active modules

Is there there somewhere a documentation on how you use the different active modules and how they behave in game (I’m not talking about what they do according to the in-game description and I know I have to press the number key to activate them).

I’m asking because some modules you activate once and they stay active the whole battle or so and do their thing. Other modules you seem to need to activate/re-activate when needed. Then some modules have changing numbers (lower left corner of the module icon) and have no idea what that means. Sometimes modules deactivate them-self (not sure why …).

The question is about active modules of all roles of ships but especially Engineering and Command.

I tried to find something in the Wiki(s) but didn’t seen anything that really explains the use of the modules.

Could someone please help me out?

The lower number mean the number of person affected by your buff/debuff.

Reasons for module self-deactivation include ecm ion disable or out of energy.

Some have a maximum duration, like the emergency guard shield boost

The lower number mean the number of person affected by your buff/debuff.

Reasons for module self-deactivation include ecm ion disable or out of energy.

Thanks. What is if the Aegis shows no number when it is on but team mates are near you? Lack of energy to support them with shield resistance?

I haven’t thought about lack of energy. I saw the Aegis went off and didn’t know why, by the time I noticed it it was off I had enough energy to activate it again.

Some have a maximum duration, like the emergency guard shield boost

Thanks. Does that mean it keeps repairing the shield for the defined time (20s) no matter what? So lets say the shield is down by 20% and then you active this shield repair module. Does it stop repairing when the shield is at 100% even though the 20s are not over and you get damaged again before the 20s run out?

Here is a link to the wiki as reference what active modules exist and what they do: http://wiki.star-conflict.com/index.php?title=Active_Modules not sure if it is up-to-date .

it keeps going. very helpful for tanking sustained fire to the face

Thanks. What is if the Aegis shows no number when it is on but team mates are near you? Lack of energy to support them with shield resistance?

I haven’t thought about lack of energy. I saw the Aegis went off and didn’t know why, by the time I noticed it it was off I had enough energy to activate it

That happens when you have a teammate also using Aegis but they have better mk that you. Same buff does not stack and the game choose the most powerful version of it.

it keeps going. very helpful for tanking sustained fire to the face

Thanks, good to know.

That happens when you have a teammate also using Aegis but they have better mk that you. Same buff does not stack and the game choose the most powerful version of it.

I had Mk4, maybe it just pick someone random when the same mk or whoever activate’s first.

Thank You guys. I have trouble finding small details like this that doesn’t seem to be documentated anywhere except getting lucky finding something in the forum search or someone kind enough to respond and tell how stuff works in detail.

Was that information posted anywhere or did you find that out during using the modules?

Thanks, good to know.

I had Mk4, maybe it just pick someone random when the same mk or whoever activate’s first.

Thank You guys. I have trouble finding small details like this that doesn’t seem to be documentated anywhere except getting lucky finding something in the forum search or someone kind enough to respond and tell how stuff works in detail.

Was that information posted anywhere or did you find that out during using the modules?

Using the modules. And through various private testing. 

trial and error. i really had no idea how to engie at first

trial and error. i really had no idea how to engie at first

Thanks for sharing.

It shows poor game development (even if it is beta) that simple things like how to use a module and it’s behavior you have to find out via trial and error (or ask other players). No wonder why people get upset in PvP games when others don’t know how to use their special abilities/modules.

I was also the idiot who skipped the tutorial

Well tutorial is introduced only in 0.8 or something

I started in .8