About destroyers in PvP...

this is a destroyer nooby question maybe…

I recently build an Invincible destroyer… Im new with destroyers, but I noticed something about other players destroyers…

sometimes its like very balanced, everyone getting kills, common PvP battles… even destroyer against another…

other extraordinary moments, there are destroyers that go real fast, REAL FAST, they kill other destroyers pretty quick, and barely get their shield reduced, even with focused fire… of course their kill count is high and they dont get killed…

I asked around to more experienced players, and I checked stats of destroyers even with good modules, and it makes no sense, some people say they are cheating, others say its just the modules and boosts they use, but that would be amazingly unbalanced… Im pretty sure, many players have seen them, and I wont say they are cheating if not certain, but if those are really modules and boosts, how the **** you do that!? how you can one-shot other destroyers? (I tested all guns btw…)

Take a screenshot of the stats of this destroyer, ful stats please. And you can obscure the name of the player. We will see. Proabably you have been fighting against a Procyon well fitted with a skilled destroyer player.

Btw… Do you know something about this infamous “new” gamemode called “Team Deathmatch survival” with increased damage?

In survival mode, if you get hit with explosive weapons such as Halo launcher and other torps, they can easily blow you up fast as the area damage will destroy your modules, causing large “white” damage of 60,000 points. This will wreck any destroy fast. Also, Procyon with Federation F module set to “speed” will be a lot faster than your Invincible especially if you have the Empire F module and you are sitting on the “Damage” setting.

Also regarding the F module, who decided it was a good idea to make Fed = Yellow, Empire = Red and Jericho = Blue?

In line with the faction colours it should be Fed = Blue, Empire = Yellow and Jericho = Red.

Its not only the Halo that can make your day a nightmare,spam G’Thar’Du to keep them in place,use Pyro to drain them and finally do a Tempest Snake on them and their health will go down faster than Twitter’s price!

Also,they went by with this colour scheme cause:Shield=Blue,More damage in almost every game=Red and Yellow cause yellow,also the collectible buffs have the same colour,except the blue one,that gives you invincibility.

Still not a fan of that colour scheme for it. Plus the fact that whatever F module you choose, it still defaults to the faction specific mode of the destroyer. I wonder how many Aces choose a speed one and it defaults to shields all the time and they never know…or, it is just annoying to have to change it at the start of each spawn XD

20 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Its not only the Halo that can make your day a nightmare,spam G’Thar’Du to keep them in place,use Pyro to drain them and finally do a Tempest Snake on them and their health will go down faster than Twitter’s price!

Also,they went by with this colour scheme cause:Shield=Blue,More damage in almost every game=Red and Yellow cause yellow,also the collectible buffs have the same colour,except the blue one,that gives you invincibility.

you aint know nothing kiddo…they picked the colors from crysis (although armor mode is white instead of blue):

All in all i’m fine with destroyers, they’re not all that powerfull as some told me… But why, for god sake do i find myself facing some when i equip ONLY rank 5 ships? Matchmaking is broken. With the same said ships (namely a neuron zealot frigate and a dagger V interceptor) i also find myself facing rank 1 to 3 ships only. When i could eventually deal some significant damages to a destroyer with either of those ships (mostly the dagger actually, cover ops are op and the neuron is too slow to even get a peek at the destroyer, makes sense though) there is no way a newcomer with only the basic weapons and upgrades could beat me (i’m not bragging, i maxed out my stuff, full synergy and all) let alone have fun facing me.

If you want people to face ships that are more than 3 ranks above theirs, at least make it handicap matches with a different number of ships. Cause 3 level 1 fighters will never destroy a neuron zealot with balistic shield on (rank 1 ships only have access to balistic weapons) and anti-missiles protection if there are others ships to help the said jericho ship.

Same probably apply to destroyers. Tier 2 should be facing from rank 4 up to rank 6 ships and not above. Rank 7 are already a pain in the butt but should be fine. And rank 3 should be able to face rank 5 as well. So if you want flexibility to allow faster matchmaking -1rank and +1 rank should be ok. But if someone turns on the game for the first time, play and face a rank 5 ship he will lose, get bored, and leave never to come back. Just saying.

I’m not trying to avoid fighting rank 6+ ships, i’m just trying to get my hands on the ghost and kite-e.

And yes i do own one lvl 8 ship, that shouldn’t mean i’m doomed to play it all the time or loose. Matchmaking should be based on the ships on use and not ships one own.