A MASSIVE problem

This is one that that has been complained about since the game started.
Items that are equipped on ships count against your storage.
I’ve played a lot of online games and I have never seen a storage system as ridiculous as this.
I will attempt to explain why this is stupid in as clear a fashion as possible.
The ships take storage space. The items within those ships do not take any storage space.
A box in a warehouse takes up warehouse space. The items within that box, while taking up space within that box do NOT take up any additional warehouse space. How is this concept not understood by your developers? Items NOT equipped in a ship would take up space. Items within or on the ship should not be considered as taking up space in the beyond the hull. Yes, I understand that items mounted to the outside of the ship do take up space. Are the computers outside? The engines all seem to be within the hull. Capacitors? Inside. I would bet that changing this would be as simple as changing a value so these items are NOT counted as consuming additional storage when they are installed.

|   |
|   |   |
|   |   |
|   |   |
|   |   |
|   |   |
|   |   |

I wonder why you and others always have such a issue with how the storage system works. Also at that point,  for “realism”, why do infinite blueprints take up the same space as one? Or if you would argue that “stacked” resources are in a fixed size container, than why do 50 Tai’Kin Light armor plates need the same space as 10k Launch Chamber: Hybrid missiles, which should be bigger as a per piece size.

In all these years playing SC I have never mentioned to fully use the storage (Right now ~2100/2500)

21 hours ago, Johnnynator1 said:

I wonder why you and others always have such a issue with how the storage system works. Also at that point,  for “realism”, why do infinite blueprints take up the same space as one? Or if you would argue that “stacked” resources are in a fixed size container, than why do 50 Tai’Kin Light armor plates need the same space as 10k Launch Chamber: Hybrid missiles, which should be bigger as a per piece size.

In all these years playing SC I have never mentioned to fully use the storage (Right now ~2100/2500)

Well now. Should seed chips that are installed in a ship also be considered in the warehouse at the exact same time?
It should be either or. But it’s not. It’s both at the same time.
Our ships slow down in outer space. Why?
Technically they should continue to accelerate with no limit. Right?
But they don’t. How’s that for realism?

The player base is shrinking. Have you asked yourself why?
Maybe it’s issues like this that are driving players away.

Items installed on a ship should not now and never should have been considered in storage at the same time.
It’s asinine to suggest otherwise.

try cleaning storage … i used to have max storage like 2 years ago after regular taking in crap modules i didnt even need i was maxed out at cargo every 7-9 time i sell an item they kick you from the server statin u have send too many requests try deleting 450 items like that …