2 New Game Modes

30 vs 30 Death match.

This is pretty simple and straightforward  Throw in 60 total people to duke it out, randomize the spawn to prevent camping and make it so that the rewards are greater when working together. 

What could possibly be wrong with this game mode? I mean most people hate objectives/ forget and want to get to the core of this game, which is PLAYER VERSES PLAYER! 

Corporation Vs corporation Squad Matchmaking.

2 Squads verses another 2 squads of another corp. Or if you want ot mess it up a bit, let the corps that are large battle each other in there own private matches. 

Also as a general thing, we should let the devs know that random game modes suck. Some people HATE the combat recon others love it. Give the players freedom of choice. 

Let me know what you guys think about these ideas in the comments. 

30 vs 30 wouldn’t work because a) the game isn’t built to handle it, and b) it already takes like 4 minutes to get a 6v6 game, so for 30v30 it would take… 2hours? :smiley:

Some equals to this suggestions may be added in the future :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t mind massive space battles.

Would make the game more interesting.  Better yet, have the massive space battles such as 30 vs 30 for sector domination matches.

What is needed is a CTF type mode and a FFA deathmatch mode for duking it out personally.

I like the sound of Corp-vs-Corp matches, as I’ve always felt this is really where PvP Clans belong; facing each other.

Huge matches? Yes, definitely. I would personally prefer them to be mixed-tier games though, with higher ranked ships awarding more points when killed; this is mainly to prevent the problem of low tier ships being ‘farmed’ excessively. It could also potentially work by having a handicap (ie: the higher your tier, the more ‘players’ you count as). As such, you could potentially have a match of 60 Tier 1 players facing 10 or so Tier 4s, or whatever is deemed balanced.

Capture the Flag is sort of covered with the bomb mode, but Deathmatch is right out - the game is clearly not built for that kind of play.

Capture the Flag is sort of covered with the bomb mode, but Deathmatch is right out - the game is clearly not built for that kind of play.

They took EMP mode out due to several reasons, and most actually decided to do a death match and left the objective alone in the first place…Le sigh. 

I’ll all about a team deathmatch mode.

Also, a dreadnaught vs dreadnaught mode would be awesome, where each team has to destroy certain weakpoints of it before it blows up completely.

The beacon modes just become cluster fests and are not very dynamic.

my craptop might not be able to handle 60 ships on screen … :frowning:

I’d also like a 8-12 player PVE mode.  That would be crazy/awesome.

Also, a dreadnaught vs dreadnaught mode would be awesome, where each team has to destroy certain weakpoints of it before it blows up completely.

Some ideas in this post might fit with what you think… [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/20017-new-gamemode-moba-style-game-mode/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20017-new-gamemode-moba-style-game-mode/)

;)wt

Also as a general thing, we should let the devs know that random game modes suck. Some people HATE the combat recon others love it. Give the players freedom of choice. 

The downside of this is a -lot- longer queue times and some game modes which would be underplayed. People would start analysing the speed of each mode and min-max their grind. It’s generally a bad idea - let everyone prove themselves in all game modes and rejoice when you get a game mode you love.

Only thing I’d note is that we’ve gone entire weekends without ever getting into Combar Recon whilst that is by far the most popular in our corp. A bit of balance in where you end up would be great. (Track what game mode you threw players in the last 10 games and give them queue priority in the other game modes - thereforce forcing people roughly through all modes equally. This also minimises people being forced to play the modes they don’t like over and over - it should be a fairly equal mix of all types.

As additional note to the ‘mass combat’ and ‘corporation war’ suggestions above - the ‘easiest’ way to do this is by creating a persistent element to the universe. This would mean a major redevelopment of how sector conquest works, but I believe these sectors should actually exist, with corporations fighting for the factions having ‘homes’ (Space Stations/Dreadnoughts) in each sector. Each sector should be ‘owned’ or ‘occupied’ by up to three corporations - not just one. (This ensures that smaller but good corporations have a chance to compete too and also provides enough players on both sides for this to work)

To conquer a sector, the opposing factions/corps have to physically attack the sector and defeat the space stations and dreadnoughts that were constructed there. These could be epic raid-style fights - and the defending corporations/faction have the opportunity to fight off the attackers.

To make this work, space stations/defenses need to be of such strength that an attack takes quite a while. This could possibly be achieved by allowing the three corporations which ‘own’ the sector to purchase/construct additional defenses. Core sectors would over time be heavily entrenched.

I could go on for hours - but you get the jist of it. This is what would be incredibly awesome and if the developers ever pull something like this off, they have an absolute winner on their hands.

Yes please, team deathmatch is necessary!

Also, let us choose which game mode!

I love combat recon but hate any of the beacon game modes because they just become cluster fests!

Thanks!

MM times depend on amount of players, average players per day is only 600-700, and you need to consider that only half are in battles at all times…so yeah…

Oh noez, so OWL has to grow into 2 squads of size, just so I can duel NASA aces and being blasted to bits by your suicider…

As I mentioned on the other thread, a clean deathmatch mode would be very nice. Especially if there are two objectives, like killing the flagship / base or reaching a certain killcount, so it would not be “one sided” and promote actual teamplay to reach a secondary goal.

Something has to be done tho about Techs tho, because if we fragment every game mode by the Tiers, it gets messy with the waiting times. Thats why i think, such a mode would be great if your “point-worth” is dependant on your ship tier and class. Maybe like 10 points for a T1 ceptor, 15 for a t1 fighter, 20 for a t1 frig, 20 for a t2 ceptor, 25 for a t2 fighter… and so on, and then, reach 500 / 1000 points (making a T4 frig e.g. worth 50 points)

Or something like that.