Acceleration values incorrect

I noticed acceleration values are always incorrect.
E.g. acceleration on my ‘Wolf’ is specified as 12.5 m/s2 but it actually hits 300 m/s in about 3 seconds, which should be 100 m/s2.

This makes it hard to evaluate the usefulness of acceleration buffs.

Also, acceleration is different when using afterburners and that effect isn’t specified anywhere.

Is there a fixed ratio between the specified acceleration value and actual acceleration? can I just calculate value * 8 to get the real value?

12,5m/s² <—

12.5 m/s2 means gaining 12.5 m/s speed every second, actual acceleration is more around 100 m/s per second

Don’t use afterburners and test it :slight_smile:

300 m/s in 3 seconds is without afterburners

I noticed acceleration values are always incorrect.

E.g. acceleration on my ‘Wolf’ is specified as 12.5 m/s2 but it actually hits 300 m/s in about 3 seconds, which should be 100 m/s2.

This makes it hard to evaluate the usefulness of acceleration buffs.

Also, acceleration is different when using afterburners and that effect isn’t specified anywhere.

Is there a fixed ratio between the specified acceleration value and actual acceleration? can I just calculate value * 8 to get the real value?

12.5 m/s2 means gaining 12.5 m/s speed every second, actual acceleration is more around 100 m/s per second

300 m/s in 3 seconds is without afterburners

wXHgAMp.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_(algebra)

12.5 * 12.5 = 156.25

so about 300 m/s after 2 seconds.

wXHgAMp.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_(algebra)

12.5 * 12.5 = 156.25

so about 300 m/s after 2 seconds.

That can’t be the thing in this game, it’s being calculated different and it shows the right values.

9UOfmlM.png

The way you calculate it would make my Mauler accelerating with 3844m/s.

For me it shows the right value right away, for example my Wolf has an acceleration of 102m/s²

Actually just the ² is wrong here.

They changed it recently. Didn’t even notice.

Yeah it’s odd that something like acceleration could have an error for so long XD At least now I can say that frigates can fly in the atmosphere…