Any Freelancer Pilots Here?

I heard about this game from a post on the Discovery Mod forum, and I was just curious how many other Freelancers are here.

Post your in-game name, the mod community you came from, and what faction you played as.

IGN: Soldiers.Fortune

Mod: Discovery

Faction: Junkers

Hello,

I played the story mode at least 10 times and I still like it.

If I remember right, I played on the Discovery Mod in the pirate faction, but I cannot remember my nickname. Maybe I should check if my account is still there.

Are the servers still online?

Best regards

Error

I play Crossfire mod,haven’t tried discovery mod,crossfire is much better,better graphic,more sector,more ships,etc…Moved to new computer and forgot to copy the save file so everything is deleted lol.

Microsoft officially stopped the “Main Servers” (after a massive Attack on them).

It’s meaning that you can’t see anymore which servers are available or online but you can still connect to them !

You just need to find an Online Server or Create your own :smiley: and share/use the Information needed to connect on it :smiley:

Played Discovery Freelancer for 5 years, left it 1.5 years ago though (Void and Hamburg City before that period) 
Some of my friends still play FL, and good number of the players that used to know me as well as i’ve heard. 
Even my SC avatar is from Corsairs (one of the logos) xD

P.S.

I played the story mode at least 10 times and I still like it.

Yeah, and it is still the best campaign i ever played in the space games. Even it’s created 11 years ago :slight_smile:

Microsoft officially stopped the “Main Servers” (after a massive Attack on them).

It’s meaning that you can’t see anymore which servers are available or online but you can still connect to them !

You just need to find an Online Server or Create your own :smiley: and share/use the Information needed to connect on it :smiley:

Actually this is not true, still you can see all the servers when you properly install Discovery Mode (4,87 is actuall one), and that’s “the main” one called Discovery Freelancer (also server name is the same which is the most populated as always) . Fresh Install of Freelancer game and then install Discovery mode which is official from the Discoverygc community and have Microsoft rights as well. 

As far as I am aware, yes the servers hosted by Discovery Gaming Community are still online. Though when I was there last, the population was a lot smaller.

I also tried Crossfire for a time, and I have to say the graphics are so much better. But I installed it for the HD Single Player experience, not Multi. So I have no idea what the community is like.

Whoah, played Freelancer for many years, with all the startrek and starwars mods, but alas Discovery was not one of the ones played :confused: Hadn’t had time to check it out, but is there life in FL still? :slight_smile: It still has a year ahead while waiting for SCitizen :slight_smile:

PS: if you liked FL, check out the Starpoint Gemini 2, more than a few of us FL loonatics are gathering there, the game has a pretty similar feeling :wink:

I used to play Freelancer, stil have a disc somewhere…

i played Freelancer allot when I was younger, still miss it, but I honestly consider star conflict to be a successor to it, and I feel the devs would have a good amount of success emulating freelancer mechanics into the game and looking to it for a good amount of decent gameplay. particularly in open space, where many mechanics can be added for even greater immersion into the game. I feel that it would be a greater draw for pilots when open space is much more like a working galaxy full of trade, pirating player caravans of fresh goods that they were transporting for trading from planet to planet and stations, etc for profit, very lucrative profit. hired to defend those caravans or grouping up to steal everything from a guarded or unguarded player cargo transport, I feel would be very fun and only the tip of the possible iceberg. pvp, pve isn’t the only thing that needs work, we need a consistent playerbade.

My god khan the topic is 3 years old…