A few tooltip bugs

So I’ve run into a few odd things and though I’d just post them here, feel free to move/remove the thread if they have already been reported.

EDIT: Added a few more items

• Mass shield generators in the Mk II family don’t have their group info displayed on their tooltip.
  • The Jericho #4 implant does not provide the 75 % range increase on missile as it says, instead it displays a 40% range increase in the missile tooltip.
  • The Fed #2 implant does not provide 75 % increase in sensor range, but a 40 % range increase is displayed instead.
  • A clarification is needed on the Antimatter shells, since the tooltip gives the impression that the improved versions reduce your damage more than the Tier 1 versions. This is the opposite of the trend seen in the laser damage type change, where increasing Mk levels decrease the damage reduction (and which would makes sense).
  • The use of the terms X damage in Y seconds is a bit confusing. It would make more sense to write X damage over Y seconds , where X is the total damage over the specified time. Alternatively X damage for Y seconds , where X is per second. There are also inconsistencies in the use of this; for example the medium shield boosters type it out as per second, compared to large boosters. If it really is per second, it changes a few things… (see screenshot).

Additionally: You really need make the buy extra storage tap easy to find for newbies. For those 99%: Its in the equipment tab, right hand box, the + sign at the bottom next to the storage info. Click the +.

Now I want a cookie.

Cool game though!

post-240393-0-24943000-1365333155.jpg

post-240393-0-89536500-1365333158.jpg

post-240393-0-02731400-1365333163.jpg

post-240393-0-76452200-1365500918.jpg

• Mass shield generators in the Mk II family don’t have their group info displayed on their tooltip.

As far as I know, the team is working on fixing this.

• The Jericho #4 implant does not provide the 75 % range increase on missile as it says, instead it displays a 40% range increase in the missile tooltip.
  • The Fed #2 implant does not provide 75 % increase in sensor range, but a 40 % range increase is displayed instead.

Not really my field, but I’ll ask around and see what I can do about it. In any case, I will relay this to the relevant people.

• A clarification is needed on the Antimatter shells, since the tooltip gives the impression that the improved versions reduce your damage more than the Tier 1 versions. This is the opposite of the trend seen in the laser damage type change, where increasing Mk levels decrease the damage reduction (and which would makes sense).

This is a known bug, should be fixed soon.

• The use of the terms X damage in Y seconds is a bit confusing. It would make more sense to write X damage over Y seconds, where X is the total damage over the specified time. Alternatively X damage for Y seconds, where X is per second. There are also inconsistencies in the use of this; for example the medium shield boosters type it out as per second, compared to large boosters. If it really is per second, it changes a few things… (see screenshot).

I’ve looked through the strings and I’m pretty sure I managed to fix most inconsistencies and change all the cases of “in” to “over”. If something’s still wrong after the upcoming update, please, don’t hesitate to report it again.

• Additionally: You really need make the buy extra storage tap easy to find for newbies. For those 99%: Its in the equipment tab, right hand box, the + sign at the bottom next to the storage info. Click the +.

Again, not really my field, but I will relay this suggestion to our interface people.

Now I want a cookie.

Best I can do is a virtual cookie. Catch!

Cool game though!

Thank you for your kind words and your valuable feedback! Enjoy the game!

I just realised that I had misunderstood the display of the values (the displayed range is the sum of the original and the bonus shown next to it) and as such these bonuses actually work as intended, so no need to report it.

Nice to see such a quick response! :good:

I do have a question regarding the empire T1-rank2 implant, where it states a 75% lock decrease and 10% critical chance increase. The critical works fine, but the lock speed only goes down by about 40-45% Is this due to the math used in the game(IE: 100% = half of normal) or an actual bug?

Could you identify what the value is and what the green/red value beside that value is?

Could you identify what the value is and what the green/red value beside that value is?

that would be

1.4(-1.1 green)  for my hydra

1.4(-1.1 green) for my Templar

1(-0.8 green) for my deimos

Yup, looks fishy to me.

Seems to be due to the way reduction is calculated as you mentioned, a 100 % reduction does not eliminate lock down time altogether but effectively divides it by 2.

So 75 % lock decrease on a 1.8 sec lock (deimos):

1.8 / 1.75 = 1

And for hydra

2.5 / 1.75 = 1.4

Seems to be due to the way reduction is calculated as you mentioned, a 100 % reduction does not eliminate lock down time altogether but effectively divides it by 2.

So 75 % lock decrease on a 1.8 sec lock (deimos):

1.8 / 1.75 = 1

And for hydra

2.5 / 1.75 = 1.4

I can’t say I’m 100% sure but I imagine that this actually is how the game’s calculations work.