be permanently invisible, or use 20 dupes.

Or have one ship to kite aggro and another one to do objectives? Guard and recon can do this mission as well and none of them are perma invisible. The only crucial thing on this map is capping the first two beacons. Then you can just move to the back of the dread and kill enemies one by one while killing the stations. It is hard mission - you have to know the map, timing and what to do, but so is Fire Support. 

38 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

because your type of tactics put peoples in that position, using ships which are invisible or manage through some other tactics to negate any agro from npcs will result in it be redirect to your team member(s) which will die faster due to it and therefor force you into finishing the mission by yourself

that reminds me of an interesting “unrelated” dilemma : “Which came first, the chicken or the egg?”

Guess we’'ll never know, in our case …