Alien ships are too strong.

Alien ships in this game are too strong. I’ve got over 100 hours in the game now, and there is a definitive trend I’m noticing when it comes to every single time I get owned so completely that I just go: “That was BS!”, it’s always an alien ship that got me. 

With every other ship in the game when I lose a fight to it I feel like the pilot outplayed me, I can tell what they did well, what I could have done better, I learn, I move on. 

With alien ships the experience is entirely different. They always beat me with pure cheesy nonsense, never skill. You either get melted in seconds by a Thar’Ga that simply has ten times your firepower for no good reason. You get completely outmaneuvered by a Tai’Kin that you can’t ever even draw a bead on while it dishes out huge punishment, or you shoot a Waz’Got that simply regenerates all your damage if it gets into cover for even just a second or two. 

All of those ships are simply nonsense and no fun to fight against. They beat you by simply being overpowered and cheesy, not by having highly skilled pilots who compete on a level playing field. 

The Object NY18 will OBLITERATE the Ellydium faction … Its a Guard with a better pitch than a Tai’Kin , which means that when the Thar’Ga or Tai’Kin start orbiting you they take constant damage because you can match their orbit speed . the Was’Got is a crap ship and can’t stand against any good guard . from what I’ve seen in PVP lately the Was’Got station got nerfed in a ninja patch , its paper now and not even a minor threat to a guard . as far as the Thar’Ga , the Inhibitor swarm does not affect pitch so their only real weapon against maneuverability is useless on the Object NY18 … as far as the Tai’Kin , the ‘T’Har’Ok’ beamer is so slow now  it doesn’t even exist anymore , easily out maneuvered by the Object NY18 , or any other guard for that matter … the new threats to PVP are the new weapons and modules that are being exploited on tackler and command ships , but again with the right setup the Object NY18 is unaffected by the Loki energy drain abuse and the Lion uses up good module space for what ultimately is useless against the Object NY18 …  Everybody has a Object NY18 , level it and use it in PVP when the map is being overrun with Ellydium ships when that happens they always change to a nerfed destroyer and that leaves you open to OBLITERATE them with a LRF … Hope this helps.

11 hours ago, Aetrion said:

Alien ships in this game are too strong. I’ve got over 100 hours in the game now, and there is a definitive trend I’m noticing when it comes to every single time I get owned so completely that I just go: “That was BS!”, it’s always an alien ship that got me. 

Welcome to the club kid. This is a long time complaint.

1 hour ago, Original_Taz said:

The Object NY18 will OBLITERATE the Ellydium faction … Its a Guard with a better pitch than a Tai’Kin , which means that when the Thar’Ga or Tai’Kin start orbiting you they take constant damage because you can match their orbit speed . the Was’Got is a crap ship and can’t stand against any good guard . from what I’ve seen in PVP lately the Was’Got station got nerfed in a ninja patch , its paper now and not even a minor threat to a guard . as far as the Thar’Ga , the Inhibitor swarm does not affect pitch so their only real weapon against maneuverability is useless on the Object NY18 … as far as the Tai’Kin , the ‘T’Har’Ok’ beamer is so slow now  it doesn’t even exist anymore , easily out maneuvered by the Object NY18 , or any other guard for that matter … the new threats to PVP are the new weapons and modules that are being exploited on tackler and command ships , but again with the right setup the Object NY18 is unaffected by the Loki energy drain abuse and the Lion uses up good module space for what ultimately is useless against the Object NY18 …  Everybody has a Object NY18 , level it and use it in PVP when the map is being overrun with Ellydium ships when that happens they always change to a nerfed destroyer and that leaves you open to OBLITERATE them with a LRF … Hope this helps.

You’ve changed your tune. Didn’t you heavily advocate alien nerfs? I suppose you got what you wanted. They still have movement supremacy though, aside from NY18.

The latest implementation of new meta items has significantly reduced the effectiveness of aliens. The only the thing that made them difficult and caused so much butt-hurt is that they held the title of chief meta. Now they don’t, and that will continue as the rest of the ships get overhauled (hopefully). 

9 minutes ago, WolfInnocence said:

You’ve changed your tune. Didn’t you heavily advocate alien nerfs? I suppose you got what you wanted. They still have movement supremacy though, aside from NY18.

I have ALWAYS been an advocate for PVP/PVE separation rather than nerf . The nerf makes it VERY hard to do PVE with a random N00B squad . If the Thar’Ga/Tai’Kin/Was’Got had not been nerfed , the PVE queues with N00Bs would have a 90% success rate . but Thar’Ga strafe , Tai’Kin main weapon and Was’Got passive heal were nerfed to the point they are mostly useless in PVE … and yes there are those few that you see in a random queue that use these ship VERY well but as a general rule the ships are crap for PVE now , all because of nerfs for PVP .

There are only very few things that cause most of the balance proplems of ellydium ships:

The Antifriction Sphere, which shouldn’t affect strafe acceleration,

The Hive, which can melt any interceptor with the press of one button and zere skill involvement 

and the Gravi Wave, which can instakill anything that tries to capture the central beacon of Monolith Remains.

With those modules fixed, fighting Ellydium should be far less irritating.

Alien ships can be a challenge, yes! And the Ellydium ships are more or less ok the way they are now …

1 hour ago, Scar6 said:

There are only very few things that cause most of the balance proplems of ellydium ships:

The Antifriction Sphere, which shouldn’t affect strafe acceleration,

The Hive, which can melt any interceptor with the press of one button and zere skill involvement 

and the Gravi Wave, which can instakill anything that tries to capture the central beacon of Monolith Remains.

With those modules fixed, fighting Ellydium should be far less irritating.

• And then all Green ships that rely on a strafe get melted by a Tackler with Inhibitor Beam or a guard with a slow field like they are not even there (I do agree that it should not affect strafe acceleration, but it is hardly something OP)

• I have zero problems vs Hive even in fighters, it does not even hit agile interceptors. Hive comes with a lot of downsides - drones can be destroyed by incoming fire, It takes about 30% of HP to activate, you have to prematurely end it’s time to get healing, it does not even heal back fully all the time, since sometimes you manage to avoid your won drone buff heal (it comes in a form of a small cloud to activate), and you sacrifice other better special modules for this crap, if anything Hive need a buff in activation costs.

• Gravi wave is pointless vs all Jericho ships (that supposed to use their new Shield mod which is great) or everyone who uses 9-3 implant, aka plenty of people, plus it is useless vs all self-aware pilots, there are much more useful modules to equip that help your team to win in a tough situation.

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

Alien ships can be a challenge, yes! And the Ellydium ships are more or less ok the way they are now …

bs. wazgot and taikin are still OP AF, as are some modules on the tharga.

only the loki crit thermal burner madness doesnt make it as obvious.

as that only counts in r15 tho, i doubt the poster of this thread even saw that one in action.

51 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

And then all Green ships that rely on a strafe get melted by a Tackler with Inhibitor Beam

i love this standard answer for everything, bring a tackler

its hilarious

while the team tries to hit a slightly slowed taikin jumping around them, most of the time you lose 1/3rd of the team.

of course one could simply ignore that thing, but well, it has 25% capture bonus and can solo larger ships behind lines, and escape 99% of all situations.

51 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

it does not even hit agile interceptors

not what i witnessed. of course, i dont use such modules by principle.

its a dishonorable module imho, as is the craftable strafe module

i am guilty of thermal burning, but only because you just need it sometimes in this meta.

Actually premium tacklers are at the top now, they have enough burst damage to stop hammer time anything, but-only for the skilled people that practice timing otherwise it goes to a fail pretty fast.

18 minutes ago, g4borg said:

its hilarious

while the team tries to hit a slightly slowed taikin jumping around them, most of the time you lose 1/3rd of the team.

of course one could simply ignore that thing, but well, it has 25% capture bonus and can solo larger ships behind lines, and escape 99% of all situations.

Inhibitor beam not only disables AB, it disables all the maneuverability bonuses from Elly Engines since they are active only under AB, and it stops it from “jumping around” by blocking its F. Pair it with Slow Missiles, Gravy Beamer, and at least Engine suppressor but better with new propulsion beamer (or w/e the name for that new “emergency stop beam of love” is) (or why not both inser meme here) and you not just “slightly slow it down” you pretty much render them useless as a combat unit, as long as you are not playing on some stupid map where every thing is open and it is a beacon hunt, but that is hardly a Tacklers or any other ships for that matter problem

If pros weren’t farming the n00bs in low tiers, a post like this would not exist. Elly ships might be op in low tiers, but in the upper ranks they have been nerfed to the ground. So much I dont even use them anymore. Same can be said for destroyers. The reason the op thinks elly ships are op is his is low rank, and is probably seeing a lot of top rank players using low rank ships for an easy game. It won’t matter what they use. So maybe the elly ships aren’t op after all, but this guy is being put up against vets.

4 hours ago, g4borg said:

bs. wazgot and taikin are still OP AF (…)

its hilarious (…)

Wazgot? OP? As a what? Definitely not a healer - it heals at ~50% rate of Naga. And it cannot self-heal in reasonable time - so not a tank either.  Taikin is a meh now with double tap from gauss solving most taikin problems.

Also - what else would you like to bring to counter fast, agile ships - LRF?

1 hour ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

If pros weren’t farming the n00bs in low tiers, a post like this would not exist. Elly ships might be op in low tiers, but in the upper ranks they have been nerfed to the ground. 

They are not. Tharga in T3 sucks. Wazgot cannot even 1v1 vs Styx. Someone was trying to convince me that his T3 Waz’got can beat Styx. We went to custom. It took him two whole minutes of pounding my Styx to destroy it. And I wasn’t even shooting. Then it took me 20 seconds to obliterate that Waz’got. Taikin in T3 is very VERY fragile and anyone with Hyena and a little brain can enjoy target practice.

1 hour ago, niripas said:

Wazgot? OP? As a what? Definitely not a healer - it heals at ~50% rate of Naga.

Are you sure about that? It would be interesting to know how you get this number.

[@John161](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/143536-john161/)He has tested it in custom battle mode

4 hours ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

If pros weren’t farming the n00bs in low tiers, a post like this would not exist. Elly ships might be op in low tiers, but in the upper ranks they have been nerfed to the ground. So much I dont even use them anymore. Same can be said for destroyers. The reason the op thinks elly ships are op is his is low rank, and is probably seeing a lot of top rank players using low rank ships for an easy game. It won’t matter what they use. So maybe the elly ships aren’t op after all, but this guy is being put up against vets.

No, that’s not the problem any more. Battles with pros are 50:50 - the ones you r on their side are ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)  the other ones against them are ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

And even n==bs can have good ships - and look there’s a limited developer base and they doing the right stuff, that is they buff the old silver, golden and secret project ships(hopefully) … So your complains are a thing of the past. All Ellydium ships have their flaws and vulnerabilities… 

6 hours ago, g4borg said:

bs. wazgot and taikin are still OP AF, as are some modules on the tharga.

only the loki crit thermal burner madness doesnt make it as obvious.

as that only counts in r15 tho, i doubt the poster of this thread even saw that one in action.

bs - idk that might be so, but look - they buff and overwork the old ships, weapons and modules and give us many varabilities so as to let the players develop their own metas, multiple metas the same time, like its a strategy they go now. We have to wait untill all the reworked stuff is out, then we can evaluate the possible op-ness of Wazzi and Taikin (energy sucking and engine/aftb disruption is a big problem for me in my Wazzi) - but coming up to me straight in an inty without stategy  i do not fear any longer and that is good

2 hours ago, niripas said:

They are not. Tharga in T3 sucks. Wazgot cannot even 1v1 vs Styx.

I am not sure, I’d say would depend on Wazzi build

13 hours ago, niripas said:

Taikin is a meh now with double tap from gauss solving most taikin problems.

sure.

coz thats how it happens.

maybe for cr0.

their capture speed allows them to still dominate each objective gameplay.

i am not saying, the taikin is as fool proof as it was early on.

most of the time, the real thing that kills them is being overconfident.

Wazgot? OP? As a what? Definitely not a healer - it heals at ~50% rate of Naga. And it cannot self-heal in reasonable time - so not a tank either. 

wazgots can be really hard to take down, due to their abilities. no other engi is that tough and can escape situations like it. of course, that wont show in a 1v1. games are 12v12.

regen isnt tank.

true, their healing ability is not the top, but it doesnt have to be, also, they can use healing guns if they want to keep a single ship alive. so they are not too shabby either.

Also - what else would you like to bring to counter fast, agile ships - LRF?

sarcasm at top level, because coming from you its a bit ironic. you seen me playin LRF much? i dont care so much about my K/D and stats to play sniper holiday.

its not about how to counter fast and agile ships, its about the fact, that in a video game, something that has huge acceleration, turning, and speed, becomes unhittable if you pair it with good ping and some tapping / turning, and then it has jumps, can deploy a fake, etc.

of course i could just reduce my resolution and go back to 4:3 to have insane hitrate, or play tackler all day like in the past.

i find it funny, how the turn keys were removed after years suddenly, when a majority realized how to abuse them. same is for all elly ships. arguing you can kill most of them easily, flown by people you could kill in any ship easily, is not really rocket science

i am only saying, what i can witness, in daily dealings of pvp. i try to keep an open mind. also i am sometimes arguing against the very ships i use. because any player will gravitate to op mechanics. it’s not like you play the regular ships much.

and one must be blind not to notice, that elly is still the most prominent faction in r15. i did not build myself a taikin, because i know i will get stuck in it.

16 hours ago, xKostyan said:

it disables all the maneuverability bonuses from Elly Engines since they are active only under AB,

taikins? with base speeds around 400, acceleration around 200, rots around 200, strafe around 100-150, turning off AB does turn it into a regular (?) interceptor, yes. and yes, that was builds i saw featuring all of this. you cant tell me it disables base stats aswell, or does it?

of course it comes at a cost of being paper. but its paper that escapes any scissors.

he can just hit his multipurpose module, and jump away, press a button to cloak duplicate, or anything else.

of course you can kill them now. with thermal burner.

which is OP, and most likely will be nerfed i bet.

most tacklers are still busy yolo-poking with doomsdays, and unfortunately, have no time for the taikins, anyway

15 hours ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

but in the upper ranks they have been nerfed to the ground.

i cant imagine why elly would be stronger in lower tiers, than in higher ones anyway.

true, thargas aint no problem to kill anymore, close range they still have extreme damage. because most of them use their role weapons. anyway, except hive and super duper strafe they seem to be fine now, not too weak not too strong.

wazgots look worse than they are currently due to the high damage output of at least one thermal burner in every game. that is true for almost all elly ships, but especially for frigates.

taikins are recons, so of course they wont win a damage fest. but its by far the best ceptor atm. in a meta that has really weak ceptors (compared to the adaptive days of OP pulselasers)

its similar to the time proxy mortar was op. for a while, elly ships cant handle the stress, then the weapon gets nerfed, business goes back as usual.

their uber mobility has not been nerfed much tbh.

i still use the tharga, without problems, on an honest honorable no-hive no-thragaktahta gauss fit.

The taikin comment is funny @niripas 

Even cr0 has difficulty hitting those. I’m not sure who is killing you with 2 taps 

There’s plenty of people flying taikin in t5 that you can’t hit with Gauss unless you go all in on projectile speed or fly tackler with same

27 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

I’m not sure who is killing you with 2 taps 

niri is killing them with 2 taps coz he’s GM and he can use autoaim cheatz!

5 hours ago, g4borg said:

… [Taikin] capture speed allows them to still dominate each objective gameplay.

most of the time, the real thing that kills them is being overconfident. …

… and/or my Waz’Got build. They fear me coming and jumpy-jump from far …

But their capture speed combined with its mobility is an issue in regard to after-battle gains and rewards (in some scenarios) espec. in comparison to normal interceptors. But wouldn’t you as developer want a lever for getting people actually pay for this super stuff? I always understand it this way. I do not know how to financially set up a free to play game in an alternative reasonable way other than the SC does, though (I guess g4borg, niri, cr0  and others here have way more experience, so I maybe wrong).

… wazgots can be really hard to take down, due to their abilities. no other engi is that tough and can escape situations like it. of course, that wont show in a 1v1. games are 12v12.

regen isnt tank.

true, their healing ability is not the top, but it doesnt have to be, also, they can use healing guns if they want to keep a single ship alive. so they are not too shabby either. …

But thats what I always wanted : useability & survivability in battles combined with vulnerabilities and short comings so the engi I would like to use (Waz’Got in this case) would not be an object of certain players misusing it in extraordinary ways (combo with dessy or in organized group-play) easily (so it will be seriously nerfed to the ground and becomes unusable for me again). Waz’Got is good against threats from single interceptors/fighters trying to easy-kill you, its good for heal builds, good for fire-support builds in PvP, good for open space travel and survival, good for (most) PvE. Its the ideal ship for me , because of my overall situation, see below:

… its not about how to counter fast and agile ships, its about the fact, that in a video game, something that has huge acceleration, turning, and speed, becomes unhittable if you pair it with good ping and some tapping / turning, and then it has jumps, can deploy a fake, etc. …

…that’s so true! I face the opposite situation, that is low ping, low FPS, mediocre skills with aiming for example lasers, I adopted to the frigates as the ship class I learned to manage to fly.  I’d say it again and again: this/my situation must be fun in SC, too, as well as I wish every other player to be happy very much with their swift interceptors/Taikins. It must be 1st fun and 2nd fair on the two opposite poles in this arena, too. This could be reached by not letting the low ping/FPS environments drive into deep frustration after frustration in battles.

… sarcasm at top level, because coming from you its a bit ironic. you seen me playin LRF much? i dont care so much about my K/D and stats to play sniper holiday. …

i am only saying, what i can witness, in daily dealings of pvp. i try to keep an open mind. …

True, I noticed that recently: he’s a gentleman player, opposite of milfs and geneiusses. Got me even into thinking I might feel a bit of guilty conscience to use my Ellydium ship (Waz’Got) next to him… If players like him can’t easily stand against my Waz’Got in guards, fighters, and if top dev players from DESU in tourney cant come up to me and score-kill my Wazzi in their meta-fighter (because I 1st fire, 2nd gravi wave them in proximity and 3rd finish-kill them with octopus missiles and main guns), I think he has a good point (or he was experimenting with builds, or was playing defensive). But also I guess, the normal ships will get stronger across-the-board in this season of SC.

23 hours ago, g4borg said:

sure.

maybe for cr0.

wazgots can be really hard to take down, due to their abilities. no other engi is that tough and can escape situations like it. of course, that wont show in a 1v1. games are 12v12.

regen isnt tank.

true, their healing ability is not the top, but it doesnt have to be, also, they can use healing guns if they want to keep a single ship alive. so they are not too shabby either.

sarcasm at top level, because coming from you its a bit ironic. you seen me playin LRF much? i dont care so much about my K/D and stats to play sniper holiday.

its not about how to counter fast and agile ships, its about the fact, that in a video game, something that has huge acceleration, turning, and speed, becomes unhittable if you pair it with good ping and some tapping / turning, and then it has jumps, can deploy a fake, etc.

of course i could just reduce my resolution and go back to 4:3 to have insane hitrate, or play tackler all day like in the past.

i find it funny, how the turn keys were removed after years suddenly, when a majority realized how to abuse them. same is for all elly ships. arguing you can kill most of them easily, flown by people you could kill in any ship easily, is not really rocket science

i am only saying, what i can witness, in daily dealings of pvp. i try to keep an open mind. also i am sometimes arguing against the very ships i use. because any player will gravitate to op mechanics. it’s not like you play the regular ships much.

and one must be blind not to notice, that elly is still the most prominent faction in r15. i did not build myself a taikin, because i know i will get stuck in it.

taikins? with base speeds around 400, acceleration around 200, rots around 200, strafe around 100-150, turning off AB does turn it into a regular (?) interceptor, yes. and yes, that was builds i saw featuring all of this. you cant tell me it disables base stats aswell, or does it?

of course it comes at a cost of being paper. but its paper that escapes any scissors.

he can just hit his multipurpose module, and jump away, press a button to cloak duplicate, or anything else.

most tacklers are still busy yolo-poking with doomsdays, and unfortunately, have no time for the taikins, anyway

i cant imagine why elly would be stronger in lower tiers, than in higher ones anyway.

true, thargas aint no problem to kill anymore, close range they still have extreme damage. because most of them use their role weapons. anyway, except hive and super duper strafe they seem to be fine now, not too weak not too strong.

wazgots look worse than they are currently due to the high damage output of at least one thermal burner in every game. that is true for almost all elly ships, but especially for frigates.

taikins are recons, so of course they wont win a damage fest. but its by far the best ceptor atm. in a meta that has really weak ceptors (compared to the adaptive days of OP pulselasers)

its similar to the time proxy mortar was op. for a while, elly ships cant handle the stress, then the weapon gets nerfed, business goes back as usual.

their uber mobility has not been nerfed much tbh.

i still use the tharga, without problems, on an honest honorable no-hive no-thragaktahta gauss fit.

I’m just saying what I see from my experience. And no - I usually don’t fly interceptors due to my disabilities. However for the mission of killing 5 players in OS I’m taking a tackler (if most of the enemies are inties) or tackler killing taikin (if tacklers :-)). I’m not talking about ultra pros, however I still killed NERW in his Tai’kin while flying a Gauss tackler. Lately I changed it for plasma minigun and it’s easier to hit a Taikin, but it’s not as fast as Gauss. Also - even standard interceptors can be build to similar standard as taikin has right now (agility wise). Just not many people use them as taikin is so much more versatile as a recon. Heck, there was even a report on one pilot flying Grey Falcon with a video as “it was impossible to hit”.

Waz’gots are easier to take down than Octopus or Minotaur. Unless by special ability you mean the battle station and attacker is a single low HP interceptor. For that you need to kill/disable station first. Also - in case of regen - yes it is. Repair kit adds 6k hull to normal ships immediately, while only 3k on Waz’got. You can literally shoot 3 doomsdays from 5 kilometers at Waz’got and he will explode (ok, if there is emergency shield capsule, you need to finish it off). Tharga/Taikin is very effective with such attack as it can equip missile reload (and that’s how I killed Avarshina - by mistake, sorry! - in open space - launched one doomsday, second one, reload, third - from 6 kilometers). Also it’s healing gun is only half of effectiveness in comparison to Eclipse launcher or Brokk’s WL-13. So you can equip this ship as a normal healer or utility (with emergency repair station and Patron defence). In last few days we went with utility setup for our dread battles and believe me  - it can keep one small/medium ship alive at a time and rescue another one (with patron), but it’s completely useless for healing destroyers or tanking any serious damage.

On 1/10/2018 at 5:12 AM, g4borg said:

sure.

maybe for cr0.

regen isnt tank.

There is a Russian saying “Fear has very big eyes”, which means that people who are afraid prone to exaggerate things. I get that you don’t have Taikin and cannot talk from a 1st hand experience, but you do exactly that, exaggerate it’s capabilities, since I don’t see a point spending hours on making a taikin guide, i’ll just link what is available for a reference:

https://forum.star-conflict.ru/index.php?/topic/57587-zakazhi-fit-u-molle/&do=findComment&comment=1249503

It is all in Russian, so google translate ftw.

These builds are pretty much what is still somewhat combat capable these days, which is quite similar to a Tharga where you only have 1-2 evolution variants viable at all. Ship is paper thin is understatement it has no place for resistances it cannot take direct hit’s at all, you scratch it - it is forced to retreat, and you know well that killing is not necessary to render someone useless. The only thing Taikin is still good at is to contest Objectives in a very small size of engagement, and that is only a handful of map-game-mode combinations in random PvP. Taikins more than any other ships are prone to AOE and no aim dmg, and game is full of that. And you don’t need thermal burner to kill taikins, all it comes how well you feel the game flow and positioning, and of course, using the right tool in the right circumstances.

On 1/10/2018 at 5:12 AM, g4borg said:

Sorry, but you are making it sound like it is some kind of handicap, while in reality Gauss Tharga with non Hive special module is pretty much the most consistently effective Tharga build around, less situational but have less carry potential than a situational specs used when stars aligned.