3 ship minimum in sector conquest.

I guess that OP is Mental, so I must be Serious Sam. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now bring me some rockets and a rocket launcher!

Was this really worthy of a Necro? Just let it die.

I guess that OP is Mental, so I must be Serious Sam. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now bring me some rockets and a rocket launcher!

ROFL xD

…

Minimum of 4v4 for pvp as well, 3v3 is shtballs when you get stupidly OP teams vs low teams all the time.

Also full squad teams makes it just as stupid and I dont even play SC anymore.

MAXED OUT SHIP FTW !!!

Well, the easy fix should be that you get 4 spawn regardless of what ship you pick, that way it would not matter if you only bring 1 ship to play of 4.

that’s not fair either, since you could take an octopus and therefore play the strongest possible healer in the game 4 times.

i had thought of that before too, but the implications of a never ending spark, a never ending mjolnir, a never ending caltrop or wakizashi-ae, … would be horrifying.

Especially, since it would quadruple your items; you have a fully orange/purple ship and can take it 4 times, while another one has invested time into bringing up at least 4 ships to that level; that’s not necessarily unfair, but at least it is borderline to it and would encourage people to bring less diversity, instead of more.

hypothetically, since this thread is indeed old; similar thoughts about minimal ships brought to battle, or which tier there are, are already popping up for t4&t5 in general; those tiers should not encourage “1 ship players” or people synergizing t1-t3, except they do pve.

that’s not fair either, since you could take an octopus and therefore play the strongest possible healer in the game 4 times.

i had thought of that before too, but the implications of a never ending spark, a never ending mjolnir, a never ending caltrop or wakizashi-ae, … would be horrifying.

Especially, since it would quadruple your items; you have a fully orange/purple ship and can take it 4 times, while another one has invested time into bringing up at least 4 ships to that level; that’s not necessarily unfair, but at least it is borderline to it and would encourage people to bring less diversity, instead of more.

hypothetically, since this thread is indeed old; similar thoughts about minimal ships brought to battle, or which tier there are, are already popping up for t4&t5 in general; those tiers should not encourage “1 ship players” or people synergizing t1-t3, except they do pve.

Well, we could also add an extra rule that a ship cannot be used more than twice, thus you would need to bring 2 ships minimum (something everyone can do). 

I agree with wolfkhan actually. It should be 1 ship per person. That would be way better. Or it should be increased to 4 ships minimum. 

1 ship would be interesting and pretty fun for sure!  But, I don’t think it would be ideal for sec con.  Sec con is pretty good as it is, so long as you get a good server.  You just have to suck it up or develop your own death squad to fight the other death squads out there.  Maybe add another game mode where you just have 1 ship to give like you suggested?  Make it available from t1 and up.

I agree with wolfkhan actually. It should be 1 ship per person. That would be way better. Or it should be increased to 4 ships minimum. 

Knowing how long it can take to get a match going, having only one life would be quite crippling. At that point you could just ignore the capping and focus on the killing/staying alive.

Knowing how long it can take to get a match going, having only one life would be quite crippling. At that point you could just ignore the capping and focus on the killing/staying alive.

For sector conquest, at least, the queue times would actually be improved. you’d also get more games in within that one hour.

i think sec con is rather slow in the queue because it’s not a place for easy wins, and certain teams just clean it out; also because the trolling fits atm. are ridiculous and painful to watch - if the first thing you see is a tackler crashing into the enemy beacon, followed by an all-in ecm from the enemy, and all you can expect from your team is to revive with yet another drone pooper fit, you know what you got yourself into - t5 pub pvp with all its flaws of people who just discover that the engi actually has modules which heal more people, and that even the uber ecm role gets hardcore bongo bongo if you keep standing around while shooting, is still sometimes more fun than some sec cons atm.

selecting which ships you will use for the game, and in which order you take them, is important for the gameplay. it allows for strategical thought,  adapting to enemy situation. it also allows to focus, which kind of ships you try to take out first in the other team, especially if you have an opponent which you actually know, so you want to counter its strengths and control the game, even if your ships die.

having only one ship will just end in silly gameplay. may be fun with an inhouse team, where you have the teams pick their ships, but in a life game, this would be just a terribly boring killfest.

it is fine as it is, and the polls show, it should be even more restrictive.

Remember that you’d still be able to choose from your 4 ships right at the beginning. 

Anyways, this would ensure that a single player will be able to fit a single ship for sector conquest faster, instead of needing to outfit 4.