+45 To All Resistances?

I have seen a number of new players with +45 to all resistances is this some new player bonus or can someone enlighten me how they are achieving this.

In what ? PvP or PvE ?

This is a bonus for new players.

This is a bonus for new players.

Is it permanent? because if so WTF that puts all the older players at a severe Disadvantage and I’ve dumped over 200$ into this account.

Is it permanent? because if so WTF that puts all the older players at a severe Disadvantage and I’ve dumped over 200$ into this account.

It’s only for a couple of days.

It’s only for a couple of days.

I don’t like this solution. It gives new players’ unrealistic expectations of how gameplay works (or: "Why am I suddenly getting blown up so easily after 2 days?) and potentially makes the game less fun for non-new players who are playing in low tier matches.

If you’re absolutely going to do this, perhaps it should come in the form of a special ship that they’re only allowed to use for X number of matches? Still, I think a good tutorial, and maybe preferential matchmaking (newbies most likely to be matched with other newbies rather than vets with lynxes) would be better. 

This seems like a horrible idea only because a new player coming into the game plays for two days and reaches T2.  They have received these resistances for the full two days and now suddenly upon entering T2(a more difficult/varied tier) the resistances run out and their first experience is getting owned because…

1)  They have not learned to avoid damage as much because they have been winning 1v1 fights with T1 players who don’t have the bonuses to resistance and thus they have shootouts with eachother instead of avoiding damage.

2)  They have 45 less resistances.  I mean, thats a ton.  They’ll die quicker and be like, T2 sucks, this game sucks!

I dunno.  Seems like a bad way to assist players along.

This seems like a horrible idea only because a new player coming into the game plays for two days and reaches T2.  They have received these resistances for the full two days and now suddenly upon entering T2(a more difficult/varied tier) the resistances run out and their first experience is getting owned because…

1)  They have not learned to avoid damage as much because they have been winning 1v1 fights with T1 players who don’t have the bonuses to resistance and thus they have shootouts with eachother instead of avoiding damage.

2)  They have 45 less resistances.  I mean, thats a ton.  They’ll die quicker and be like, T2 sucks, this game sucks!

I dunno.  Seems like a bad way to assist players along.

Fully agree.

Also… Why it’s not stated openly anywhere? 

I imagine it would be a good thing to discuss such drastic changes in gameplay mechanics with community - or at least inform us that such thing is getting introduced?

Honestly, ninja changes to various aspects of the game are never a good way to deal with community. Especially “rules” which should be transparent both to new and old players for rather obvious reasons…