accidentally hit ally - engi drones go berserk on them

1. Description of the problem, what happened.

When in Engi Frigate w/ Coil Mortar, I accidentally hit ally NPCs a few times (I assumed there was no friendly fire like in PvE) and then my drones wouldn’t stop attacking them. They gave me warnings to stop but I couldn’t get the drone to stop, and then they killed me in retaliation.

2. What did you expected to happen.

If I stop attacking, my drones would stop too;

Drones don’t go hostile unless I target lock a friendly and shoot them manually;

Ability to pacify drones or change them to passive/defensive/aggressive mode or something;

Press [x] to say sorry?

3. The conditions during the situation.

Invasion quest to kill punisher boss AI alien thing, tons and tons of enemies and police in one area, which I hit a few times with coil mortar.

4. Further details on the issue.

I stopped attacking and tried self-destruct on the engi drones, but the assault drones were uncontrollable.

5. Frequency of occurrence.

Happened once and since then, I stopped using coil mortar in space, but should be easily reproducable.

6. Logs + [screenshots](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/18799-how-to-takepost-screenshots/) or a video (Including a description of the issue, where to and how to reproduce it)

N/A

7. If possible, the time when it happend. In this case we will be able to look more closely to the server logs. Also mention your time zone.

N/A - tbh I didn’t think about it until a friend mentioned it a few days later.

9. The results of this [program](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25324-info-connection-losses-high-ping-and-related-issues/) if the bug report is related to connection issues.

N/A

10. If the complaint is related to Sector Conquest, it is necessary to specify the location and time + timezone of the happening.

N/A

Edited to fit format.

It is not a bug. If the drones are attacking him it is because it already is hostile, so no matter what the ally NPC will attack you back.

Anyway, combat drones only attack the locked target, so you can just unlock you current target and the drones will return to your side. In case the engineer drones are attacking, just move out of range.

You can also destroy them with the special module on-use effect :slight_smile:

This is not a bug, we’re going to try and come up with a way to improve the situation.